03/25/20 09:10 AM
03/25/20 09:10 AM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline OP
top fuel
RobG  Offline OP
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
How are the current state shelter in place orders impacting your "horse trading" of parts. I have a few pieces that I need to ship out and cannot get the proper packing materials or postage to deliver the goods.

I do not want to take payment until I can deliver the goods. So, it looks like I have a new layaway plan for folks. Speaking of payment, which on-line payment systems are you using?

Folks are stuck at home and have time to work on projects - they just cannot get all the stuff required to do the job.

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.
Re: How are "Shelter at Home" Orders Impacting Moparts Parts Sa [Re: RobG] #2755696
03/25/20 09:19 AM
03/25/20 09:19 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only

Here
Home Depot and Lowes sell some packing stuff. I think FedEx is still open here too

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: How are "Shelter at Home" Orders Impacting Moparts Parts Sa [Re: RobG] #2755702
03/25/20 09:34 AM
03/25/20 09:34 AM
New Jersey
Dante Offline
top fuel
Dante  Offline
top fuel

New Jersey
Staples is open and you can order online and have it delivered.
You can print postage direct from USPS website or ship direct from a UPS store or even Staples.
There is no disruption in the transit sector, FedEX, UPS and USPS are all picking up and delivering.

Dante's Mopar Parts
One of the countries largest Interior Dealer, e-mail for a discounted price quote.
Re: How are "Shelter at Home" Orders Impacting Moparts Parts Sa [Re: Dante] #2755709
03/25/20 09:44 AM
03/25/20 09:44 AM
Rochester NY
J
Jer Offline
super stock
Jer  Offline
super stock
J

Rochester NY
Lowes and Home Depot are open here, great boxes and I use R13 home insulation for a lot of packing. Walmart for T-Rex packing tape. UHaul is open for the long or unusual boxes, and FedEx and USPS are open reg hours...so no issues at all. Selling has slowed, though...

Re: How are "Shelter at Home" Orders Impacting Moparts Parts Sa [Re: Jer] #2755720
03/25/20 10:03 AM
03/25/20 10:03 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I shipped out two parts yesterday and will pack a grille and get an estimate today. I haven't seen any issues selling or shipping parts. My swap meet that was scheduled for April 5th is another story, I have to figure out when to hold it now... frown

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: How are "Shelter at Home" Orders Impacting Moparts Parts Sa [Re: Rhinodart] #2755851
03/25/20 02:31 PM
03/25/20 02:31 PM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA
I only sell parts occasionally, but it shouldn't be a problem. I was amazed in looking at the local Craig's List that it seems the same number of ads keep getting added every day. I've got a '73 'cuda to work on, but I need to go look at it. Might wait on that until next week. I was thinking about doing it tomorrow, but we'll see. Might give me time to get my car closer to starting up so that it's easier to move anyway.

Re: How are "Shelter at Home" Orders Impacting Moparts Parts Sa [Re: RobG] #2755853
03/25/20 02:35 PM
03/25/20 02:35 PM
Bloomington, IN
H
HoosierTA Offline
master
HoosierTA  Offline
master
H

Bloomington, IN
My guys arrested probably the first violation. 20 year old drunk crashed his vehicle. Said he was at a social gathering with friends. Knew about the executive order and didn't care.

We aren't strong arming at all, but when a person shouldn't be out, and affects resources it's appropriate.

The rules here are pretty lax, in that a lot of businesses can still operate as essential, and people can get out and do things related to "maintaining household" which means about anything.

a guy asked about riding his motorcycle. I said it's vehicle related and keeping a battery charged and vehicle operating well fits the criteria. I would do it on to get groceries or something though.

Town is quiet. At a certain point, things need to resume as a matter of national security and to maintain healthy economy. Those highest at risk will need to follow the advice of quarantine without the rest of the country in this situation. It sucks, but there will be a tipping point that it will have to be done.

'70 Challenger R/T 383
'16 Hemi Durango SSV (work vehicle)
'15 Ram Police SSV
Re: How are "Shelter at Home" Orders Impacting Moparts Parts Sa [Re: HoosierTA] #2756138
03/26/20 10:42 AM
03/26/20 10:42 AM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
I have sold a few parts but just been at home not wanting to catch anything as I'm taking care of my parents. With the 3 months shelter-in looming in the future, car shows & swap meets canceled & limited supplies of items for vehicles slowing down, I can see this having a huge effect on the hobby. Swap meets are where folks pick-up deals and items most people don't/won't ship or don't feel like posting on line. Then if you have to buy it and have it shipped, then the added costs might detour a potential sale. Since my project just got canceled til further notice since there were delays in product availability, the assembler said it was too much hassle to wait on stuff to arrive and is having me mothball the car in storage til all the parts are together. Since I had wanted to debut the car this year, but with all the car shows canceled on west coast, kinda not a priority now.