Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Shipping a car to Canada NOW? [Re: Pale_Roader] #2761739
04/08/20 10:05 PM
04/08/20 10:05 PM
Delta, B.C. ,Canada
Onetorun Offline
Onetorun  Offline

Delta, B.C. ,Canada
Yeah it’s a big pain in the %#@$ to do it now, I’ve done it in the past no problem. Pretty much need a broker to do it, they’ll do paperwork and arrange transport for you.
Deal with Rich Woods and the guys at Darby Motorsports in Delta, they specialize in it , as well buy/sell lots of collector cars both sides of the border.
Another thing ,if bringing a car from US,you will need to get BC government vehicle inspection done even to get car transferred into your name, with out it no go. I’m going thru it now with a car (‘66 Chevy II, yeah yeah I know) I bought out of Washington before Christmas, won’t pass inspection (car was a running box off parts) and I can’t get it in my name, I’ve dealt with the insurance guys, and Icbc head office, collector car division etc on it.

Re: Shipping a car to Canada NOW? [Re: Onetorun] #2763725
04/14/20 07:05 AM
04/14/20 07:05 AM
the frozen wastes...
Pale_Roader Offline OP
Swears too much
Pale_Roader  Offline OP
Swears too much

the frozen wastes...
Originally Posted by Onetorun
Yeah it’s a big pain in the %#@$ to do it now, I’ve done it in the past no problem. Pretty much need a broker to do it, they’ll do paperwork and arrange transport for you.
Deal with Rich Woods and the guys at Darby Motorsports in Delta, they specialize in it , as well buy/sell lots of collector cars both sides of the border.
Another thing ,if bringing a car from US,you will need to get BC government vehicle inspection done even to get car transferred into your name, with out it no go. I’m going thru it now with a car (‘66 Chevy II, yeah yeah I know) I bought out of Washington before Christmas, won’t pass inspection (car was a running box off parts) and I can’t get it in my name, I’ve dealt with the insurance guys, and Icbc head office, collector car division etc on it.

Thanks, i'll give them a call. Actually, just found them on FB... even easier.

That inspection sh!t is utter bullsh!t. I've heard ov that before. So basically... i have to completely build the car, invest a few thousand in it (others investing a few tens ov thousand probably) and its STILL not your car yet? Mine is together, mostly, but its RATTY. And its staying ratty. I'm gutting it and building a road race car with plates. Its going to be BARE. If i lived in the Southern States, i swear this thing wouldn't even get glass. So inspection is going to be the mother ov all headaches. I'm probably just going to end up re-vinning the thing. Its not worth anything, it'll never be worth anything, and i'll never sell it, so why not. Used to do that before with my Buicks. Cops used to hand out inspection notices to anything old and loud here like parking tickets... Only problem is finding a good clean BC vin on a car this rare is going to be an even bigger headache...

Page 2 of 2 1 2