Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead

Place an add in the want ad section, time to tool up. Since your gonna be bug deep in these heads you shouldnt mind a modest buy in for the castings and people got them.

So what ya gonna put them on?

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Id say just the opposite. I wish I could buy parts in that condition. Nothing removed from any areas that the oem dictates need to be removed. Pushrod pinch, valve angles, seat angles, chamber shape, rocker stand placement, etc...

I should have been more clear... not these specific heads, but any head / block I would want. The best example I could come up with would be the B engine stage 6. The raw casting has so much potential. They ruined them with the pushrod holes, the spring seat location, the rocker stand positions etc...
Then another thing that comes to mind is the Original ritter block. Let me buy a casting. I’ll put the machined areas where I want them, not worrying about errors or unneeded Machine operations. Seems to me that the wait and errors of machining are the hurdles that keep blocks from making it to market. I realize that I am in a small minority of buyers, but why not offer raw castings as an option. Heck, you could even use it as an advertisement advantage... “Blocks starting at $1500! Available now!“

A lot of more race orietated parts would often be purchased in that way, blocks, heads etc. They'd be castings with some datum surfaces machined and not much else. Not sure how often is happens now though.

Alan Jones