Print Thread
Master cylinder interchangability? #274672
04/02/09 12:28 AM
04/02/09 12:28 AM
Townsville
3_wheelie Offline OP
3_wheelie  Offline OP

Townsville
Ive got a bad MC in my 67 Dart and it seems no local parts stores can get a me a re-man. I noticed the article in the tech section about using the MC from a 81 Ram, but from what i read i'd also need a whole different linkage setup.
Are thier any MC's from other vehicles that could just bolt up?

YutKillYut Grozny lives!
Re: Master cylinder interchangability? [Re: 3_wheelie] #274673
04/02/09 01:33 AM
04/02/09 01:33 AM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
any of the MC's from 67 up will work until later when they went to the 2 bolt ones & those also will work with the alum adapter. Just choose the right bore size, make sure if you have manual brakes that the MC has the recess for the little neoprene retainer & if your dart has(front) disc brakes check that your MC choice has no residual pressure valve in the half that would be closest to the firewall. Check by poking a drill bit deep into the brass seat where that line connects & it's spring loaded so you'll feel it if it has one & it must come out for discs to be connected to that half or get another MC & I've used the small reservoir drum MC's with discs with no problems just keep it topped off which we enthusiast do moe frequently than the general motoring public does.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth