Bitopia
J
jcc Offline OP
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline OP
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
When is it worth it to upgrade from the first Gen port EFI Edelbrock to say the newest 4 version. Seems biggest change is sequential vs batch. Not sure what other useful bells and whistles are really needed/worthwhile. I suspect if Edelbrock will piece meal the upgrade, its mainly ECU, Dual sync Dist, wiring harness, controller, and manifold, injectors, fuel supply stays the same?
My application is non race, street performance only.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Upgrade Edelbrock Pro Flo Injection to Pro 4 worth it? [Re: jcc] #2716551
11/16/19 09:38 PM
11/16/19 09:38 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by jcc
When is it worth it to upgrade from the first Gen port EFI Edelbrock to say the newest 4 version. Seems biggest change is sequential vs batch. Not sure what other useful bells and whistles are really needed/worthwhile. I suspect if Edelbrock will piece meal the upgrade, its mainly ECU, Dual sync Dist, wiring harness, controller, and manifold, injectors, fuel supply stays the same?
My application is non race, street performance only.

Little to no advantage to you if your system is dialed in. Sequential gets you a little more precise fuel control which the OEM uses more for emissions control and getting that last tenth of a MPG for their CAFE ratings than any meaningful power increase.

Kevin

Re: Upgrade Edelbrock Pro Flo Injection to Pro 4 worth it? [Re: jcc] #2716766
11/17/19 03:19 PM
11/17/19 03:19 PM
West Coast, USA
jbc426 Offline
master
jbc426  Offline
master

West Coast, USA
My buddy recently installed the Pro-Flo 4 on his 440. The main reported advantage is the nicely updated programing. They really upgraded how well the system self learns and adapts to ongoing operations. It's reportedly levels above their Pro-Flo 3 set-up.

As mentioned in the first response though, if your system is really well dialed in, there will be little noticeable difference. The main difference between the two should be the amount of tuning you had to do manually to get your current system dialed in, especially hot start and the more complicated tuning issues. Where as the Pro-Flo 4 pretty much does all that tuning using its self learning and more refined initial set-up tables and strategies.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)