04/02/09 09:24 AM
04/02/09 09:24 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
My previous car was a N/SS B (10.50) 63 Dodge (Lickity Split). It was pretty successfull but I thought I could build a better car. Early on in this project I recieved some motor "sponcership" from a freind. Therefore my challenge to go quick. I believe 9.50 cars have won championships but none have repeated (Boyd Peck,Stephanie Demino,And the red Barracuda from Florida). All my pictures are on my other computer which is being repaired. New pics soon.
Doug

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: dvw] #265095
04/02/09 09:28 AM
04/02/09 09:28 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

My previous car was a N/SS B (10.50) 63 Dodge (Lickity Split). It was pretty successfull but I thought I could build a better car. Early on in this project I recieved some motor "sponcership" from a freind. Therefore my challenge to go quick. I believe 9.50 cars have won championships but none have repeated (Boyd Peck,Stephanie Demino,And the red Barracuda from Florida). All my pictures are on my other computer which is being repaired. New pics soon.
Doug

Pretty successfull,a little understated don't you think Doug

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: dvw] #265096
04/02/09 10:23 AM
04/02/09 10:23 AM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
I know the car well. I believe I saw you run at Maple Grove a number of years ago. Do you still have the old '63. I always loved that car. We run a similar '63 Plymouth called "FRUSTRATION". Good luck with the new ride.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: Tommy D] #265097
04/02/09 11:26 AM
04/02/09 11:26 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Doug, I doubt you remember me....you took me out in the second round at one of the old Nostalgia Nationals races at Quaker City back in 95 or so. As a matter of fact, I think we lent you our jack stands so you could change transmissions. Your "Lickety Split" was one of my favorites, although I don't think it was lettered at that event.

I am sort of like Tommy D on this....I still run the prehistoric stuff, iron motor, tach drive dist and mech tach, all of it. I do it because I've had it for many, many years. I guess I'm more of a purist.

I do think a lot of the upgrades are important, MSD's, things like that. I realize that you cannot even buy a tach drive distributor anymore. Especially updates for safety items are important. However, I do think that they should be limited to factory or over the counter aftermarket intakes of the same configuration. I really think that single fours would be OK on the same type of manifold, provided it was available on the motor combo, but no dominators. That's my opinion, but I will not go to war over it, it's really not that big of deal. But, I do think that you have to limit the cars somewhat, otherwise you wind up with a bunch of regular old bracket cars, and the class loses its uniqueness.

Either way, I do this to enjoy myself, and to hang out with other geezers and enjoy the company of everyone who loves this venue of racing. I don't go to impress anyone, or to work on the car. It is amazing to me that after all these years, the type of racing I fell in love with is coming back around. Although I am not a car show guy, I took it to a local charity event last year and was surprised how many old timers came up and thanked me for doing so....it brings back a lot of memories of a simpler time.

Those of us who have had/been around this stuff all our lives kind of take it for granted, but to a lot of others seeing the cars and watching them run is a big, big deal. We've got to keep that in mind. So, I'm going to just keep doing what I do, run slow (tens) with antique stuff and enjoy the experience. One of these days I'm going to con my pal BG to build a dedicated NSS car.....after all, he is the second best looking NSS driver out there.

Tom, did your dad run the "Tough Nuts" 63 Plymouth back in the day?

5137152-KyleBSD.jpg (52 downloads)
Last edited by Steve1118; 04/02/09 11:29 AM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: hemi-itis] #265098
04/02/09 11:51 AM
04/02/09 11:51 AM
S
smalltyredart67 Offline
mopar
smalltyredart67  Offline
mopar
S

ha ha he called me jeffy boy,then it hit me "these are old guys tryin to feel like they still got it" my grandmother called me jeffy boy, and used analogies about ear lobes, she also listened to vaudville(splng) and never drove a car let alone a fast car. you have a lot in common with my dead grandma.
as far as me being a big dog, I personaly don't have a dog in this fight, but paul habura's name was brought up much earlier in this post and your hero doubted the car and the ability of it to run in the eights,let me tell you this:being that you you have hemi in your screen name I can deduce that paul has made more eight second passes than you have made nine second passes.
now I can play patty cake with you and your foster grandson on this post or you can agree to a race at a neutral trackand stop making excuses and dodging the BIG DOGS.
smalltyredart
jeff r

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: Tommy D] #265099
04/02/09 12:40 PM
04/02/09 12:40 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
The 63 was sold and then campained for the new owner by my son (Dizuster). Sadly the ownwer and his family were murdered. The car went to his step sister and then sold to someone in Pa. I have not heard from the new owner in a few years. That Quaker City event was always a good time.
Doug

Post deleted by moparts [Re: smalltyredart67] #265100
04/02/09 12:52 PM
04/02/09 12:52 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265101
04/02/09 01:21 PM
04/02/09 01:21 PM
Inver Grove Heights, MN
69_6bbl_Runner Offline
super street
69_6bbl_Runner  Offline
super street

Inver Grove Heights, MN

Post deleted by Defbob [Re: B G Racing] #265102
04/02/09 01:36 PM
04/02/09 01:36 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U #265103
04/02/09 02:20 PM
04/02/09 02:20 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Well the Curt George Classic should be a blast..SSR and I am racing our similar 65'blue Coronets in a match race..Maybe we can have some more fun by having a few more racers enter the challange...NSS cars vary from car to car alot, that's why it is an index race...I think that is great it lets everything from entry level to high dollar cars...I'm sure BG,Fred and many others will agree with me that this is a much better class to run in than legal NHRA superstock...You talk about picking,try racing SS. There is the constant motor tear downs, being weighed every event, endless rule changes and restrictions, not to mention high entry fees and alot of travel..My point is most of these cars we run would have disappeared by now if it was not for NSS Lets have some fun this year and make it a record year for NSS with large turnouts to the events... poppaj

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U #265104
04/02/09 03:12 PM
04/02/09 03:12 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: smalltyredart67] #265105
04/02/09 09:17 PM
04/02/09 09:17 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

ha ha he called me jeffy boy,then it hit me "these are old guys tryin to feel like they still got it" my grandmother called me jeffy boy, and used analogies about ear lobes, she also listened to vaudville(splng) and never drove a car let alone a fast car. you have a lot in common with my dead grandma.
as far as me being a big dog, I personaly don't have a dog in this fight, but paul habura's name was brought up much earlier in this post and your hero doubted the car and the ability of it to run in the eights,let me tell you this:being that you you have hemi in your screen name I can deduce that paul has made more eight second passes than you have made nine second passes.
now I can play patty cake with you and your foster grandson on this post or you can agree to a race at a neutral trackand stop making excuses and dodging the BIG DOGS.
smalltyredart
jeff r

Well Jeffy,I sure hope you loved your gramma and sure I still have it,,,,,,,,,,if I could only find it can't remember where I left it!?Sure!!Let's play patty cake and have some steak Would sure like to see you and Paul at the CURT CLASSIC or at the BEAVER And since I'm chef of staff,you bring the burgers and I'm stuck cookin'

5138489-5-21-S6067.jpg (41 downloads)

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: hemi-itis] #265106
04/02/09 09:59 PM
04/02/09 09:59 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

smalltyredart
jeff r

Well Jeffy,I sure hope you loved your gramma and sure I still have it,,,,,,,,,,if I could only find it can't remember where I left it!?Sure!!Let's play patty cake and have some steak Would sure like to see you and Paul at the CURT CLASSIC or at the BEAVER And since I'm chef of staff,you bring the burgers and I'm stuck cookin'

you forgot about mr.joke the one with a 1/2 a ss car that will never be finished.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265107
04/02/09 10:33 PM
04/02/09 10:33 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

smalltyredart
jeff r

you forgot about mr.joke the one with a 1/2 a ss car that will never be finished.

NAAAAAA,did not forget "THE JOKE"He's spoutin' cause he just plain misses you SSR You should be very happy to have had that leach removed from from your,,errr,,aaaaahhhh,,upper legz.You were very good to him 'till you finally realized what you were dealin' with.You let him use the beach house for the cheeetin,took him out for nice sushi dinners and other kind things that you do for people you consider friends.What did you get in return.Nada,, ,,,Zilch,,, , ,,Zero So no mr JOKE,you cannot borrow the hemi valve covers

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: hemi-itis] #265108
04/02/09 10:34 PM
04/02/09 10:34 PM
IL.USA
T
tatrwedge Offline
tatrwedge  Offline
T

IL.USA
what does your blowen 63 run

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: tatrwedge] #265109
04/02/09 10:58 PM
04/02/09 10:58 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

what does your blowen 63 run

My street car goes 10'0's/teens @133/135 mph,13% underdriven with 4 lbs boost on pump juice and choked by a pair of 750's.would need a pair of dommies and 11/12 lbs to tap on the 8's.My friday night hangout is about 35 to 40 miles round trip.

5138847-IMG_1080.JPG (58 downloads)

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: smalltyredart67] #265110
04/02/09 11:06 PM
04/02/09 11:06 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265111
04/02/09 11:16 PM
04/02/09 11:16 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

smalltyredart
jeff r

some of us old guys still have it and know how to put it to use better than most young guys.

with HEMIFRED I FORGOT MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW.
i never doubted paul haburo's ride is real fast, just wanted to see it go.a vid or something to see apples to apples jeffy boy! im still not convinced we are dealing with nss cars no 14" tires allowed. not saying pauls car is not a 10.5 tire, i have no idea of what it looks like or have i ever seen it run.
my ride reains all original interior,dah,steering column and wheel and no alterations made to the rear wheel wells.
my new motor should be ready to go by june, and it will still be a true NSS car.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265112
04/02/09 11:39 PM
04/02/09 11:39 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Quote:

Quote:

my new motor should be ready to go by june, and it will still be a true NSS car.

Statements exactly like this insinuation are exactly what I, and I am sure others get tired of reading. Insinuating that only YOUR car is the heir apparent to the thrown of the fastest TRUE NSS car at your address or whatever it is supposed to be is the main issue. Your insinuation that the other cars here you poke at are pretenders or have false claim to the title is what rub folks the wrong way. You may be the nicest guy in the world but stuff like that is what rubs many the wrong way. I guess subtlety is a lost art on many these days.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265113
04/02/09 11:45 PM
04/02/09 11:45 PM
CHI-TOWN
REHBERGERRACING Offline
Redenbacher Racing
REHBERGERRACING  Offline
Redenbacher Racing

CHI-TOWN
I know the car & it's legal.