4x4 Roundup  Offline OP
super stock

Middle TN.
Originally Posted by smokes
Originally Posted by 4x4 Roundup
Originally Posted by smokes
Originally Posted by 4x4 Roundup
The one we have owned since new, built 10-27-78

The roundup package was fairly rare i believe...did you buy it new with the macho graphic tailgate ?

Bought the Macho tailgate decal thru the parts dept. and installed sometime within the first year of ownership. The rear bumper was originally silver/greyish. Painted it black to match decal.

I figured as much...I know there was not to much cross breeding between the various packages such as macho, roundup, palamino, denim, etc but I would not say it was impossible smile What all came in the roundup package exactly ? Also did you special order that package or was it on the lot and then you bought it ?

I did not order it. I had unexpectedly sold our previous family utility vehicle (a nice Bronco) and so I went to the Dodge dealership in our area that carried the most inventory and picked out what best fit my wants and needs and that one was it. Found out many years later when a collector explained the build sheet to me (I found 3) that the dealership had actually ordered two identical Trucks. Never have been able to find the other one nor documentation of it. As for the Roundup pkg., I have seen it on both narrow and wide beds and Ramchargers. From what I have been told they always have the decal and white spoke wheels. In this state at that time trucks were not required to have the typical factory window sticker, thus I have documentation of the Roundup pkg. but no breakdown of what it entails. Back at the time, there was more emphasis on how the H are we going to finish paying for this thing than what have I actually got here, if you know what I mean. grin

WANTED-- DEAD or ALIVE:
'70 Duster--- VS29H0B274908-----UPDATE---ENGINE BLOCK FOUND---Still looking for the B-5 car.
'79 Power Wagon W14JE9S137761 or 763
Re: All 3 of my '79s are 40 yrs. old now... [Re: 4x4 Roundup] #2652480
05/06/19 08:38 AM
05/06/19 08:38 AM

R
RWG75
Unregistered
RWG75
Unregistered
R

Last couple times I saw the roundup "package" discussed, the general opinion was that it was strictly a marketing thing and not actually an option package. Ya got the decal and some sort of special discount pricing and that was it. General idea being some kinda [end of model year] gimmick to get foot traffic in the dealership and current model year stuff off the lot.

It's Round Up time at your local white hat Dodge dealership!

Come on down for extra savings on specially marked vehicles!

Page 2 of 2 1 2