ontario, canada
C
cool_cuda Offline OP
enthusiast
cool_cuda  Offline OP
enthusiast
C

ontario, canada
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. It spring time here and i whent to start my Big block 70 swinger for the first time and it started put stalled after 20 seconds..

SO Me and my dad whent through the steps checked the resistor= Good switch the ECM=Nothing we got fuel but no spark ( we changed the coil with a other one and still nothing)It cant be an ignition switch cuz it starts from inside.

any help would be appriciated someone had to of had the same problem

Re: Help It wont start....and its nice out [Re: cool_cuda] #262732
03/23/09 09:31 AM
03/23/09 09:31 AM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
The ECU would be my 1st choice. Take the lead off of the coil negative terminal & w key on eng off take a jumper wire w 2 alligator clips & ground the coil negative terminal(not the wire you removed but the terminal on the coil that you removed the wire from) to ground, make & break it like you are doing morse code & see if you get a spark out of the coil to dist wire held 1/4" from a valve cover. If it sparks I would check that the ECU has a good ground & if so I would suspect the ECU as the culprit. If you now do have spark I'd take a spare dist & plug it in & twirl the shaft(also w key on eng off) & see if the coil wire 1/4" from ground has sparks, if so dist pickup is bad or reluctor gap is too large. Stay in touch get it running & enjoy the day. EDIT Check & see if your ballast has continuity & if the ballast and ecu have fire when the key is in "start".

Last edited by RapidRobert; 03/23/09 10:54 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Help It wont start....and its nice out [Re: RapidRobert] #262733
03/24/09 08:47 AM
03/24/09 08:47 AM
ontario, canada
C
cool_cuda Offline OP
enthusiast
cool_cuda  Offline OP
enthusiast
C

ontario, canada
Thanks for your help my dad and I reset the gap to .008" which is whats it suppose to be then put the old distributor in( we replaced it in the fall) then double grounded the ECM and She LIVES