07/04/18 11:22 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Originally Posted By madscientist
I ask the question to all who are bashing Evans coolant. Have you ever used it?

Let me help them out...

No. Hey haven’t

Ask about Evans in the racing and engine tech forum and you’ll get a completely different response. The guys who DO use it love the stuff. That’s why it’s in my build.

I’m listening.
Re: Evans Waterless Coolant [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2517762
07/04/18 11:56 PM
07/04/18 11:56 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Originally Posted By Big Bad Bee

Ask about Evans in the racing and engine tech forum and you’ll get a completely different response. The guys who DO use it love the stuff. That’s why it’s in my build.

Yeah, except a search of the forum doesn't agree with your claim.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: Evans Waterless Coolant [Re: Supercuda] #2517779
07/05/18 01:23 AM
07/05/18 01:23 AM
garnett kansas
rhad Offline
super stock
rhad  Offline
super stock

garnett kansas
so if evens is basically polypropylene glycol,isnt that the same stuff as rv antifreeze with maybe some waterpump lube added?,the rv stuff is less than 5$ a gallon last time i looked
or am i all wet?LOL

my ladder of success is missing some rungs
Re: Evans Waterless Coolant [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2517789
07/05/18 01:55 AM
07/05/18 01:55 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

Let me help them out...

No. Hey haven’t

I contemplated the use of this is a few fresh builds over the years, but I never pulled the trigger because I was hesitant of Evans claims, sure the race guys might swear by it, and the competition diesel rigs use it, but they're in a situation where the engine is torn down fully/partially after a few runs or season, so they haven't seen the long term effects of it in an engine, most of the real resto guys (screw Jay Leno) won't endorse it's use, in long term use (1-3 yrs)those that have used it in restos have experienced rapid corrosion problem with zinc plated components, and or copper based components, as well as an unusual amounts of leaks from fittings/gaskets/hose ends/etc, so Lindy your going to be the official Moparts guinea pig for the Evans challenge...we'll be waiting for feedback?... smile

Mike

Re: Evans Waterless Coolant [Re: DAYCLONA] #2517809
07/05/18 06:43 AM
07/05/18 06:43 AM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA

Let me help them out...

No. Hey haven’t

I contemplated the use of this is a few fresh builds over the years, but I never pulled the trigger because I was hesitant of Evans claims, sure the race guys might swear by it, and the competition diesel rigs use it, but they're in a situation where the engine is torn down fully/partially after a few runs or season, so they haven't seen the long term effects of it in an engine, most of the real resto guys (screw Jay Leno) won't endorse it's use, in long term use (1-3 yrs)those that have used it in restos have experienced rapid corrosion problem with zinc plated components, and or copper based components, as well as an unusual amounts of leaks from fittings/gaskets/hose ends/etc, so Lindy your going to be the official Moparts guinea pig for the Evans challenge...we'll be waiting for feedback?... smile

Mike

I guess I am, Mike! I’m invested. Oink!

I’ve talked to multiple guys who’ve run it long term that wouldn’t use anything else. I’ve benefited so much from the great advice from the guys (like you) on moparts over the years. You can bet I’ll be posting my results down the road. Some of the most valuable advice on here is in regard to what NOT to buy.

I’m listening.
Re: Evans Waterless Coolant [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2520132
07/10/18 06:59 PM
07/10/18 06:59 PM
D
dogdays Offline
I Live Here
dogdays  Offline
I Live Here
D

To the question about RV antifreeze, that is 50% propylene glycol, 50% water. BTW POLYpropylene glycol would be a solid as the poly means it has polymerized.
SIERRA antifreeze which is supposed to safe for dogs to drink is propylene glycol, plus rust inhibitors and seal lubricant. Here is its SDS.
https://www.peakhd.com/wp-content/upload...lant.pdf?x38462

Page 2 of 2 1 2