Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Headliner - Difference Between Legendary and Dante's? [Re: fastmark] #2350972
08/08/17 09:16 PM
08/08/17 09:16 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted By fastmark
My mistake is I assumed is was a legendary item in the first place.

That's often the problem when the customer doesn't verify exactly what they want, sometimes a vendor might be out of stock, rather than lose a sale, they substitute another mfg's line, or advertise a certain line early in business, then switch mfg's down the road and catalogs/websites don't get updated, or a myriad of reasons why you got grape juice instead of champagne, often the reason I go directly to the mfg, I don't need service with a smile or coddled conversation, just the parts that I paid for....

Re: Headliner - Difference Between Legendary and Dante's? [Re: RJS] #2350974
08/08/17 09:18 PM
08/08/17 09:18 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted By RJS
Originally Posted By CDN72SE
Hmm I just bought my headliner from Dante which is by REM, now I'm wondering about it.

Send it back, we have to boycott bad products until they are corrected.
Ron

Hopefully it's not something he bought "years" ago, most vendors have a time line on returns, defective or not...

FYI...REM headliners have sucked for the last 2 decades, little chance they're going to correct them any time soon

Re: Headliner - Difference Between Legendary and Dante's? [Re: Morty426] #2351257
08/09/17 12:10 PM
08/09/17 12:10 PM
Abilene, Texas
F
fastmark Offline
master
fastmark  Offline
master
F

Abilene, Texas
Well after lots of phone calls from Dante, it seams like three different manufactures all have the same demensions as the R.E.M. One I received. The one that came out of the customers car is just stretched out I guess. I've got to go back to the drawing board and do some measuring on my cars here at the shop before I will figure this one out. The bottom line is that bothe the R.E.M. One and the cheaper Legendary one are made the same deminsions and the same material. Dante says that the oem material is more pricy and harder to stretch.

Re: Headliner - Difference Between Legendary and Dante's? [Re: fastmark] #2351346
08/09/17 02:17 PM
08/09/17 02:17 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Well after lots of phone calls from Dante, it seams like three different manufactures all have the same demensions as the R.E.M. One I received. The one that came out of the customers car is just stretched out I guess. I've got to go back to the drawing board and do some measuring on my cars here at the shop before I will figure this one out. The bottom line is that bothe the R.E.M. One and the cheaper Legendary one are made the same deminsions and the same material. Dante says that the oem material is more pricy and harder to stretch.

I've installed the higher quality headliners from Legendary, never had an issue with stretching the mat'l, nor fit of the headliners in the following cars...

69-70 B body....actually was the easiest headliner I've ever fitted
68-70 Charger
70-74 E body 4 and 5 bow headliners
70 Superbird

Re: Headliner - Difference Between Legendary and Dante's? [Re: Morty426] #2351417
08/09/17 04:33 PM
08/09/17 04:33 PM
Abilene, Texas
F
fastmark Offline
master
fastmark  Offline
master
F

Abilene, Texas
All I've done are 70 e bodies. They were easy. Of coarse this 70 RR has the glass still in so it's harder. I'll figure it out.

Re: Headliner - Difference Between Legendary and Dante's? [Re: fastmark] #2353388
08/13/17 11:31 PM
08/13/17 11:31 PM
Troy,MI
S
Siba Offline
Siba  Offline
S

Troy,MI

I went through the same thing. Lots of pictures, phone calls, and e-mails with Dante. I sent my old headliner, the 1st R.E.M. headliner, and the second R.E.M. headliner directly to R.E.M. to help solve their issue. Sounds like it might still be an issue or you have old stock.

The headliner I purchased from Legendary matched my old headliner bow locations and fit like a glove. Dante sells Legendary but Legendary had it in stock so I just bought from them.

THey also told me I had to stretch the R.E.M. headliner, there was no way it was happening. It had the wrong dimensions. Purchase the better Legendary and you should be fine.

Top is the old, then Legendary, bottom two are R.E.M. Front bows match on the top two.

IMG_20150503_211212_422.jpg
Last edited by Siba; 08/13/17 11:44 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2