Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sad. Windshield Woes.... 84 Ram new windshield leaking. [Re: scratchnfotraction] #2259715
02/26/17 12:06 PM
02/26/17 12:06 PM
East Tennessee
B
Burkenator Offline
enthusiast
Burkenator  Offline
enthusiast
B

East Tennessee
Scratchn--

Thanks for the info. Now I finally figured out where the water drips in on my truck. The factory looks like it put some kind of seam sealer (not sure what type or brand) on the drip rail. Could this be scraped/sanded off and reapplied instead of welding the seam? May not be as good as a weld, but easier for us guys without some of the skills/tools that others have.

Re: Sad. Windshield Woes.... 84 Ram new windshield leaking. [Re: WyleECoyote] #2259799
02/26/17 02:07 PM
02/26/17 02:07 PM
Florida
S
scratchnfotraction Offline
I Live Here
scratchnfotraction  Offline
I Live Here
S

Florida
yes they use a body sealer. I wire wheeled/sand/grind it all out then did the repair/and resealed with paintable body seam sealer/primer/paint/clear

did the whole drip rail acroos the front down around door rail.

even did the thin parting line across the back of cab/roof line. looking back I wish I had welded up the cargo light hole. I going to have to use some type of sealer on my yellow truck.

when I sprayed the 85/91 cab, I did the area then installed the cargo light while wet. then kept brush filling it around the seal/cab and kinda glued it in with bed liner. no leaks on it as far as I can tell.

I will weld in a piece on the next cargo light cab I repair.

IIRC, another leaky spot is on the cowl top corner. have to remove fender to see where the metal is folded/rounded in to the cowl corner. they will crack and have a seam that can leak in that area also.

Page 2 of 2 1 2