Woodbridge
T
Tommy The Chryco Offline OP
super stock
Tommy The Chryco  Offline OP
super stock
T

Woodbridge
I purchased the complete set for my 68 barracuda and the outer door weather stripping is to short?

Fight the Good Fight- Elastomeric Bumpers and The Better "Shaker kits"
Re: anyone have problems with "cat wiskers" weather stripping [Re: Tommy The Chryco] #2229737
01/07/17 10:14 PM
01/07/17 10:14 PM
Georgia
69bfan Offline
enthusiast
69bfan  Offline
enthusiast

Georgia
First off, was it just one side that was incorrect or were both of the door outers wrong? It sounds as if the other pieces fit properly. I know that I have made a mistake when bagging the felts and put the wrong one in by mistake, so I would suggest that you reach out to the vendor that you purchased them from. We have sold hundreds of those kits and have not heard of that issue until now, so I am thinking that you unfortunately got a kit that was improperly packaged.

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com
Correct Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock and supply a wide assortment for all of your restoration needs.

www.dalescudashop.com
Correct style exhaust tips and hardware, fresh air seals, go wings, Cuda & Challenger rear window louvers, hood pin kits
Re: anyone have problems with "cat wiskers" weather stripping [Re: 69bfan] #2229761
01/07/17 10:47 PM
01/07/17 10:47 PM
Woodbridge
T
Tommy The Chryco Offline OP
super stock
Tommy The Chryco  Offline OP
super stock
T

Woodbridge
Originally Posted By 69bfan
First off, was it just one side that was incorrect or were both of the door outers wrong? It sounds as if the other pieces fit properly. I know that I have made a mistake when bagging the felts and put the wrong one in by mistake, so I would suggest that you reach out to the vendor that you purchased them from. We have sold hundreds of those kits and have not heard of that issue until now, so I am thinking that you unfortunately got a kit that was improperly packaged.

Unfortunately I have been collecting parts for this car for many years and had bought it a while back. Do they or would they just sell me the outer door pieces. Your correct everything else is fine.

Fight the Good Fight- Elastomeric Bumpers and The Better "Shaker kits"
Re: anyone have problems with "cat wiskers" weather stripping [Re: Tommy The Chryco] #2229814
01/07/17 11:56 PM
01/07/17 11:56 PM
Georgia
69bfan Offline
enthusiast
69bfan  Offline
enthusiast

Georgia
Do you happen to have the original packaging for the felts? There has been at least four to five different vendors in the past 25 years that I know of. The felts can be very accurate to barely usable. That is why I am asking for if you bought the rubber style that acts as a wiper blade and try to use the correct extrusion style, then they will not match up to the quarter felts and may not work properly with the inner felts as supplied in the kit. If you can post a picture of what you have, then it may be possible to help you with what you have. Just a close up of the profile would be all that would be needed. I will send you a private message.

Correct Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock and supply a wide assortment for all of your restoration needs.

www.dalescudashop.com
Correct style exhaust tips and hardware, fresh air seals, go wings, Cuda & Challenger rear window louvers, hood pin kits
Re: anyone have problems with "cat wiskers" weather stripping [Re: 69bfan] #2229817
01/07/17 11:58 PM
01/07/17 11:58 PM
Georgia
69bfan Offline
enthusiast
69bfan  Offline
enthusiast

Georgia
Went to send you a private message, but it appears that your mailbox is full.

www.dalescudashop.com
Re: anyone have problems with "cat wiskers" weather stripping [Re: Tommy The Chryco] #2229909
01/08/17 10:38 AM
01/08/17 10:38 AM
ohio
R
ruderunner Offline
master
ruderunner  Offline
master
R

ohio
Not sure on this but iirc B body cars had a separate extension piece covering the divider bar between door glass and quarter glass.

A bodies too?

Angry white pureblood male
Re: anyone have problems with "cat wiskers" weather stripping [Re: Tommy The Chryco] #2229957
01/08/17 12:38 PM
01/08/17 12:38 PM
Georgia
69bfan Offline
enthusiast
69bfan  Offline
enthusiast

Georgia
If your talking about a 68 to 70 B-Body hardtop, they used a small piece of flocked rubber known as the door end plug and it is not included in the felt kits for those cars. Hardtop Dodge's and Plymouth's except for Chargers use the same extrusion.

www.dalescudashop.com
Re: anyone have problems with "cat wiskers" weather stripping [Re: Tommy The Chryco] #2230319
01/08/17 08:21 PM
01/08/17 08:21 PM
Georgia
69bfan Offline
enthusiast
69bfan  Offline
enthusiast

Georgia
Check your inbox Crycho for the correct length for the outer felts for the doors. Can you measure the incorrect ones for the length? Thanks

www.dalescudashop.com