Florida
M
mopar346 Offline
Let me tell ya about fat chicks!
mopar346  Offline
Let me tell ya about fat chicks!
M

Florida
Some of the earlier post were a little more telling about intent I think. There was one statement about "options I know it had and ones I think it had" or maybe might have had but it indicated some gray area. I think his desire to document is correct and needed just not sure the need for a tag that looks close to legit, but of course all mine have tags so what do I know.

Careful, your character's showing!
Re: Missing Fender Tags options??? [Re: flypaper] #2228535
01/06/17 12:36 PM
01/06/17 12:36 PM
Massachusetts
N
NortheastMopar Offline OP
pro stock
NortheastMopar  Offline OP
pro stock
N

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By flypaper
Calling me out now..lol
You have lots to learn grasshopper
People can spot a fake tags pretty easy
If you know what to look for
and anything you create will be easy to spot
With your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject and rantings about it.
you can argue all you like
But it's about the money to you
Your talk of value gives you away...
why can't you just say your concerned about value
Because you dumped a boatload of loot into a resto?
I would believe you a lot more then
Some historical bullion. .
This is the reason I deleted my post. First off, I am not a grasshopper. I don't let my grown children speak to me like this so why should I let some stranger do it without responding. Second, I don't like the way this fool continues to use the phrase FAKE tag. I always stated my question was based on the fact that Datatags told me they could make me a tag and because L.A. cars seem to have no build sheets I was trying to historically capture as much of the cars history as possible. I don't like him saying it is all about the money for me, as if to say I would create a FAKE tag to screw somebody. My talk of value is no different than anybody else that chimed in here except for him. As long as he can guess what my thinking is, I will have to guess and say he is jealous and I have not seen him post anywhere anything about his cars. Lots of posts on PARTS but no cars. Finally, the FACT is my Son who I spent many hours with restoring other cars when he was a young BOY, came to me when he was in High School with a craigslist ad for this car way back in 1993. We together went down and looked at and bought this car for a whopping $1500.00 CASH. My son then went on to college and is now a Mechanical Engineer and he is just now getting back to this car which is sitting in his garage. He asked me to see if I could chase the guy down we bought the car from. That person was in the military and when they close the base up here, he had to sell the car as it was all apart. So trying to find him was a no go for me. I called the DMV in the state the car came from and they said they have no knowledge in their database for this car because it was last registered in 1989. Fortunately, right after my son bought the car, we did do our due diligence and had the car titled in his name, which makes him the free and clear owner anyway. So now we are getting back to it and he said to me, gee dad it is too bad we didn't press that guy on the fender tags which he told us he had but could not find. Then he mentioned how we photographed the car in its present state and maybe we could make a REPRODUCTION tag to capture the historical value of this car. He even mentioned that some of the options may be unknown and how can we handle that. That is why I posted what I did. Now not only did this fellow MOPARTS enthusiast insult me, but he also insulted my Son who I asked the question for. So, if I can say, this site is suppose to be a place where folks can come to exchange ideas and help one another with things that they may not totally understand. It is not suppose to be where you make a smart remark like "you have a lot to learn grasshopper". I guess if somebody says that to me, then I (I would think) should be able to call them out and call them a PUNK, with no objections from anyone here. Because if you agree with his words, then how can you disagree with mine. Furthermore, we build these cars ourselves as a hobby. We do the body, paint, electrical, mechamical and every other aspect of them. It usually takes us about 5 years to do one. And as stated before, we do not spend a lot of money because our labor is free. And Yes, my Son does make six figures as a mechanical engineer, so to say we are making a (FAKE) tag to gain monetary value is a direct insult here. I am a woodworker and take tens of thousands of dollars from people to work for them. I too, do not need to make a FAKE tag to try and screw someone. Personally, as long as he can judge me and my Son and what we are thinking, then I think the only person who would actually do something like this is the SAME person who is making it sound like he is a SAINT and it is ME causing the problem. And for anyone who doubts a MARINE crying because of name calling, I say to you, read the posts closely and see that this goes beyond name calling to actually accusing me of making FAKE tags when I asked about Reproductions. So YES, as a MARINE I will always defend my INTEGRITY as a human being and go on the attack when what appears to be a childish idiot wants to do WHAT??? Make himself feel good. Sorry for the rant, but folks should open their eyes and see things for what they are. This kind of stuff does not belong on this site.

Re: Missing Fender Tags options??? [Re: NortheastMopar] #2228536
01/06/17 12:38 PM
01/06/17 12:38 PM
Marysville, O-H-I-O
70Cuda383 Offline
Too Many Posts
70Cuda383  Offline
Too Many Posts

Marysville, O-H-I-O
I'm locking this since the original poster went through and edited all his posts rolleyes

**Photobucket sucks**
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4