S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Guess I forgot everyone here is perfect, never done anything wrong, nor made a mistake......my bad!!!

So, when you do that to a customers car... What do you tell them?
"I always put plugs in the carb/throttle body, oopsie, sorry about your engine.
I'd like to get paid now."

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218396
12/21/16 02:57 PM
12/21/16 02:57 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
I am not hung up on these guys at all. Some happen to be customers and many here seem to like the information. You guys talk all you want, I could care less and usually only interject when asked a question, OR someone posts information I KNOW not to be true. Other than that, I don't care if you like the guys, the show, nor care what you say. I admitted James does stuff wrong all the time and so do the others at times. We ALL have done stupid stuff, including you. That was pointed out. Yet you CAN'T let it go, you keep harping on how stupid it was. Just like you can't let ANYTHING go. We GET it. It was dumb, he hurt his motor. Dave has burned more motors up than anybody out there, makes a comment and you think that's great. Then this last comment, you decide to make it personal towards me. Care for me to tell you what you can do with that?...........or do you think you can figure that out?

YOU need the chill pill. You and a couple others are just so intent on arguing with me about things..........it's simply amazing

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 12/21/16 03:12 PM.
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #2218398
12/21/16 02:59 PM
12/21/16 02:59 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Guess I forgot everyone here is perfect, never done anything wrong, nor made a mistake......my bad!!!

I wouldn't know, because I have never left a plug in a carb or throttle body and sucked it through the motor

I LOVE this site. We have "World Class" haters here, no amateurs. Some of you guys need to go over to Yellow Bullet and join in. I think you could hold your own.......LOL!!!! Wow

Guy hurts his motor, makes a stupid mistake and some here just go on and on and on and on about it. And then jump on the ones trying to steer it another way. Gee, can't imagine why lots of people no longer post here..........see above paragraph in case you are not clear why.

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 12/21/16 03:06 PM.
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Monte_Smith] #2218400
12/21/16 03:06 PM
12/21/16 03:06 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline OP
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline OP
"Little"John

PA.
I admitted he does stuff wrong all the time and so do the others. We ALL have done stupid stuff, including you. That was pointed out. Yet you CAN'T let it go, you keep harping on how stupid it was. Just like you can't let ANYTHING go. We GET it. It was dumb, he hurt his motor. Dave has burned more motors up than anybody out there, makes a comment and you think that's great. Then this last comment, you decide to make it personal towards me. Care for me to tell you what you can do with that?...........or do you think you can figure that out?

I don't let things go. Lol. How about you??? You repeat your thoughts over and over again repeatedly. Thank God you do have a following that think everything you say is gospel. Example being the rearend post. I love ford 9 inch rearends to but a Dana will work for many on this site with zero issues

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Monte_Smith] #2218405
12/21/16 03:17 PM
12/21/16 03:17 PM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
G

I wouldn't know, because I have never left a plug in a carb or throttle body and sucked it through the motor

I LOVE this site. We have "World Class" haters here, no amateurs. Some of you guys need to go over to Yellow Bullet and join in. I think you could hold your own.......LOL!!!! Wow

Guy hurts his motor, makes a stupid mistake and some here just go on and on and on and on about it. And then jump on the ones trying to steer it another way. Gee, can't imagine why lots of people no longer post here..........see above paragraph in case you are not clear why.

Look Monte, you're a smart guy with a lot of knowledge, not disputing that and a lot of guys look up to you and that is fine too. So when you say stuff like "That's the way we do it..." other guys may think it's ok for them to do it too. You were defending the practice. All I'm trying to do is point out that it is not a "best practices" way of doing it. Maybe you could just agree with that and be done with it. I'm not a hater but not a fanboy either. I hate seeing anyone suffer that kind of hit so I was just trying to save someone else the misery.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218406
12/21/16 03:18 PM
12/21/16 03:18 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Uhhhh, you realize the guy that STARTED the rear end post specifically titled it "help me build a 9"? So he WANTED a 9", not for people to tell him why he should build a dana. So I agreed with him and I also get criticized for that. Hmmm...........tough crowd

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Guitar Jones] #2218413
12/21/16 03:30 PM
12/21/16 03:30 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By Guitar Jones

Look Monte, you're a smart guy with a lot of knowledge, not disputing that and a lot of guys look up to you and that is fine too. So when you say stuff like "That's the way we do it..." other guys may think it's ok for them to do it too. You were defending the practice. All I'm trying to do is point out that it is not a "best practices" way of doing it. Maybe you could just agree with that and be done with it. I'm not a hater but not a fanboy either. I hate seeing anyone suffer that kind of hit so I was just trying to save someone else the misery.
But if you look, I never defended it, I just said that was the way most nitrous racers had always done it. Some were asking "how could he be so stupid". Doubt many would think it's stupid to put plugs in boosters and it's done all the time. They are easy to see and they can't fall in. The point was, if you have ALWAYS done it like that and now you have this new EFI motor. You take the plugs out and think, "no booster, where do I put them" so you lay them in the throttle body. You think maybe you should build a rack, but then you also think you will never forget one.............And lets also remember, James is NOT the one who forgot about the plugs, it was new help. Had HE seen James do that? probably. I am sure we ALL do things we wouldn't actually suggest others do. So why do WE do it......because we always have, it's part of our routine and has never caused an issue. So before you laugh at others, call them stupid, whatever, think about routine things that maybe YOU do that others would think are stupid

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218421
12/21/16 03:38 PM
12/21/16 03:38 PM
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Guitar Jones  Offline
G

But if you look, I never defended it, I just said that was the way most nitrous racers had always done it. Some were asking "how could he be so stupid". Doubt many would think it's stupid to put plugs in boosters and it's done all the time. They are easy to see and they can't fall in. The point was, if you have ALWAYS done it like that and now you have this new EFI motor. You take the plugs out and think, "no booster, where do I put them" so you lay them in the throttle body. You think maybe you should build a rack, but then you also think you will never forget one.............And lets also remember, James is NOT the one who forgot about the plugs, it was new help. Had HE seen James do that? probably. I am sure we ALL do things we wouldn't actually suggest others do. So why do WE do it......because we always have, it's part of our routine and has never caused an issue. So before you laugh at others, call them stupid, whatever, think about routine things that maybe YOU do that others would think are stupid.

You mean like getting married and divorced 5 times? realcrazy

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218425
12/21/16 03:48 PM
12/21/16 03:48 PM
-
R
RSNOMO Offline
Moparts Torchbearer
RSNOMO  Offline
Moparts Torchbearer
R

-
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Thank God you do have a following that think everything you say is gospel.

Now THERE'S some Gospel...

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Guitar Jones] #2218426
12/21/16 03:50 PM
12/21/16 03:50 PM
NY
challenger451ci Offline
enthusiast
challenger451ci  Offline
enthusiast

NY
On a lighter note.....Monza driving around the turbo cars, that's some MUST SEE TV right there!

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: challenger451ci] #2218440
12/21/16 04:12 PM
12/21/16 04:12 PM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
monte, i, for one greatly appreciate your input and perspective. these pissing matches are why i don't hang here much any more. basic psychology, really. "i say you did a dumb thing, therefore i am superior". what ever. i enjoy the info you provide. everyone does stupid stuff, it's human. sheesh. i like the show. the guys are characters. the cars are badass. the end.

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218447
12/21/16 04:28 PM
12/21/16 04:28 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Let's keep the personal stuff to a minimum here folks. Oh and I've done plenty of stupid things. I'll just cross the possibility of dropping a spark plug in my motor off the list.

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Monte_Smith] #2218453
12/21/16 04:48 PM
12/21/16 04:48 PM
Mt.Gilead, Ohio
OhioMopar Offline
master
OhioMopar  Offline
master

Mt.Gilead, Ohio
Uhhhh, you realize the guy that STARTED the rear end post specifically titled it "help me build a 9"? So he WANTED a 9", not for people to tell him why he should build a dana. So I agreed with him and I also get criticized for that. Hmmm...........tough crowd

You know it ruins the argument when you bring facts into it, right? What are you thinking?

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: OhioMopar] #2218479
12/21/16 05:46 PM
12/21/16 05:46 PM
Wichita
G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita
Originally Posted By OhioMopar

You know it ruins the argument when you bring facts into it, right? What are you thinking?

LMAO!

Facts, who needs 'em. laugh2

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218488
12/21/16 06:13 PM
12/21/16 06:13 PM
New Smyrna Beach FL
S
scottb Offline
pro stock
scottb  Offline
pro stock
S

New Smyrna Beach FL
This is why there have been so many engine builders chassis builders have said screw it im not going to keep posting over here just to be made out like I'm stupid just look at the board now if it was not for guys like Monte Brett Miller teaching us about the things they know best we would all be stuck in the 80s

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: GY3] #2218491
12/21/16 06:17 PM
12/21/16 06:17 PM
North Carolina
sasquatch Offline
master
sasquatch  Offline
master

North Carolina
Yes
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not there own facts......I to thought Monza driving around Lutz was pretty bad [censored]. hey it is TV SHOW about drag racing.......just be happy it is not about making moonshine, digging ginsang, remodeling your kitchen, or hunting pirate treasure that most likely does not exist.
As far as reaper goes I truly hate it for him. That motor was big coin and racing is hard enough. I really hate it for the guy that has to fix it quick so he can get back out there........Todd

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Monte_Smith] #2218500
12/21/16 06:35 PM
12/21/16 06:35 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio

It's a good thing you have thick skin Monte cuz we sure like having you here. You might have a few small battles on this site but there's ALOT of guys that post here or lurk here that take in your knowledge daily.
I remember when I got chastised here for complaining about all the cars on PassTime that say they have 850HP and lay down a high 10 second pass lol.

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218511
12/21/16 06:53 PM
12/21/16 06:53 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
I generally only try to post on things I have a bit of experience in. I don't post crap just for the hell of it. I have been here for 12 years and have around 6700 posts. That equals out to about 1.5 posts per day for 12 years. That hardly equals just putting my 2 cents in a bunch of topics. So if I post, it's generally something I have tried and know works, or it's an area I have decent knowledge in, or know I have FACTS. Am I set in my ways and how I like to do things? you betcha, but that's because I have been doing this stuff a long time and have as such tried a LOT of different things and different approaches.

I have worked in a professional engine shop as a machinist, an assembler, as well as the one who cooked up the combos. I owned a chassis shop where we did simple bar installs to turn key Pro Mods. I have driven everything from bracket cars, to stockers, to alky funny cars. I have tuned small tire, big tire and radial tired cars to world championships in various organizations. My job and years of doing it has allowed me the opportunity to gain experience in many different areas that most don't get a chance to. So yeah, I am pretty firm in my ideas and don't apologize for it.........but am always learning and willing to listen to someone who thinks they know better. Convince me your way is better and I will gladly see it your way, but don't get mad and personal because I DON'T see it your way. I am NEVER the first to make it personal, but will damn sure retaliate when someone chooses to make it so

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218513
12/21/16 06:55 PM
12/21/16 06:55 PM
San Diego CA
65 Hemi Offline
super stock
65 Hemi  Offline
super stock

San Diego CA

BINGO!!!!!!!!! And I can't believe Monte says he does this too. As soon as my hood comes off the race car a clean rags goes over the carb to prevent things like this from happening. And unless I'm working on the carb the rag stays there till the job is finished. Why would ANYONE purposely put something in or on a carb or throttle body BEGGING for something bad to happen. [/quote]
I seen rags hold the throttle open or catch fire. You may want to invest in one of these. This sport is to difficult and I don't want to see anything bad happen to anybody!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moroso-Carburetor-Cap-Dust-Cover-for-4500-Dominator-Carbs-7-5-16-Neck-65803-/111791544255?hash=item1a074b97bf:g:lCIAAOSwQJhUifc4&vxp=mtr

Doug

MOPAR or NO CAR!!!
1965 Dodge Coronet soon a 6.1 Hemi with a Magnson blower 810 hp on pump gas
1964 Dodge Polara 582" Indy alum Block 426-1RA heads,
1933 Plymouth PE all Steel, LT1 4L60E
1959 Plymouth Savoy 33,000 mile survivor
Old cars are never done. They are ongoing projects!
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2218516
12/21/16 06:57 PM
12/21/16 06:57 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Heck, it's a Chevy engine, who cares. Hope they all do it, end of show.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7