11/23/16 10:12 PM
11/23/16 10:12 PM
Florida
I
Interceptor72 Offline OP
Interceptor72  Offline OP
I

Florida
Ordered this a month ago from Summit Racing, and finally received it today.
What a let down frown

Opened the box and the first thing I see is that the throttle body unit is all scratched up and dirty black grease smeared on it in places. Looks like somebody dragged the bottom of it across some mounting studs, but probably not bad enough to ruin the seal. So I am thinking that maybe they test run them first, but why the dirty grease? Wouldn't they do this in a 'clean' environment?

Then I look underneath the foam padding for the rest of the parts and there are no wiring harnesses. I stopped looking right there to see what other parts are missing because you can't do a damn thing with it without the wiring harness.

So I call Summit and they claim it must have come from Holley that way because they haven't had any returns recently that could have accidentally been resent to me. And I believe that is true because the box did not look like it had been re-taped.

And Summit says it will be another month before they can send another one, so I just canceled my order for a refund.

What the heck, Holley? If you are going to send out returns as if they are new, could you at least wipe the grease off of them and make sure that the major parts are still in the box?

Sorry but I had to vent.

Last edited by Interceptor72; 11/23/16 10:14 PM.
Re: Holley Sniper EFI [Re: Interceptor72] #2201479
11/23/16 10:34 PM
11/23/16 10:34 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
That sucks.. my Holley HP unit was nice.. all
the parts with it... but I am having a issue
with it but I hope to have that figured out in
the spring
wave

IMG_0035.JPG
Re: Holley Sniper EFI [Re: Interceptor72] #2201565
11/24/16 12:40 AM
11/24/16 12:40 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By Interceptor72
Ordered this a month ago from Summit Racing, and finally received it today.
What a let down frown

Opened the box and the first thing I see is that the throttle body unit is all scratched up and dirty black grease smeared on it in places. Looks like somebody dragged the bottom of it across some mounting studs, but probably not bad enough to ruin the seal. So I am thinking that maybe they test run them first, but why the dirty grease? Wouldn't they do this in a 'clean' environment?

Then I look underneath the foam padding for the rest of the parts and there are no wiring harnesses. I stopped looking right there to see what other parts are missing because you can't do a damn thing with it without the wiring harness.

So I call Summit and they claim it must have come from Holley that way because they haven't had any returns recently that could have accidentally been resent to me. And I believe that is true because the box did not look like it had been re-taped.

And Summit says it will be another month before they can send another one, so I just canceled my order for a refund.

What the heck, Holley? If you are going to send out returns as if they are new, could you at least wipe the grease off of them and make sure that the major parts are still in the box?

Sorry but I had to vent.

Can about guarantee you it didn't come from Holley that way. 99.99% of our returns are sold on Ebay. We have a guy that returns and sales are his job. Will also tell you that the majority of our returns from Jegs and Summit are things people ordered to rob a part from. Guys lose or wreck a part, order another kit, rob the part and then return to Jegs or Summit. My GUESS and this is strictly a guess it that somebody hacked their harness, ordered another, swiped the harness and sent it back to Summit. Happens everyday. Also, while each unit is flow tested, it is done on a flow stand. So if that unit looked to have been installed........it WAS.

Re: Holley Sniper EFI [Re: Interceptor72] #2201605
11/24/16 01:26 AM
11/24/16 01:26 AM
Florida
I
Interceptor72 Offline OP
I

Florida
I take you at your word, but I will also say this:
The Summit customer service rep said that sometimes returns get sent back out to other customers 'by accident' (she meant by Summit, not by Holley), but that they hadn't received any returns to that warehouse (Ohio) so that wasn't possible in this case.
Also, the box does not look like any tape had been removed or cut and then re-taped.
Who knows, maybe it was somebody at the Summit warehouse who 'borrowed' it and played around with it and kept the wiring harness, but it can't be a customer return if Summit hasn't received any returns on the product yet(according to their computer database.)

Either way I'm SOL because I have a rebuilt motor that needs an induction system...i.e. it's currently not running and won't be until I either get a carb or EFI on there. I have a couple of events I wanted to participate in during early December, and waiting another month for another SNiper system isn't going to work for me.
I've already been waiting for a month for this thing.
So now I am going to have to re-plumb it for a carb that I have sitting on the shelf, and once that's done, I guess that's just how it's going to stay.
My EFI hopes have been dashed...

Re: Holley Sniper EFI [Re: Interceptor72] #2201642
11/24/16 02:31 AM
11/24/16 02:31 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
I could likely have you a Sniper kit in a couple days

Re: Holley Sniper EFI [Re: Interceptor72] #2201726
11/24/16 12:32 PM
11/24/16 12:32 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
when are the high hp units going to hit the market ?

Re: Holley Sniper EFI [Re: Monte_Smith] #2201739
11/24/16 12:46 PM
11/24/16 12:46 PM
Florida
I
Interceptor72 Offline OP
I

Florida
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

Thank you. That would be a huge help. Just tell me what I need t do.
Sending you a PM...

Re: Holley Sniper EFI [Re: Interceptor72] #2201744
11/24/16 12:49 PM
11/24/16 12:49 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Originally Posted By Interceptor72
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

Thank you. That would be a huge help. Just tell me what I need t do.
Sending you a PM...

I went through Monte to get my HP unit.. he helped
me out on what I would need and what I didnt
wave