10/25/16 10:26 PM
10/25/16 10:26 PM
back in Georgia
dthemi Offline OP
master
dthemi  Offline OP
master

back in Georgia
Just thought I'd share this with you guys. I'm sure there are many better ways to do this, but after much frustration, this is what I did.

I have a sportsman DRE diaper for my 66 belvedere. Trying to use the header bolt webbing stays on a predator just really doesn't work out on my car. either the diaper is trapped around the starter, or the stay has to be too far forward, or back. Then the issues of tight header clearance using the stays, as they tend to hold the diaper towards the headers.

My final solution to the diaper question was to take 2 long pieces of tubular 1" webbing, one for the front, and one for the back. I ran the back webbing over the back of the block between the trans shield and the heads so that the webbing is laying flat on the back of the block with the ends hanging down on either side. I did the same on the front, laying the webbing between the motor plate, and the heads. Now there are 4 straps hanging down. The I hooked up the diaper and cinched it down tight. The straps being flat against the block kept it off the headers better, and let me pull it all up double tight.

I'd love to hear your own diaper stories.

The blue webbing over the back of the block, and the green in the front. Hope that makes it more clear. Lets me pull the sides way up the sides of the block. I hope I never need it, but I think the higher it can be up the block the better.

Last edited by dthemi; 10/26/16 01:08 AM. Reason: adding pics
Re: Diaper in full B body [Re: dthemi] #2182601
10/25/16 11:10 PM
10/25/16 11:10 PM
Parts unknown
590 Challenger Offline
mopar
590 Challenger  Offline
mopar

Parts unknown
I have a hard time picturing what you did. I was frustrated myself. Straps were a serious pain to work with. I welded some pegs on my oil pan. I bought brass grommets for a few bucks at Lowes. I cut off the extra, puls nice and tight, two big zip ties on the front to take up slack. Nothing in the way of headers, I can pull the clips and have it off in 30 seconds if I try.

Re: Diaper in full B body [Re: dthemi] #2182806
10/26/16 06:01 AM
10/26/16 06:01 AM
Cotati, CA
Dave Hall Offline
top fuel
Dave Hall  Offline
top fuel

Cotati, CA
dtHemi! Nice job on the straps! Should work great. Better than burning up those header straps. 590! Nice work on the pan but if the block gets a window???