06/16/16 12:38 AM
06/16/16 12:38 AM
Michigan
Whitey Nocar Offline OP
mopar
Whitey Nocar  Offline OP
mopar

Michigan
if the driver side power sliding rear door is open and you close it by pressing the button and then open your fuel door, does yours not close all the way and open back up?

This happened to me at the gas pump, and I didn't realize until it opened up, bumped and shut the fuel door and rolled over the gas cap that was hanging on the tether. Well, there is not enough room between the door and body for the gas cap and left a small impression on the quarter panel...aka a dent.

When I got home I tried the same thing in the driveway and sure enough, if I just opened the fuel door, the sliding door wouldn't latch all the way and just before it should latch it reopened. Several times. If I didn't open the fuel door it closed and latched just fine.

I was hoping a few people would try this so I would know if my wife's van is goofy or what... Seems like Chrysler should fix the dent due to moronic engineering... Or because this one is programmed wrong?

The dent is hardly noticeable, but this is a lease and Chrysler Capital loves to charge for every little imperfection when you turn it in.

Let me know if yours does the same, and if so, be careful at the pump.

Re: If you have 2016 town and country, try this [Re: Whitey Nocar] #2093246
06/16/16 11:42 PM
06/16/16 11:42 PM
ST clair shores MI
M
moretoys Offline
top fuel
moretoys  Offline
top fuel
M

ST clair shores MI
the fuel door has a linkage that goes to the latch on the body, you opened the fuel door and prevented the door from being able to latch,It activated the pinch sensor,the sliding door designed to open for that reason. the linkage is to prevent the sliding door from opening when the fuel door is open. your door couldn't close because it was locked out. should have waited a couple seconds more.I don't know how you scenario could be prevent?