mopar
ts racer  Offline OP
mopar
T

land of the free

426 Hemi Dick Landy Pro-Stock Dart
View Extra Large Photos
$850,000.00
The best and most valuable car that Dick Landy owned was his 73-74 Dart Sport Pro-Stocker. This car won the AHRA championship,the only existing championship car that Landy ever owned. He raced this car for over three years, more than any of his other cars. It is correctly and beautifully restored to as raced condition. It is a very well known car that was never altered or hacked up. At the last major event that Landy appeared, Carlisle 06, he again verified this car and personally autographed it to me.

Reluctantly this historically significant championship 'Landy Dart' needs to go to a better and more deserving collection. The asking price is $850,000. I will consider offers and trades. Not withstanding the state of the economy this is a million dollar car. There is only one. This is not just 'a' pro-stock Dart,this is 'the' Dick Landy Dart. It's like trying to compare a paint by numbers portrait to the Mona Lisa. Get it? If you could only have one high dollar car, the best of the best, this is it. If you already have a super collection with several one of a kind cars and want to add yet another conerstone then this is it. I can also help you assemble a collection and advise on such. I have 50 years experience in organized drag racing and have been collecting for over 35 years. I am now liquidating a significant portion of this collection. You can call my cell between 10 AM and 8 Pm eastern time. 240 375 4329.

Landy built 2 nearly identical Dart Sports in 1973. Both were Kent Fuller chassied, one for Dandy Dick himself, and the other for 'Soapy Sales' Larry Huff. Dick won the 73 AHRA championship with the first car then totally destroyed it in a racing accident. This forced him to buy back the other car from Huff, add the updates from the first car and then go on to win the 74 AHRA championship. This was the last car that Dick raced. It was campaigned into the late seventies.

Dick Landy built thousands of race winning and record setting engines.Landy himself won hundreds of races with his various cars and set many national records along the way. He
owned several very familiar cars over the years, most of which he drove and some that he didn't. Along with the Sox and Martin team, he ran the clinics in the 60s and 70s for Chrysler. He was 'the West Coast' Chrysler team. He was a true icon and pioneer of our sport. During the formative years of super stock,from 62 to 70, which evolved into Pro-Stock and Funny Car, there were only a few standout and dominate teams. All first tier Drag Race collections have at least one of these cars. Landy is on that list along with Dyno, Arnie, Grump,Sox,Ramchargers,etc. The cars of these famous guys are then broken down from the best to just ho-hum. This is the best Landy car, a first tier car from a first tier icon,that brings any collection into first tier territory. There are only three Landy cars that are not already in a super collection. The other two were never driven by Dick Landy himself. This is the best of the best of the best. Period.

Seller Phone Number: 240 375 4329

Re: Check the price out... [Re: ts racer] #206772
01/28/09 01:26 PM
01/28/09 01:26 PM
Finally a HUSKER again
Moparnut426 Offline
I Live Here
Moparnut426  Offline
I Live Here

Finally a HUSKER again
Thats FREEKIN NUTS!!!!!

Some people are

Re: Check the price out... [Re: ts racer] #206773
01/28/09 01:27 PM
01/28/09 01:27 PM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
Where's my check book

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Check the price out... [Re: BloFish] #206774
01/28/09 01:30 PM
01/28/09 01:30 PM
land of the free
T
ts racer Offline OP