02/17/16 04:34 PM
02/17/16 04:34 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline OP
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline OP
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
I ordered a set of B wing window frames from Tony's and they are on the way. Anyone here using them? If it hasn't been done I'll shoot photos and document the parts and process.

I’m listening.
Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kit [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2014152
02/17/16 08:01 PM
02/17/16 08:01 PM
bethlehem pa
M
mikemee1331 Offline
master
mikemee1331  Offline
master
M

bethlehem pa
Originally Posted By Big Bad Bee
I ordered a set of B wing window frames from Tony's and they are on the way. Anyone here using them? If it hasn't been done I'll shoot photos and document the parts and process.

please do! drinking

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kit [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2014157
02/17/16 08:06 PM
02/17/16 08:06 PM
jersey shore
F
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas
flypaper  Offline
I hate Texas
F

jersey shore
its been done long ago when they first came out.
the only negative that i have heard is
glass doesn't fit perfect,some have glued glass into frame
for a better fit.

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kit [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2014361
02/18/16 12:47 AM
02/18/16 12:47 AM
North EAST
S
seventy Offline
seventy  Offline
S

North EAST
I was going to buy a set but 2 people who used them talked me out of it... One said the glass wouldnt set in correctly when closed, and the other said he had to tamper with the hole in his glass to get the pivot to meet up...

I ended up grabbing a good set of cores for $50 and sending them for chrome for $450, so for $500 I know they will fit...

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: seventy] #2014502
02/18/16 05:31 AM
02/18/16 05:31 AM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline OP
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline OP
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Originally Posted By seventy
I was going to buy a set but 2 people who used them talked me out of it... One said the glass wouldnt set in correctly when closed, and the other said he had to tamper with the hole in his glass to get the pivot to meet up...

I ended up grabbing a good set of cores for $50 and sending them for chrome for $450, so for $500 I know they will fit...

Well I appreciate your honesty. I hope they aren't a $580 disappointment we shall see. I looked into chrome plating my good cores but it was going to be $650 and 6 weeks so I went with new. It will be interesting to set them side by side with my originals. I'll report back here with my progress, and hope it was a good purchase.

I’m listening.
Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2014738
02/18/16 04:35 PM
02/18/16 04:35 PM
South Dakota
hotairballoonpilot Offline
master
hotairballoonpilot  Offline
master

South Dakota
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT try to hammer the stud over like the factory did. They have to be epoxy glued and clamped together. Lesson learned on my part on the 69 bee i am doing. Metal is soft enough that there is a bump now where the stud was pushed out. It mushroomed over the stud fine just screwed up the outside a little bit. enough that we bought another set to replace that one. Can't buy them separate and there was no instructions in the box not to do it that way. We got them from Classic. I called Tony and asked him whats up and he pointed that there is link on his web site showing process. Expensive opps but we now have a set to sell with a flaw in one. We will get ours friday and then time to reassemble them but they did look very nice.

http://www.tonysparts.com/documents/BBodyVentWindowAssemblyInstructions.pdf

corey

Last edited by hotairballoonpilot; 02/18/16 04:37 PM.

Contact Me about AMD Prices
Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #2015173
02/19/16 01:43 AM
02/19/16 01:43 AM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Online content
I Live Here
TJP  Online Content
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted By hotairballoonpilot
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT try to hammer the stud over like the factory did. They have to be epoxy glued and clamped together. Lesson learned on my part on the 69 bee i am doing. Metal is soft enough that there is a bump now where the stud was pushed out. It mushroomed over the stud fine just screwed up the outside a little bit. enough that we bought another set to replace that one. Can't buy them separate and there was no instructions in the box not to do it that way. We got them from Classic. I called Tony and asked him whats up and he pointed that there is link on his web site showing process. Expensive opps but we now have a set to sell with a flaw in one. We will get ours friday and then time to reassemble them but they did look very nice.

corey

iagree iagree iagree

Long, EXPENSIVE story,
But hey, I have one or two lefts without UHH installation flaws, and one or two rights with Minor issues.
LOL whistling

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #2015253
02/19/16 06:39 AM
02/19/16 06:39 AM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline OP
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline OP
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Originally Posted By hotairballoonpilot

corey

Thanks for the tip. I bought them from Tony's and saw the instructions. Gotta go to the paint jobber to get that epoxy if either of you have a set installed I'd like to know how well yours fit.

I’m listening.
Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2015406
02/19/16 01:32 PM
02/19/16 01:32 PM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
we will hopefully be getting ours done next week or two. I will try to remember to post views.

corey

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #2015530
02/19/16 05:05 PM
02/19/16 05:05 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline OP
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline OP
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Corey, that would be awesome. I'm going to do the same. One of the best things about Moparts is reproduction parts reviews/endorsements and real life experience. I don't know how many hundreds of dollars I've saved reading up here. I try to do the same for folks when I can.

I don't have the fancy visegrips with the horse shoe style clamps. If you guys know of a good, inexpensive alternative to buying multiple pairs of those, let me know. I'm going to hit Harbor Freight to see if they have anything like wood clamps that will work.

Lindy

Last edited by Big Bad Bee; 02/19/16 05:13 PM.

I’m listening.
Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2015568
02/19/16 05:57 PM
02/19/16 05:57 PM
bethlehem pa
M
mikemee1331 Offline
master
mikemee1331  Offline
master
M

bethlehem pa
http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/clamps.html and don't forget your free flashlight! biggrin

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: mikemee1331] #2015584
02/19/16 06:22 PM
02/19/16 06:22 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline OP
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline OP
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Originally Posted By mikemee1331
http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/clamps.html and don't forget your free flashlight! biggrin

LOL YESSSSSSSS! Although if there is a zombie apocalypse, you DO NOT want a HF flashlight as your only lighting source!

I’m listening.
Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2015599
02/19/16 06:42 PM
02/19/16 06:42 PM
bethlehem pa
M
mikemee1331 Offline
master
mikemee1331  Offline
master
M

bethlehem pa
Originally Posted By mikemee1331

LOL YESSSSSSSS! Although if there is a zombie apocalypse, you DO NOT want a HF flashlight as your only lighting source!

so i've been stockpiling for nothing??!! whiney

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kit [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2017393
02/22/16 02:42 PM
02/22/16 02:42 PM
DELAWARE
TONY_DAGOSTINO Offline
master
TONY_DAGOSTINO  Offline
master

DELAWARE
Hi everyone

Sorry for the delayed response but I just saw this thread

I'm sorry to anyone that has had any issues, but if you know anyone that has please have them call us and or read this post.

We have sold over 200 of these kits in the last year and haven’t heard back from anyone in regards to the vent glass not fitting into the channel or the pivot not fitting into the glass correctly or any alignment issues, /if we had /I would have offered the same information as I am here

In regards to the glass not fitting into the channel, I can only guess that the correct thickness window setting tape may not have been used or possibly due to the channel not being properly adjusted

In regards to the glass not fitting correctly or lining up with the pivot, again I can only assume that the adjustments to the upper and or lower pins weren’t made.

Remember the vent window frames are a multi piece assembly, and don’t always go back together exactly the same, therefore they are adjustable for fitment

When we started this project in addition to the lower adjustments explained below, we noticed on original vent window assemblies that some of the roll pins that go into the chrome post, that the pivot slides onto were slightly bent from the factory for alignment on top,

Also, on the lower glass channel pin, the angle of the channel and the up and down height is adjustable

Those adjustments aren’t needed just because new posts were installed, but are needed because the whole assembly was taken apart and reassembled

Here is a link to the instructions for the installation of the vent frames that’s on our website under the b-body new products page

b-body vent window installation instructions

Please let me know if anyone has any further questions or issues and I’ll try my best to help

Thank you
Tony

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2028093
03/09/16 08:44 PM
03/09/16 08:44 PM
jersey shore
F
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas
flypaper  Offline
I hate Texas
F

jersey shore

Well I appreciate your honesty. I hope they aren't a $580 disappointment we shall see.

whats the verdict??? popcorn

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2028103
03/09/16 09:00 PM
03/09/16 09:00 PM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
I had to send our set back cause the drivers side top of it the chrome was messed up. Classic just got the part yesterday at 12 PST so I am waiting for a new set to come ASAP!

corey

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2028746
03/10/16 08:14 PM
03/10/16 08:14 PM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
I got contacted by Tony on here then have been dealing with him by email. Whoever is reading this I will say this. Skip buying these vent bars from ANYONE except Tony. The process I have going on right now with Classic is going on 3 weeks since I 1st contacted them. I emailed them this AM and they said this
Thank you for contacting Classic Industries. It appears an agent is currently working on your case. Please allow some time for an update to be available. Once we are able to provide you a solution or a follow up, we will contact you as soon as possible.

Tony has said if I hadn't of sent them back he would of taken care of me and gotten me results. I truly believe that I would have been assembling them by now rather than waiting for an answer. Getting frustrated as customer is wanting his car put together and I am at a stand still on that area to get it done. It is nothing in Tony's part being a bad part in anyway as I have seen 2 sets now and this is just a fluke flaw that was missed at the manufacturer and nothing Tony I am sure had any control over at all.

Corey

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2028781
03/10/16 08:59 PM
03/10/16 08:59 PM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
Just talked to Tony and he said that the part i bought which was JUST the vent bar and not the complete set is not his part. He ONLY sells the complete set and that PG Classics sells just the bars. So that means the damaged part I got was a PG Classic part and not a Tony's Mopar Parts part. The plot thickens. Tony is going to confirm that they are not splitting up his sets. Classic said they have 1 more set on hand that is damaged and no ETA on any more sets. So here I sit. Lesson ed learned buy from Tony next time. Sad as we only need just the drivers side bar! Regardless Tony has gone over and above the call trying to get this solved! Thank you Tony!!!

Corey

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: Big Bad Bee] #2028960
03/11/16 01:58 AM
03/11/16 01:58 AM
South Dakota
master
master

South Dakota
Tony did as he said and contacted Classic and yes the bad one I got was not his and is a PG Classics one. So it's on to getting this resolved with Classic and PG Classics. I'll keep all informed. Thanks again Tony !!!

Re: Tony's Parts B Body Wing Window Frame Kits [Re: flypaper] #2029780
03/12/16 02:17 PM
03/12/16 02:17 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline OP
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline OP
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Originally Posted By flypaper

Well I appreciate your honesty. I hope they aren't a $580 disappointment we shall see.

whats the verdict??? popcorn

I received my frames and inspected them. I've got to get the goo that tony recommends to glue them together. I had to order from Fastenall. I'm getting clamps from Harbor Freight. I've inspected all the parts and at first blush, things look pretty nice. Fantastic custom foam packaging, double boxed, everything bagged. The finish work under the chrome isn't spectacular but I got out my OEM set and I think Tony's actually might be better. I'll clean my originals up and do a side by side soon. Then do an installation and document it here. Sorry this is so slow. I moved recently and am still digging out.

I’m listening.
Page 1 of 2 1 2