Nevada
D
dezduster Offline
pro stock
dezduster  Offline
pro stock
D

Nevada
So I have been out driving and well its good. Its not perfect but it is learning and it seems to be learning quickly. My brother who bought a Fast 2.0 a year ago says he is jelouse of its simplicity and price. Still much to learn about this system.

Re: Holley Sniper to compete with the FiTech stuff [Re: Airwoofer] #1979920
12/31/15 02:44 AM
12/31/15 02:44 AM
Milwaukee WI
T
TRENDZ Offline
master
TRENDZ  Offline
master
T

Milwaukee WI
Although they look similar, they are different in a few ways when you compare the available pics.
These systems look like the injectors are not above the plates from what I can see, but I'm sure Monte knows more about the system than most.
I have to say, I'm really warming up to the holley efi stuff. I have a friend running a dominator system on an older D3 procharged BBC, and it works nice. I had to break a few old habits when learning the Holley system, but I like it now.
I've recently installed a Holley terminator system on a motorhome chassis BBC for the City of Milwaukee police department. The thing was carburated/ governed with a manual choke. Not a great setup.
The terminator is "self tuning." It worked amazingly well with a few minor tweeks with the laptop to limit some areas of the learn table.
The thing starts, runs, and drives like a modern factory efi engine.
If this sniper system works as well as the terminator, it should be a hit!

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"
Re: Holley Sniper to compete with the FiTech stuff [Re: Airwoofer] #1979929
12/31/15 02:58 AM
12/31/15 02:58 AM
Milwaukee WI
T
TRENDZ Offline
master
TRENDZ  Offline
master
T

Milwaukee WI
Originally Posted By Airwoofer
Will the Sniper compensate for more "fuel" coming in from another source like meth or a separate fuel stream, by adjusting to the O2?

Blow through is cheap. Relatively speaking. This motor is kinda a sows ear anyways. If the features on the Holley are good enough I would be willing to try one. 1200 crank HP is all the Vortech claims to support, and I was told that the motor on NOS was around 1250 so the power should match the car. My only goal is to play with the street cars around here on the track. That takes a solid 5 second car.

That EFI architecture is the $20K deal you talked about before. Yeah, a 90* 4500 pattern TB and injectors would be nice and probably a lot better, but not cheap.

However, I got one of B1CUDAs dashs... and the race stuff wiring all needs redone and the MSD7 moved out of the passengers way... so I'm not against new car wiring so much anymore.

Funny how the guy I got the blower setup from (Kenny's buddy, I should have known better to walk in there that day bitching about how expensive EFI was after leaving your house) ran a 6.14 up on the mountain that night with a 3900# car and a POS iron 500. Blow through Dominator on E85. The hat is too big for my 499's tall manifold, won't clear the cowl. I think a 4150 form factor might fit under there. Easy enough to check. I'll need an adapter to put a 4150 on the 4500 manifold and for sure some meth.

Anybody wanna buy a nice C&S blow through E85 Dominator? I'll throw in the hat for free.

If you're looking to get that power out of one of these systems with a blower, you will be disappointed. I don't know their calculations for BSFC, but you need to "feed" the blower. 1200 net HP minus the power it takes to drive the blower. Blowers DO take alot of power(fuel) to drive. Figure around 1400hp of fuel to be realistic about getting 1200 net.

Last edited by TRENDZ; 12/31/15 03:41 AM.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3