10/23/15 03:54 PM
Alberta Canada
StrokerAspen Offline OP
top fuel
StrokerAspen  Offline OP
top fuel

Alberta Canada
Hey all,

I have been enjoying my 1967 barracuda quite a bit since I bought it from my uncle last August. I have been able to put about 8000 miles on it so far and loved every mile of it!

Lately I have come across a problem that I will need to deal with ASAP. A couple weeks ago coming back into town at about 65mph the hood popped up to the second latch (thankfully) which I thought was weird, maybe it was a little sticky or something. I closed the hood again and seemed fine. Again however, today it did it once again on the highway, and again, thankfully the second latch caught it.

Anyway, has anyone else had problems with the primary latch letting go at highway speeds? Is it just worn out? Is there a real good quality replacement I could put on the car? I refuse to put hood pins on this thing.

-Kenny

Re: A-Body Barracuda Hood Latch [Re: StrokerAspen] #1937354
10/23/15 04:07 PM
10/23/15 04:07 PM
Iowa
burdar Offline
Owen's Dad
burdar  Offline
Owen's Dad

Iowa
It could just be adjusted a little too far down. Try loosening the two bolts and tapping it up slightly.

Re: A-Body Barracuda Hood Latch [Re: burdar] #1937360
10/23/15 04:16 PM
10/23/15 04:16 PM
Alberta Canada
StrokerAspen Offline OP
top fuel
StrokerAspen  Offline OP
top fuel

Alberta Canada
Originally Posted By burdar
It could just be adjusted a little too far down. Try loosening the two bolts and tapping it up slightly.

That could cause it to latch around town fine and then not so great on the highway eh? You might be on to something there, the car apparently caught a loose wheel and tire smack in the middle of the grill years back on the highway, so maybe once everything was straight it was not quite adjusted right.

I never had the issue last year, and there were a few times I was in a hurry and holding 90mph with the thing LOL (Late for a wedding out of town)

I never worried about the latch on the Aspen before. They are quite strong when they are proper. After the Aspen started running 130mph, the hood front corners have started bending up on the hood, but no latch problems

-Kenny