06/02/15 02:59 AM
06/02/15 02:59 AM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline OP
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline OP
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
What would cause the cruise control to weird out?

If I run it up to say 65 and hit set, it will accelerate to about 75, hang there for a while and s l o w l y ease back to 65. It will do it sometimes on resume also but not as bad. It will overshoot a few MPH and then drop back but again slow.

When I replaced the lift pump last week I disconnected the batteries and when I started it up, it idled at 2500 rpm. eek

I did the TPS recal and it idles now. Is there a cruise reset procedure too?

Kevin

Re: Another question. 99 CTD [Re: Twostick] #1839570
06/02/15 10:37 AM
06/02/15 10:37 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
My 99 dually used to do the same thing. Sometimes it would just keep accelerating! eek It would take a few times of resetting or turing it on and off until it finally settled down. eyes I learned to live with it as I could never find anyone that had the answer! shruggy

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Another question. 99 CTD [Re: Rhinodart] #1841850
06/05/15 12:35 AM
06/05/15 12:35 AM
Southeast Pa.
SALEM1912 Offline
super stock
SALEM1912  Offline
super stock

Southeast Pa.
Try looking at this :
OVERSHOOT/UNDERSHOOT FOLLOWING SPEED CONTROL SET

If the operator repeatedly presses and releases the set button with their foot off of the accelerator (a "lift foot set" to begin speed control operation), the vehicle may accelerate and exceed the desired set speed by up to 5 MPH (8 km/h) and then decelerate to less than the desired set speed before finally achieving the desired set speed.

The Speed Control has an adaptive strategy that compensates for vehicle-to-vehicle variations in speed control cable lengths. When the speed control is set with the vehicle operators foot off of the accelerator pedal, the speed control thinks there is excessive speed control cable slack and adapts. If the lift foot sets are continually used, the speed control overshoot/undershoot condition will develop.

To "unlearn" the overshoot/undershoot condition, the vehicle operator has to press and release the set button while maintaining the desired set speed with the accelerator pedal (not decelerating or accelerating), and then turn the cruise control switch to the OFF position (or press the CANCEL button if equipped) after waiting 10 seconds. This procedure must be performed approximately 10 - 15 times to completely unlearn the overshoot/undershoot condi