Pasadena, Texas
F
fal3 Offline OP
enthusiast
fal3  Offline OP
enthusiast
F

Pasadena, Texas
Can the studs that hold the scoop to the hood-looks like a wood screw on one end, a regular bolt on the other, be purchased in a hardware store. I've checked the big box places w/ no luck. I've gone on-line, but I've got issues w/ spending $65 for the hardware.
Is there an alternative to attching the scoops & not use the factory hardware?
Another possibility. I'm missing four attaching studs-one of the big ones for the back of the scoop, 3 smaller ones from the front/sides. Are these enough to hold the scoops on & keep them from flying off? In my mind, they should hold on; they're not tall enough to catch air (correct?). But, these scoops are almost impossible to find in any condition. Don't want to run the risk of a scoop flying off.

Re: '67 GTX hood scoop attaching hardware [Re: fal3] #1825873
05/13/15 04:58 PM
05/13/15 04:58 PM
Tennessee
moparjunkyard Offline
moparjunkyard  Offline

Tennessee
To be honest with you, 65 bucks is not alot to spend if its a real GTX and you want to make sure they dont come loose and fly off. They will catch more air than you think. If it is not an original GTX then I would just re-thread the scoops and buy just go to Ace Hardware or somewhere to buy short threaded rods and nuts and lock washers. But even then you will spend 10 to 20 bucks for all the stuff and threader if you dont have one. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet to be able to drive the car and not be thinking about it. Just my 2 cents worth. Look around, you may find them cheaper, but that is about what I found as far as price for a set. Good Luck

1968 A-STOCK AUTOMATIC/426 Hemi Super Bee Numbers Matching