03/02/15 07:12 PM
BC, Canada
Black_Bee Offline OP
pro stock
Black_Bee  Offline OP
pro stock

BC, Canada
Hey guys!

My spring project is to add multi point fuel injection to the 383 in my Super Bee.

There are no readily available EFI intakes for the B engines out there, so I am modifying an Edelbrock Torker single plane that I found.

This is a surprisingly time consuming task (nobody will mistake me for a machinist!), but I have some nice 90 degree holes in my intake runners (placed about 1" up the runner) that match my Edelbrock fuel rail.

So, what I need to know is... how deep into the intake port holes should the injector bungs be placed? When the bungs are final installed (all with the same height), do I want any part of the injector to actually protrude into the intake runner when installed into the bungs, or does the distance from the injector tip to the port even matter as long as the o-ring seals?

Thanks!

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo
Re: Modifying intake for EFI - injector depth [Re: Black_Bee] #1769409
03/02/15 07:55 PM
03/02/15 07:55 PM
Ohio
ChallengerTA Offline
ChallengerTA  Offline

Ohio
You wouldn't want any of the injector to be so far into the runner that it effects intake air flow. As long as the injector (which type you using - i.e. spray pattern) can spray without hitting the drilled sides of the runner. So injector pattern is not effected by runner.

Jason
1970 Challenger T/A
Re: Modifying intake for EFI - injector depth [Re: ChallengerTA] #1769410
03/02/15 10:02 PM
03/02/15 10:02 PM
BC, Canada
Black_Bee Offline OP
pro stock
Black_Bee  Offline OP
pro stock

BC, Canada
Quote:

You wouldn't want any of the injector to be so far into the runner that it effects intake air flow. As long as the injector (which type you using - i.e. spray pattern) can spray without hitting the drilled sides of the runner. So injector pattern is not effected by runner.

Thanks for the response!

The injectors are EV6 (Ford 6.2 takeoffs) which I believe are a 30 degree spray pattern.

According to my calculation, that means the injector can be no more than 1" from the port before the spray pattern would hit the sides of the bung.

Ill probably just install mine as far down as I can without protruding into the port so the rail is as low as I can make it to help avoid linkage issues.

Thanks again for the help!

Paul

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo