Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

If you can't find the email address on your own you might want to rethink sending them hate mail.

No sense sending an Email as it will get dumped with the other 10K.

I get replies when I send them emails asking legitimate questions.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: skicker] #1757373
02/24/15 12:01 AM
02/24/15 12:01 AM
tulsa ok
U
upnover Offline
top fuel
upnover  Offline
top fuel
U

tulsa ok
found it, thanks for all of the help.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757374
02/24/15 12:03 AM
02/24/15 12:03 AM
Western Md.
skicker Offline
"The Champ"
skicker  Offline
"The Champ"

Western Md.
Quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here...Do you think he was going to ask a legitimate question?

...FAFO...
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: skicker] #1757375
02/24/15 12:59 AM
02/24/15 12:59 AM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here...Do you think he was going to ask a legitimate question?

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: BBR] #1757376
02/24/15 01:51 AM
02/24/15 01:51 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

It's just a grandstanding ploy, because the show is kicking their butts in the ratings. Seems to have backfired on them.

Monte

I am surprised so many think the the NHRA is so vain that they give a rat's ass about the rating of a (semi)reality show. Heck they are not even in a competing time slot.

I keep seeing guys saying NHRA just wants a piece of the pie. I can't fathom how the NHRA could possibly benefit from an association with the SO's. The whole premise of the show is illegal street racing whether the actual filming session are done on a closed course or not. This premise goes against why the NHRA was founded and really serves to fuel those in the general public that wish to mimick what they see on tv. To support the show in any way or form would be unbelievably hypocritical on the part of the NHRA.

It would seem with all the crap they have stirred up, that they give a BIG rats azz. What, you think this is the only time some NHRA members have probably knowingly street raced, and NOW they care..............ummm ok.

Monte

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1757377
02/24/15 02:01 AM
02/24/15 02:01 AM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's just a grandstanding ploy, because the show is kicking their butts in the ratings. Seems to have backfired on them.

Monte

I am surprised so many think the the NHRA is so vain that they give a rat's ass about the rating of a (semi)reality show. Heck they are not even in a competing time slot.

I keep seeing guys saying NHRA just wants a piece of the pie. I can't fathom how the NHRA could possibly benefit from an association with the SO's. The whole premise of the show is illegal street racing whether the actual filming session are done on a closed course or not. This premise goes against why the NHRA was founded and really serves to fuel those in the general public that wish to mimick what they see on tv. To support the show in any way or form would be unbelievably hypocritical on the part of the NHRA.

It would seem with all the crap they have stirred up, that they give a BIG rats azz. What, you think this is the only time some NHRA members have probably knowingly street raced, and NOW they care..............ummm ok.

Monte

Monte you are 100% correct...

why on earth would NHRA care about a tv show promoting illegal street racing.

your to close to this and the twist your putting on it proves it.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1757378
02/24/15 02:09 AM
02/24/15 02:09 AM
F
fullmetaljacket Offline
master
fullmetaljacket  Offline
master
F

The NHRA very well knew that legends the likes of Ronnie Lyles, Brooklyn Heavy, John Mcfadden, Billy The Kid, among others were well involved with big stakes street Racing back in the day and participated in all their (NHRA) programmed high profile races, let alone including a prestigious invitation to the White House as members of the United States Drag Racing team.
Some high profile giants in the NHRA line up were even building cars that were knowingly being used on the streets.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757379
02/24/15 03:27 AM
02/24/15 03:27 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Monte

Yep.......you're right. NHRA cares absolutely nothing about a bunch of "fake" racers, doing "fake" racing on TV.......is that what you are saying. Yeah, I can see that by their actions. Not sure why they are even wasting the paper to threaten people they don't care about. Guess they are just bored or something.

Seems they have no problem with one of their "star" racers posing nude on a stack of tires, yet are busting a bunch of street racers balls, over what, a "morality" clause in the fine print on a piece of paper. Makes perfect sense to me. I stand corrected. Better be careful and NEVER break a traffic law, as they will be within their rights to pull your license it would appear.

And I am not trying to "spin" anything. As mentioned, well known PRO racers have been involved with street racing for years. Remember a bunch called the "Ramchargers" and a place called Telegraph, where the behind the scenes "factory wars" were playing out. Guess that was top secret and nobody knew, huh! Yet NOW they(NHRA) care about that image. Seems a pretty odd coincidence now that this show is obviously not just a flash in the pan and they have developed a conscience.

Several of the guys do NOT have NHRA licenses and NEVER have, yet are being threatened that they will never be allowed on NHRA property. Yep, I can see how that thinking works. That will certainly curtail the evil "street racing"

Monte

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1757380
02/24/15 12:36 PM
02/24/15 12:36 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Monte

Yep.......you're right. NHRA cares absolutely nothing about a bunch of "fake" racers, doing "fake" racing on TV.......is that what you are saying. Yeah, I can see that by their actions. Not sure why they are even wasting the paper to threaten people they don't care about. Guess they are just bored or something.

Seems they have no problem with one of their "star" racers posing nude on a stack of tires, yet are busting a bunch of street racers balls, over what, a "morality" clause in the fine print on a piece of paper. Makes perfect sense to me. I stand corrected. Better be careful and NEVER break a traffic law, as they will be within their rights to pull your license it would appear.

And I am not trying to "spin" anything. As mentioned, well known PRO racers have been involved with street racing for years. Remember a bunch called the "Ramchargers" and a place called Telegraph, where the behind the scenes "factory wars" were playing out. Guess that was top secret and nobody knew, huh! Yet NOW they(NHRA) care about that image. Seems a pretty odd coincidence now that this show is obviously not just a flash in the pan and they have developed a conscience.

Several of the guys do NOT have NHRA licenses and NEVER have, yet are being threatened that they will never be allowed on NHRA property. Yep, I can see how that thinking works. That will certainly curtail the evil "street racing"

Monte

Most of that was sarcasm but i guess you missed that.

I love how it keeps being brought up about others in the past. In this day and age with all of the political correctness having a TV show that shows illegal street racing is only in the best interest of those making bank off of it.

Force's pictorial was not *nudes* it was done on the artistic side not the trash side so your argument there is moot.

Like i said before. the SO guys chose to put these letters out on the social media so if anybody is looking for attention it was them. If I had gotton one and i truly cared about my NHRA lic. I would have gave it to my laywer.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1757381
02/24/15 12:37 PM
02/24/15 12:37 PM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
I wonder why the NHRA doesn't just complete the circle and start trolling UTube and the like for any videos of their members street racing and send them 'THE LETTER'?

That is the only thing I can think of that could cause any more trouble than what they have already done.

Master, again and still
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: DaveRS23] #1757382
02/24/15 12:40 PM
02/24/15 12:40 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

I wonder why the NHRA doesn't just complete the circle and start trolling UTube and the like for any videos of their members street racing and send them 'THE LETTER'?

That is the only thing I can think of that could cause any more trouble than what they have already done.

I think trolling youtube and trying to figure out who is who would be a stretch. Now start a TV show where you want people to believe your doing something illegal (even though informed people know its not) is a whole different enity.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757383
02/24/15 12:52 PM
02/24/15 12:52 PM
Up a holler, down a crick
B
booger Offline
super stock
booger  Offline
super stock
B

Quote:

I think trolling youtube and trying to figure out who is who would be a stretch.

I disagree. To me this is the perfect opportunity for someone to start up a new department staffed with minimum wagers and/or free workers, with the manager making high 6 figures.

Never underestimate the cunning stupidity of a bureaucrat.

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: booger] #1757384
02/24/15 01:20 PM
02/24/15 01:20 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

I think trolling youtube and trying to figure out who is who would be a stretch.

I disagree. To me this is the perfect opportunity for someone to start up a new department staffed with minimum wagers and/or free workers, with the manager making high 6 figures.

to do all of that just to send them a letter that they MIGHT revoke their nhra lic. Oh yeah if they even have one.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757385
02/24/15 01:24 PM
02/24/15 01:24 PM
B
booger Offline
super stock
booger  Offline
super stock
B

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

to do all of that just to send them a letter that they MIGHT revoke their nhra lic. Oh yeah if they even have one.

Exactly. Cunning stupidity. Paid to do something that isn't really possible. Bureaucrats probably put that on their resume.

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757386
02/24/15 01:25 PM
02/24/15 01:25 PM
Amarillo, Texas
BBR Offline
master
BBR  Offline
master

Amarillo, Texas
Me last night:

[channel surfing]Street Outlaws or Top Gear UK..... Street Outlaws or Top Gear UK..... lame drama or funny Brits..... lame drama or funny Brits..... Funny Brits! TOP GEAR UK!!!!![/channel surfing]

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757387
02/26/15 08:58 AM
02/26/15 08:58 AM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LUTZ-RACE-CARS/262631067109573?fref=photo

LUTZ RACE CARS
9 hrs ·

NHRA called today to inform me that if I continue to appear on the show, my NHRA license will be suspended for the duration of the show. I informed NHRA that if you are telling me to choose between you or Street Outlaws then I choose the Street Outlaws.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: gdonovan] #1757388
02/26/15 11:34 AM
02/26/15 11:34 AM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LUTZ-RACE-CARS/262631067109573?fref=photo

LUTZ RACE CARS
9 hrs ·

NHRA called today to inform me that if I continue to appear on the show, my NHRA license will be wsuspended for the duration of the show. I informed NHRA that if you are telling me to choose between you or Street Outlaws then I choose the Street Outlaws.

Yup everybody else got a letter but Putz got a phone call.
He will do anything for attention

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757389
02/26/15 11:57 AM
02/26/15 11:57 AM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
I'm betting that the producers of the SO show are enjoying the HUGE spike in ratings this racer opinion dividing flap has generated. They don't count how many people love or hate it... they only count how many people turned to that channel. You can bet they are thanking NHRA for sending them some free publicity.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Duner] #1757390
02/26/15 01:08 PM
02/26/15 01:08 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

You can bet they are thanking NHRA for sending them some free publicity.

To be honest I have only heard the name of the show vaguely the last few years as I don't watch much TV.

Now I'm more than half way through season one (The Nova just got an ass beating by Doc) and I laugh my butt off every episode. The whole cast of characters I use to race against is there.

The whiner, the trash talker, the quiet guy, etc. What a hoot.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: gdonovan] #1757391
02/26/15 01:18 PM
02/26/15 01:18 PM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
I watched a few shows and lost interest real quick. I don`t care for reality shows.

Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24