Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: gdonovan] #1757352
02/21/15 04:39 PM
02/21/15 04:39 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

NHRA needs racers ($$$) far more than racers need NHRA.

really, You couldn't be more wrong.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757353
02/21/15 06:53 PM
02/21/15 06:53 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

Quote:

NHRA needs racers ($$$) far more than racers need NHRA.

really, You couldn't be more wrong.

Thanks for the laugh.

There is no shortage of IHRA and outlaw tracks not to mention the street plain and simple.

NHRA? No one shows up they fold. No money = no NHRA.

There was hot rodding before them and there will be hot rodding after.

I don't need the NHRA to get my horsepower jollies.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: gdonovan] #1757354
02/21/15 07:33 PM
02/21/15 07:33 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Some of you just don't get it and it appears you never will..

As for the comment of plenty of options if you choose not to run NHRA. Well maybe in some parts of the country there are options. Over here on this side of the country your options are few and far between. So here is the summary for IHRA one in Alaska, one in Arizona and one new one in Washinton. For those who are geographically challenged take a look at a map. Or go to the IHRA site and looks at the track list. Then there is the question of the IHRA itself. How many times has been on the edge of failure?

Would really like to know haw many of the people on here making all these comments actually OWN and RACE a car at ANY track. Or is this a case of the keyboard non racer crowd wanting to impose their will to make a change or loose something that means nothing to them in the first place. If you think that the NHRA will not survive you are just plain foolish. Unless you want to see organized drag racing fail as well.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Al_Alguire] #1757355
02/21/15 08:49 PM
02/21/15 08:49 PM
geezer acres rest home
D
dakotawilly Offline
mopar
dakotawilly  Offline
mopar
D

geezer acres rest home
this post has become a fireball in the shorts of many people.opinions flying everywhere,good,bad,and ugly.i have never seen a press explosion to this extent, and i am sure they are carefully weighing their options.will nhra bite the dust? not a chance in hell.no matter who likes them or who doesnt,they are the big dogs on the scene.but hopefully something good will come from this for all.i get fired up and i have posted many times of the negative effects they tend to have on the average racer because i have seen it myself for the last 40 years.that doesnt mean i wouldnt race nhra tracks and events, but i guess we will all have to wait until the smoke clears and see.....

SFI 25.5 depends,no leak,even at 213 mph....
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Al_Alguire] #1757356
02/21/15 09:06 PM
02/21/15 09:06 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Stuff like this just help build the IHRA membership
and within time they(IHRA) will expand more to the west...
nothing happens over night

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1757357
02/21/15 09:17 PM
02/21/15 09:17 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
you guys have no clue really on what's going on. All the NHRA said was if they keep Promoting illegal street racing they will lose their licenses. They just need to distance themselves from this unreality tv show that's promoting something illegal. The SO guys can keep doing what it is they do they just won't be able to have a nhra lic. Most of them don't anyway so for them its no big deal. Also if they really cared about their lic. they would have gave those letters to their laywers NOT POSTED THEM ON THE INTERNET to get social media buzzing for more attention. Why is this so hard for most of you to grasp?

For the guy with the quick solution of not racing NHRA you obviously do not have a real race car or you would have never made such a stupid statement. Besides all of the screwed up stuff you feel they do they do bring insurance, track safety, racer safety, race car safety to the front. They also have enough clout to keep your street cars from getting run over by the government.

I really wish some of you would think before making kneejerk replies on the internet.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757358
02/21/15 09:21 PM
02/21/15 09:21 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

you guys have no clue really on what's going on. All the NHRA said was if they keep Promoting illegal street racing they will lose their licenses. They just need to distance themselves from this unreality tv show that's promoting something illegal. The SO guys can keep doing what it is they do they just won't be able to have a nhra lic. Most of them don't anyway so for them its no big deal. Also if they really cared about their lic. they would have gave those letters to their laywers NOT POSTED THEM ON THE INTERNET to get social media buzzing for more attention. Why is this so hard for most of you to grasp?

For the guy with the quick solution of not racing NHRA you obviously do not have a real race car or you would have never made such a stupid statement. Besides all of the screwed up stuff you feel they do they do bring insurance, track safety, racer safety, race car safety to the front. They also have enough clout to keep your street cars from getting run over by the government.

I really wish some of you would think before making kneejerk replies on the internet.

I KNOW damn A well what they are saying... and a LOT
of people are pissed off about it...granted all they
did was ask

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1757359
02/21/15 09:35 PM
02/21/15 09:35 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
Anybody watching the 'Lights Out 6' at SGMP....???
dragstory.com ustream.tv/channel/dragstory

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1757360
02/22/15 12:31 AM
02/22/15 12:31 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

Stuff like this just help build the IHRA membership
and within time they(IHRA) will expand more to the west...
nothing happens over night

Mike, the sad part about the IHRA around here is that tracks never stay with them. Byron, Cordova, Union Grove have all switched back and forth multiple times, and 41 was IHRA twice and is now outlaw. Hopefully with Scotty Gardner at the wheel now that will stabilize.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: CHAPPER] #1757361
02/22/15 02:08 AM
02/22/15 02:08 AM
jacksonville,FLORIDA
slammedR/T Offline
super stock
slammedR/T  Offline
super stock

jacksonville,FLORIDA
Quote:

Anybody watching the 'Lights Out 6' at SGMP....???
dragstory.com ustream.tv/channel/dragstory

I was there and had a blast, met most of the street outlaw guys and they are cool, my buddy with me was talking smack to Big Chief and Sean murdernova, it was funny and they were cool as ice cubes

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757362
02/22/15 04:11 AM
02/22/15 04:11 AM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline
master
C

Arizona
Quote:

THIS^^^

I do promotional stuff with the "West Coast Super Cops"... So, I would take the stance that NHRA takes. Trying to make Illegal Street Racing glamorous to kids is wrong.. Enough problems already with the video games and "Fast N Furious" crap. Not to mention texting and driving..

Anyway, here is a good read from Mike Murillo..

http://www.dragzine.com/news/heads-up-racer-mike-murillo-address-nhras-letter-to-street-outlaws/

When asked what he thought about the letter, and what it said, Murillo responded: “I think what they’re doing is wrong, but it’s not worth it for me to give up my NHRA license.” Murillo hates to take that stance, because it appears he’s caving in to the NHRA, but there’s too much on the line for him. Murillo has too much invested to risk losing his license.

“I just hope they can come up with a resolution where people don’t lose their competition licenses. It’s not fair to the guys on the show. The racing on the show takes place in a closed environment — there’s no crowd, EMS and fire are on the property; it’s not right to rip these guys’ licenses because of a reality show,” he adds. In other words, it’s not what everyone thinks of when people say street racing.

It does take place on a public road, but the roads are shut down for the night while filming takes place. “If they were truly out street racing, I would 100-percent agree with the NHRA’s stance,” Murillo says. He told us the show even has tech officials who look over every car before being allowed to participate. “The racing is real,” Murillo says, “but it’s TV. It’s way different than what people think of as street racing.”

Chris..

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: BradH] #1757363
02/22/15 04:52 PM
02/22/15 04:52 PM
southern Maryland
K
keefe Offline
mopar
keefe  Offline
mopar
K

southern Maryland
Quote:

The NHRA is OK is you're a "reformed" street racer turned "legit" (like at least one of their former Pro Stock Champions), but doesn't want any perceived connection made between street racing and the NHRA in any form.

1971 duster twister 440, 3380#,509 M/P hyd,906's,full Exhaust,11.06@117.46 1/4,6.95@ 97.03 1/8,1.497 60ft.....
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: keefe] #1757364
02/23/15 03:45 PM
02/23/15 03:45 PM
Huntsville, AL
A
Airwoofer Offline
mopar
Airwoofer  Offline
mopar
A

Huntsville, AL
I recall seeing cars race on the streets of Long Beach and Miami, with the cops blocking off the streets. Televised. How is this different?

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: moparguy7074] #1757365
02/23/15 06:46 PM
02/23/15 06:46 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

So those of You whom are so selfrightous about watching the stupid contrived 'street outlaw' program feel better? In my opinion the show is pitched to the stupid who believe that drag racing is all about racing (or crashing) on public roads in Oklahoma. Talk to real Bracket Racers,.. Most feel the show is weak and staged and phony as to any real race value. If those cars are so unique or fast or ???? Have them go to a track and time the damn things or have them actually compete against other 'fast' but safety certified real race cars. This plays to the non-reality shows the public lsps up. You guys keep bad mouthing NHRA all You want but Your premier 'nostalgia' races like the March Meet aare at NHRA Tracks as the track safety is there. How many ambulances You have out there in Oklahoma or anywhere else the morons race? The is s a hollywood made up [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] series the dumb have become addicted to,... nothing more. How many of You critics of NHRA actually race? Boats need not answer but I know You believe You are the worlds authorities on everything from Your comments.

I only read far enough to see this stupid post. I say stupid, because you have NO CLUE of what you are speaking on. Every one of these cars meets safety specs for the ETs they run. They also race in a "controlled environment" with a full safety crew and medical personnel on site. Every car was safety inspected and stickered, by get this, an NHRA tech guy. Now while I have personally chided some of the guys for being out "testing" without all their safety gear on, that does NOT fly on the actual "race night" when the full production crew is on the controlled site.

And these cars are raced on the track at times, as they ALL test at tracks at various times, to gather data. You don't think they are fast, that's your opinion, which I will state is also WRONG.

Also I feel sure I can speak for the guys on the show, by saying they could care less what "some" bracket racers think of the show.

As for NHRA..........these hypocrites should get their OWN house in order, before they even attempt to criticize someone else. It's just a grandstanding ploy, because the show is kicking their butts in the ratings. Seems to have backfired on them.

Monte

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1757366
02/23/15 09:19 PM
02/23/15 09:19 PM
CA
C
crackedback Offline
top fuel
crackedback  Offline
top fuel
C

CA
Can't wait for a lower end fuel car team to roll in with "Street Outlaws" as a partial sponsor. LOL

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1757367
02/23/15 09:58 PM
02/23/15 09:58 PM
Amarillo, Texas
BBR Offline
master
BBR  Offline
master

Amarillo, Texas
Quote:

It's just a grandstanding ploy, because the show is kicking their butts in the ratings. Seems to have backfired on them.

Monte

I am surprised so many think the the NHRA is so vain that they give a rat's ass about the rating of a (semi)reality show. Heck they are not even in a competing time slot.

I keep seeing guys saying NHRA just wants a piece of the pie. I can't fathom how the NHRA could possibly benefit from an association with the SO's. The whole premise of the show is illegal street racing whether the actual filming session are done on a closed course or not. This premise goes against why the NHRA was founded and really serves to fuel those in the general public that wish to mimick what they see on tv. To support the show in any way or form would be unbelievably hypocritical on the part of the NHRA.

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: BBR] #1757368
02/23/15 10:51 PM
02/23/15 10:51 PM
st.cloud fl
D
d-150 Offline
Smarter than a 5th grader?
d-150  Offline
Smarter than a 5th grader?
D

st.cloud fl
nhra needs money.we all know street outlaws are running on street,but staged ,and blocked off roads,so what, ten times more interesting then nhra. this is more my price point in racing then nitro cars,i can relate to the street racing

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: d-150] #1757369
02/23/15 11:27 PM
02/23/15 11:27 PM
tulsa ok
U
upnover Offline
top fuel
upnover  Offline
top fuel
U

tulsa ok
id love to tell the nhra what I think, does anyone have an email address for the nhra? I cant find an address anywhere, just a phone #, which will work if I cant find an email, thanks

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: upnover] #1757370
02/23/15 11:40 PM
02/23/15 11:40 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

id love to tell the nhra what I think, does anyone have an email address for the nhra? I cant find an address anywhere, just a phone #, which will work if I cant find an email, thanks

If you can't find the email address on your own you might want to rethink sending them hate mail.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1757371
02/23/15 11:44 PM
02/23/15 11:44 PM
Western Md.
skicker Offline
"The Champ"
skicker  Offline
"The Champ"

Western Md.
Quote:

If you can't find the email address on your own you might want to rethink sending them hate mail.

No sense sending an Email as it will get dumped with the other 10K.

...FAFO...
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24