02/18/15 02:08 PM
02/18/15 02:08 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Well in my opinion I am surprised it has taken this long. I would be interested to se if there was any other motivation to do it. It also seems a tad but hypocritical given what some of the bigger names have done in the past or are accused of and nothing happens. However it is there ball and there game and it IS in the rulebook.

I saw a quote from someone at the NHRA that it may be a case where cars wearing NHRA competition numbers and displaying NHRA decals maybe be a large part of the issue. At that in their minds(NHRA)it shows those people are representing the NHRA and it's racers. If that is the case a simple warning as they got and asking them to remove any reference to NHRA in terms of decals, numbers etc be removed from the cars. Possibly this would help to alleviate any perception the NHRA has that they condone ILLEAGAL street racing in any form, TV show or not. Likely could have been handled better than it was.

While some like to point out that the races are on closed down permitted streets, airports etc. They certainly DO NOT promote it as such. Many of the racers are members on yellowbullet and gladly admit they test on public roads when need be. Thus admitting they are taking place in an illegal activity that does fall under the NHRA's personal conduct clause that ALL of us who hold I license or membership are subject to. After all we do not have to be members or hold a license we CHOOSE to. I know some are trying to justify all this as being legal the show is not promoting it as such. And there are plenty of people who I guarantee think it is really illegal street racing.

I don't follow the show like some for sure. If there is nothing going on and I am around I will watch it. I don't like all the phony TV drama that seems to come with just about everything on TV anymore personally. While it is great for the aftermarket parts suppliers to maybe sell some parts and certainly to reach people through advertising, since it seems everyone is wearing some manufacturers t shirt anymore I do not see how it helps organized drag racing at all. Which seems to be a point some are making. I can see it however having a similar affect to Fast and Furious where more people get out there and street race, endangering others. But maybe I am wrong but I have not seen an influx of new blood at the tracks for sure and IIRC this is season 5 of this show. In the end the show will run it's course, and yes these guys do run at sanctioned race tracks.

I have seen what some of them have said about it and they may want to rethink their stance if they wish to continue to do so in the future. A couple of the "guest" appearances are guys who regularly compete at NHRA sanctioned tracks. They have shown Tulsa Raceway more than once that I have seen and it is an NHRA track. The PSCA runs it events at NHRA facilities as well. Not saying they cannot go elsewhere just saying they may want to rethink the current public relations strategy, on both sides honestly. But the show WILL end and those guys WILL want to continue to race. I feel confident the NHRA will be around after street outlaws goes aw

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Al_Alguire] #1757153
02/18/15 02:20 PM
02/18/15 02:20 PM
Weatherford, Texas
RapidusMaximus Offline
top fuel
RapidusMaximus  Offline
top fuel

Weatherford, Texas
Well, right, wrong or indifferent, intentional or not...the good old "net" is blowing up about it...here, the bullet, Facebook, drag race results, competition plus....somebody is getting what they did (or didn't) want...key board warriors on a tear...stand back boys I think she's gonna blow.,.

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: RapidusMaximus] #1757154
02/18/15 02:27 PM
02/18/15 02:27 PM
geezer acres rest home
D
dakotawilly Offline
mopar
dakotawilly  Offline
mopar
D

geezer acres rest home
nhra facebook site is getting pummeled with negative responses to the point they cannot keep up.heres my post....the peoples republic of nhra would like to remind you that your constitutional rights do not apply here and that at this moment,wally parks [R.I.P.] has reached warp speed spinning in his grave.the post was on for 4 min then got yanked...they have truly created a monster on this one,hopefully someone will get fired...

Last edited by dakotawilly; 02/18/15 02:32 PM.

SFI 25.5 depends,no leak,even at 213 mph....
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: RapidusMaximus] #1757155
02/18/15 02:39 PM
02/18/15 02:39 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
My .02, Unless I'm mis-reading something here (which I may be)...

When you SIGN a license (be it NHRA, FISHING, DRIVER's, etc.) you are VOLUNTARILY Agreeing and binding yourself to comply with all the rules and regulations stipulated in that "contract"....in exchange for the privilege of carrying that license. The Licensing Party therefore has the right and responsibility to CALL YOU OUT ON IT IF YOU ARE IN WILLFUL or otherwise) VIOLATION OF THAT CONTRACT. Maybe that's not cool, and it's not convenient but nonetheless....they are THE RULES....Am I missing something?

A signature, a man's word, a handshake used to mean something in my day....And if you don't like the rules or can't or can no longer comply with them....DON'T SIGN the [Email]D@MN[/Email] THING!
By the same token if THEY Change the rules you are really no longer bound to them...unless they re-issue an amended contract for you to sign.

If you don't like the rules, or feel strongly that they need to be amended, then Man up and fight to change them. Don't blame the agency for "singling you out" by reminding you that you are stepping across a line you agreed not to cross.

I'm NOT TAKING THE NHRA's side on this, I'm simply stating that it is a License, and with any binding contract people need to think about things before they sign into them. Can you (are you willing to?) live up to your end of the deal?To me it's the same as signing for a loan, or (getting real old school here) shaking hands with someone on a deal.

Last edited by Streetwize; 02/18/15 02:47 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Streetwize] #1757156
02/18/15 02:47 PM
02/18/15 02:47 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

My .02

When you SIGN a license (be it NHRA, FISHING, DRIVER's, etc.) you are VOLUNTARILY Agreeing and binding yourself to comply with all the rules and regulations stipulated in that "contract"....in exchange for the privilege of carrying that license. The Licensing Party therefore has the right and responsibility to CALL YOU OUT ON IT IF YOU ARE IN WILLFUL or otherwise) VIOLATION OF THAT CONTRACT. Maybe that's not cool, and it's not convenient but nonetheless....they are THE RULES....Am I missing something?

A signature, a man's word, a handshake used to mean something in my day....if you don't like the rules or can't or can no longer comply with them....DON'T SIGN the [Email]D@MN[/Email] THING!

If you don't like the rules, or feel strongly that they need to be amended, then Man up and fight to change them. Don't blame the agency for "singling you out" by reminding you that you are stepping across a line you agreed not to cross.

I'm NOT TAKING THE NHRA's side on this, I'm simply stating that people need to think about things before you sign into them. Can you (are you willing to?) live up to your end of the deal?To me it's the same as signing for a loan, or (getting real old school here) shaking hands with someone on a deal.

Since I dont have a license any longer I dont recall
what the rules are.. do they go beyond the race track..
can they dictate what you do in your every day living

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Streetwize] #1757157
02/18/15 02:48 PM
02/18/15 02:48 PM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
Can anyone show me anywhere in the NHRA rule book that says if you take part in illegal street racing they will pull your license???
If that were true some very well know and respected drivers would be in a whole lotta trouble...

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1757158
02/18/15 02:51 PM
02/18/15 02:51 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
Mike, I don't know, again I'm only stating it in General terms that you need to be aware of what your signing. I thought the original NHRA "charter" was formed to try to get kids off the street back in the Post WW2 days, I wouldn't be surprised if there are still certain tenants that members are expected to uphold.

But I agree, if it doesn't specifically forbid it in their bylaws, then they (the NHRA) have absolutely no business meddling in the private 'off track' affairs of its members. I suspect they are really nervous about "bad publicity" backlash from the media that make no distinction between Drag Racing and Street Racing.

Last edited by Streetwize; 02/18/15 02:54 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

In Car:

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Streetwize] #1757159
02/18/15 02:52 PM
02/18/15 02:52 PM
Up a holler, down a crick
B
booger Offline
super stock
booger  Offline
super stock
B

Up a holler, down a crick
Quote:

you need to be aware of what your signing.

As I heard on my first day at Lackland AFB, don't sign anything you don't read and understand first, because that's how you got here.

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1757160
02/18/15 02:58 PM
02/18/15 02:58 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

Can anyone show me anywhere in the NHRA rule book that says if you take part in illegal street racing they will pull your license???

Did anyone read the letter? I did.

It clearly states "Participants at EVENTS"

I'm assuming this indicates NHRA sanctioned events which this clearly isn't so therefore NHRA regulations have no bearing.

They stepped in it and are now reaping what they sowed.

8433423-nhraletter.jpg (77 downloads)

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Streetwize] #1757161
02/18/15 03:02 PM
02/18/15 03:02 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Quote:

My .02, Unless I'm mis-reading something here (which I may be)...

A signature, a man's word, a handshake used to mean something in my day....And if you don't like the rules or can't or can no longer comply with them....DON'T SIGN the [Email]D@MN[/Email] THING!
By the same token if THEY Change the rules you are really no longer bound to them...unless they re-issue an amended contract for you to sign.

I'm NOT TAKING THE NHRA's side on this, I'm simply stating that it is a License, and with any binding contract people need to think about things before they sign into them. Can you (are you willing to?) live up to your end of the deal?To me it's the same as signing for a loan, or (getting real old school here) shaking hands with someone on a deal.

This is all fine and good and I agree.

I haven't seen the language contained in whatever section sub section and paragraph number that NHRA seems to think these guys are in violation of but if it specifies illegal racing activities then they the NHRA are SOL if what I am reading here is fact.

From what I can gather here (I haven't seen the show. I'm not a fan of fake reality ) these so called street races are actually held on a closed course ie the street is closed to the public so that would make it a de facto sanctioned by whoever owns the street, event. So much for illegal street racing.

Now if the language is like NASCAR's catch all clause "actions detrimental to stock car racing" they MIGHT have cause to punch your ticket but I think they would have a hard time showing what the detriment is.

Kevin

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Streetwize] #1757162
02/18/15 03:04 PM
02/18/15 03:04 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
But I agree, if it doesn't specifically forbid it in their bylaws, then they (the NHRA) have absolutely no business meddling in the private 'off track' affairs of its members. I suspect they are really nervous about "bad publicity" backlash from the media that make no distinction between Drag Racing and Street Racing.

I'm sure they are worried about that and they cant
be associated or condone any illegal activity which
the show tries to portray... also.. isnt gambling
illegal there and that occurs on the show

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: gdonovan] #1757163
02/18/15 03:05 PM
02/18/15 03:05 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
I'll also point out that like the NFL they have put themselves in a trap.

Once an agency starts sticking its nose into everyones business outside of its charter it will never end. The NFL should have simply stated "Player XYZ was involved in XYZ and the matter is being handled by local authorities and we will take no action until they have concluded their investigation"

Instead they tried to pander and now its blowing up in their face.

NHRA should have stated "we don't agree with the show but its Hollywood and why don't you come to a real NHRA event to see what its all about" while quietly working with the shows producers.

Once you opened the door of what happens off track anything is fair game and you have set yourself up for massive failure.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: gdonovan] #1757164
02/18/15 03:06 PM
02/18/15 03:06 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
@ Gdonovan,

Thanks for posting that

that letter clearly states "at events"

My only concern was if there were any "hanging offence" by-laws in the License agreement that clearly stated what items Conducts are/could be specific grounds for revocation.

If an off-duty Cop is caught pushing drugs on the street-corner ....He can't just say, "Hey, I'm off-duty!"

WIZE

In Car:

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: gdonovan] #1757165
02/18/15 03:18 PM
02/18/15 03:18 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Quote:

Quote:

Did anyone read the letter? I did.

It clearly states "Participants at EVENTS"

I'm assuming this indicates NHRA sanctioned events which this clearly isn't so therefore NHRA regulations have no bearing.

They stepped in it and are now reaping what they sowed.

I see it does have the "actions detrimental" clause but as you have noted it is tied to events only.

Even if they were so foolish as to take the position that they meant "any" event, NHRA or otherwise, they are are still screwed because nobody has claimed these SO participants have violated any of the SO rules.

The NHRA has enough $1000 an hour lawyers that they already know they have no cause for action.

It's sabre rattling just for the sake of optics.

IMHO

Kevin

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Streetwize] #1757166
02/18/15 03:20 PM
02/18/15 03:20 PM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
Are they racing on a street or road? Yes but are they really street racing? No. I think NHRA may have went about it they wrong way.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: mopars4ever] #1757167
02/18/15 03:36 PM
02/18/15 03:36 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
It's all about publicity. There is no bad publicity as long as they spell your name right.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all worked into a storyline for an upcoming episode.

NHRA gets some free press or if you are really cynical, the whole thing was a put up job from the get go between the the 2 of them.

Kevin

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Streetwize] #1757168
02/18/15 03:39 PM
02/18/15 03:39 PM
Vista, California
67Satty Offline
pro stock
67Satty  Offline
pro stock

Vista, California
"To live outside the law, you must be honest."

They want to call themselves "outlaws", then they can't complain when there are consequences to their "outlaw" way of doing things. But my guess is that they are actually loving all the extra attention they are getting from this. I'd also hazard a guess that their local tracks, whether NHRA-sanctioned or not, won't be turning these guys away from the gate anytime soon, comp license or not, being the crowd-draws they have become.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: mopars4ever] #1757169
02/18/15 03:40 PM
02/18/15 03:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almost didn't click to start this video when I saw what it was. Glad I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41gSRYzK2yg

It is hilarious.

Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: ] #1757170
02/18/15 03:44 PM
02/18/15 03:44 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

Almost didn't click to start this video when I saw what it was. Glad I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41gSRYzK2yg

It is hilarious.

"screwing everyone with certs!"

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: nhra to pull street outlaw license if dont stop..... [Re: Twostick] #1757171
02/18/15 03:49 PM
02/18/15 03:49 PM
CA
C
crackedback Offline
top fuel
crackedback  Offline
top fuel
C

CA
If they do a test hit on a public road, it's not a speed contest or street race as there is no opponent. You want to cite for exceeding the speed limit, etc, yep that's there. But it's not a race.

Now the stuff azn and farmtruck do...

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24