11/18/14 12:58 AM
11/18/14 12:58 AM
Bowling Green KY / Nashville, ...
300by500 Offline
master
300by500  Offline
master

Bowling Green KY / Nashville, ...
With the direction it is going, here's what a 16 car Pro Stock field will be in 2016:

Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro
Camaro

*yuck*

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: W.I.N. Racing] #1698637
11/18/14 03:33 AM
11/18/14 03:33 AM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Quote:

Quote:

So the cheater is leaving AGAIN.

Please elaborate...how/when did he cheat????

Maybe some one already answered this but I'm not reading the whole thread.

He was caught cheating on fuel at one point, and the gist of it was they were brewing their own crap and they were using know cancer causing agents in the fuel (among other things), and I don't remember the year.

The second time he was CAUGHT (I'm sure he was cheating long before he was caught) cheating with an automatic shifter. This happened in Seattle and again, I don't remember the year. Both times earned a rule change and a slap on the wrist.

He's a cheater and I'm glad to see him out of a Dodge.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: madscientist] #1698638
11/18/14 03:37 AM
11/18/14 03:37 AM
las vegas
70AARcuda Offline
master
70AARcuda  Offline
master

las vegas
the cheater comment was probably in relation to dave connelly not jeggy

Tony

70 AARCuda Vitamin C
71 Dart Swinger 360 10.318 @ 128.22(10-04-14 Bakersfield)
71 Demon 360 10.666 @122.41 (01-29-17 @ Las Vegas)
71 Duster 408 (10.29 @ 127.86 3/16/19 Las Vegas)
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: 70AARcuda] #1698639
11/18/14 03:44 AM
11/18/14 03:44 AM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Quote:

No, it wasn't. I made the comment and I meant exactly what I said, and what I posted two posts before this one.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: madscientist] #1698640
11/18/14 09:50 AM
11/18/14 09:50 AM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
Quote:

Quote:

No, it wasn't. I made the comment and I meant exactly what I said, and what I posted two posts before this one.

so you weren't a fan of The Wayne county team either then right??

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: sixpackbee] #1698641
11/18/14 10:48 AM
11/18/14 10:48 AM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Quote:

The Chevies have pulled ahead a bit because the new DRCE4 head is now in use for most of the teams. Dodge could use a new head but with PS on its way out I doubt you see it.

I thought it was because of the new $6500 11 3/4 ring & pinion rear end with allmost no friction?

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: cudaman1969] #1698642
11/18/14 12:06 PM
11/18/14 12:06 PM
Western New York
sixpackbee Offline
master
sixpackbee  Offline
master

Western New York
By and large the only difference between cars is the power plant and sheet metal. Pretty much all the other stuff is common use. May be a few clutch/trans combinations that differ too. Personally if they want to save the class they need to look into engines that more closely resemble current offerings and FI with a flat hood so the cars look more in line too. Maybe factory stock type cars, COPO, Cobra Jet, Drag Pak, but with larger displacement and more advanced heads/valve train.

1959 Bugeye Sprite
1967 Charger Black L code
1967 Coronet R/T Convert Green 440 auto bought from original owner
1968 Charger R/T Bronze 440 4 spd console AM/FM
1969 Super Bee WM21H B5 A40 D21 N96
1969 Barracuda Formula S 340 Convert pilot car
1969 Hemi Road Runner RM23J D32 Omaha orange 4.10 Dana N96 N85
1970 Super Bee WM23N FE5 V1X 3.91 axle package, N96
1970 Road Runner RM21N B3 V1X D13
1971 MG Midget
1971 Road Runner RM23H GW3, A57
1972 Road Runner RM23P FY1, D21
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: sixpackbee] #1698643
11/18/14 03:02 PM
11/18/14 03:02 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
They ALL cheat is some shape, form or fashion. Some get caught, some don't. The great Smokey Yunick said if you aren't cheating, you aren't winning and that was the cold blooded truth. If you think your favorite team or driver is a bunch of "angels" who never attempts to circumvent the rule book........you live in LaLa land. And another thing, if it doesn't specifically say you CAN'T do something in the rule book, that makes it legal in mosts eyes.

You violate a "written" rule, they hit you pretty hard. Operate in the "grey area" of something not plainly spelled out, you get a "slap" and the rule clarified. Anyone who has ever seriously class raced knows how it works

Monte

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1698644
11/18/14 03:49 PM
11/18/14 03:49 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
The most clever thing I heard of was when GA and then later both Summit cars were dominant using the '85 degree' blocks. The decks were 90 degrees as were the bottoms of the bores (relative to one another), but the bores were offset 2 1/2 degrees toward the thrust angles in the block which reduced friction on the induction and power strokes (but conversely increased friction....less significantly.....on the compression and exhaust cycles).

Allegedly they got away with this for quite some time before they wrote rules specifically against doing it. It was a trick learned from the NASCAR guys.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: Streetwize] #1698645
11/18/14 03:58 PM
11/18/14 03:58 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^And stuff like THIS is why Pro-Stock is stupid expensive. You do what everybody else does, or lease motors from someone else, you will only EVER be as fast as they are. To go to the TOP, you have to think outside the box and try some crazy stuff. And that type development is CRAZY expensive, especially when it does NOT work and you have several VERY expensive door stops sitting around.

I was in Steve Schmidts shop several years ago and there was about a 20x20 storage room piled to the roof with heads, manifolds and camshafts. I asked him what that stuff was. Those were the parts that did NOT work. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in parts that amounted to junk

Monte

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1698646
11/18/14 10:57 PM
11/18/14 10:57 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

so you weren't a fan of The Wayne county team either then right??

Sure wasn't. Cheaters and thieves are nothing but kissing cousins.

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1698647
11/18/14 11:06 PM
11/18/14 11:06 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Quote:

They ALL cheat is some shape, form or fashion. Some get caught, some don't. The great Smokey Yunick said if you aren't cheating, you aren't winning and that was the cold blooded truth. If you think your favorite team or driver is a bunch of "angels" who never attempts to circumvent the rule book........you live in LaLa land. And another thing, if it doesn't specifically say you CAN'T do something in the rule book, that makes it legal in mosts eyes.

You violate a "written" rule, they hit you pretty hard. Operate in the "grey area" of something not plainly spelled out, you get a "slap" and the rule clarified. Anyone who has ever seriously class raced knows how it works

Monte

I might agree with you on the fuel cheating charge Jeg got popped for. I don't remember the EXACT issue, but it bordered on the fact that what he was blending was almost not a "gasoline" or even a "racing fuel". I really just kind of blew that off as racers being racers, then the details came out. I then thought maybe Jeg was over the line.

BUT, when he was caught, red handed, in Seattle, I realized that probably the fuel deal was as big a deal as WJ (and several others) made it out to be. The cheating is Seattle was the fact that at that time, in Pro Stock you could use an "electronic" shifter. I can't remember what the actual rule was (I don't save all my rule books any more) but the driver was still supposed to push the little button on top of the shifter. For the record, I hated the rule when it came out. Anyway, they (ESPN cameras) caught JEG, with BOTH hands on the wheel and the car shifting. We could all see it, and Ray Charles could hear it. The car was loose, but it shifted, and Jeg had BOTH hands on the wheel.

Yup, that's a CHEATER. By the money [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] (prostitute) AKA NHRA did very little because they didn't want to kill that goose.

Jeg=Cheater. Plain and simple.

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: madscientist] #1698648
11/18/14 11:28 PM
11/18/14 11:28 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Jeg (and others) were using propylene oxide. Nasty stuff, especially if no one is aware it is there.

Jeg got caught with an MSD fired air shifter, which lead to the manual shift rule.

Jeg also got seen on video letting go of a steering wheel mounted button in his Drag Pack. He has not raced the car since.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: slantzilla] #1698649
11/18/14 11:33 PM
11/18/14 11:33 PM
las vegas
70AARcuda Offline
master
70AARcuda  Offline
master

las vegas
Quote:

Jeg also got seen on video letting go of a steering wheel mounted button in his Drag Pack. He has not raced the car since.

Several years ago that was possible..stockers were using the msd two step to launch car...hence letting go of button...my friends 68 Barracuda 340 F/SA did the same thing but no one put a camera in his car...

now they moved the button to the brake pedal...

Tony

70 AARCuda Vitamin C
71 Dart Swinger 360 10.318 @ 128.22(10-04-14 Bakersfield)
71 Demon 360 10.666 @122.41 (01-29-17 @ Las Vegas)
71 Duster 408 (10.29 @ 127.86 3/16/19 Las Vegas)
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: madscientist] #1698650
11/19/14 01:31 AM
11/19/14 01:31 AM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So the cheater is leaving AGAIN.

Please elaborate...how/when did he cheat????

Maybe some one already answered this but I'm not reading the whole thread.

He was caught cheating on fuel at one point, and the gist of it was they were brewing their own crap and they were using know cancer causing agents in the fuel (among other things), and I don't remember the year.

The second time he was CAUGHT (I'm sure he was cheating long before he was caught) cheating with an automatic shifter. This happened in Seattle and again, I don't remember the year. Both times earned a rule change and a slap on the wrist.

He's a cheater and I'm glad to see him out of a Dodge.

I remember the shifter thing now that you mention it

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd
Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: madscientist] #1698651
11/19/14 03:28 PM
11/19/14 03:28 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I might agree with you on the fuel cheating charge Jeg got popped for. I don't remember the EXACT issue, but it bordered on the fact that what he was blending was almost not a "gasoline" or even a "racing fuel". I really just kind of blew that off as racers being racers, then the details came out. I then thought maybe Jeg was over the line.

BUT, when he was caught, red handed, in Seattle, I realized that probably the fuel deal was as big a deal as WJ (and several others) made it out to be. The cheating is Seattle was the fact that at that time, in Pro Stock you could use an "electronic" shifter. I can't remember what the actual rule was (I don't save all my rule books any more) but the driver was still supposed to push the little button on top of the shifter. For the record, I hated the rule when it came out. Anyway, they (ESPN cameras) caught JEG, with BOTH hands on the wheel and the car shifting. We could all see it, and Ray Charles could hear it. The car was loose, but it shifted, and Jeg had BOTH hands on the wheel.

Yup, that's a CHEATER. By the money [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] (prostitute) AKA NHRA did very little because they didn't want to kill that goose.

I am not arguing with you.......but if you think he is the only one, you are sorely mistaken. If they caught and got rid of EVERY team who tried to do something to gain their team an advantage, that MAY have been a little shady from a rules standpoint........there would be ZERO teams in the pits.

Monte

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1698652
11/19/14 04:11 PM
11/19/14 04:11 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I am not arguing with you.......but if you think he is the only one, you are sorely mistaken. If they caught and got rid of EVERY team who tried to do something to gain their team an advantage, that MAY have been a little shady from a rules standpoint........there would be ZERO teams in the pits.

Monte

I understand exactly what you are saying Monte. I myself, had to go to meet with the local circle jerk guys I was doing work for (on more than one occasion) because I did things I thought were within the "spirit" of the rules. I was successful every time, but the rules were rewritten to take away the advantage.

The difference is that at that time, the rules were clear you could use a button to shift the car. BUT, the driver had to hit the button. The current thinking was the cars were SO FAST no driver could catch 1st gear quick enough so they let them use the button.

Obviously, Jeg violated the "spirit" and the "letter" of the law.

As for the fuel, it wasn't just P.O. that they were using. They had blended a bunch of stuff that shouldn't have been there.

Thus, since then, VP has been the provider of Pro Stock fuel. Just another stupid rule because a CHEATER (Jeg) just couldn't win any other way. I'd be damned surprised if Jeg didn't cheat to win the 2013 championship.

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: madscientist] #1698653
11/19/14 05:07 PM
11/19/14 05:07 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
There is always a "grey" area in the rules. It simply said, "fuel must pass this and this spec"..........so if it does NOT say, you can't use this and you can't use this, as long as the fuel passed fuel check, he was legal. Because they DO check pro-Stock fuel after every run. So the obvious answer was "spec fuel". This takes the load off the tech dept and trying to figure out what guys MIGHT come up with for additives.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending anybody, just pointing out the mindset in a class such as this. EVERY team is looking for ANY advantage they can find and think they can get away with. Just like every chassis builder has body templates and they build the body to those templates. Now what the teams do AFTER that........who knows. Several teams have had bodies tossed and you KNOW it didn't come from Haas, Bickel, or Jones like that.

So bodies "tweaked", blocks bored "not straight", fuel "mixed", "hidden" shifters, "one off" shocks and a myriad of other things is just common everyday events in a class like this, where .001 MATTERS. So in the big picture..........they are ALL "cheaters"........LOL!!......So as smart as all these guys are, when one team all of a sudden "finds" a mph. You can bet they are being "creative" somewhere and tech WILL find it eventually

Monte

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1698654
11/19/14 05:20 PM
11/19/14 05:20 PM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
What exactly were the Greg and Jason doing with their Summit cars that caused them to keep catching fire when they made the turn onto the return road?.... and why haven't we seen that in a while?

Re: Jeggie leaving Pro Stock too... [Re: Duner] #1698655
11/19/14 05:26 PM
11/19/14 05:26 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

What exactly were the Greg and Jason doing with their Summit cars that caused them to keep catching fire when they made the turn onto the return road?.... and why haven't we seen that in a while?

Raw fuel in the headers..........imagine they changed their shutdown procedure

Monte

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5