10/16/14 02:00 AM
10/16/14 02:00 AM
California, USA
filmsurgeon Offline OP
mopar
filmsurgeon  Offline OP
mopar

California, USA
Need some help with my new front side markers. Regarding the pig tails : I can't figure out how the bulb socket of the pig tail secures to the bezel. I've searched this site for help, but still can't seem to figure it out from the prior posts/threads. I read where the pig tail's yellow connector gets pushed through the hole via the front of the bezel, but the hole is smaller than the width of the connector, and if this method were correct, I cannot see how the bulb socket would be tightly secured to the bezel. Consequently, the bezel hole for the bulb socket is too large for the socket to be attached from the rear. Also, there is a rubber washer that came with the new side markers. I don't know where on the pig tail this would go. Any help would be appreciated. BTW - I tried to fit the new pig tails into my original bezels, and it's the same situation. I'm not re-chroming my originals because they're just too badly pitted. Thank in advice for the help.

8301820-IMG_1953.JPG (61 downloads)
Re: '70 Challenger Side Markers (Bezels & Pig Tails) ??? [Re: filmsurgeon] #1686387
10/16/14 11:30 AM
10/16/14 11:30 AM
MD
floyd Offline
master
floyd  Offline
master

MD
I think the socket is inserted through the rear, then needs to be pressed/flared from the front. I'm guessing the rubber seal is on the rear between the socket and the back of the housing.

Re: '70 Challenger Side Markers (Bezels & Pig Tails) ??? [Re: floyd] #1686388
10/16/14 12:03 PM
10/16/14 12:03 PM
WNY
S
slimert Offline
mopar
slimert  Offline
mopar
S

WNY
Yes, Floyd nailed it. I've got a couple that I need to install.

Re: '70 Challenger Side Markers (Bezels & Pig Tails) ??? [Re: filmsurgeon] #1686389
10/16/14 12:39 PM
10/16/14 12:39 PM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Need some help with my new front side markers. Regarding the pig tails : I can't figure out how the bulb socket of the pig tail secures to the bezel. I've searched this site for help, but still can't seem to figure it out from the prior posts/threads. I read where the pig tail's yellow connector gets pushed through the hole via the front of the bezel, but the hole is smaller than the width of the connector, and if this method were correct, I cannot see how the bulb socket would be tightly secured to the bezel. Consequently, the bezel hole for the bulb socket is too large for the socket to be attached from the rear. Also, there is a rubber washer that came with the new side markers. I don't know where on the pig tail this would go. Any help would be appreciated. BTW - I tried to fit the new pig tails into my original bezels, and it's the same situation. I'm not re-chroming my originals because they're just too badly pitted. Thank in advice for the help.

I spy PG Classic parts? Send them to me Joe, I'll press them for you no charge. I made a special die I use to press all our pigtails "before" they're shipped.

You'll like to never get them in without the proper tools.

http://www.beaparts.com/item_detail.aspx?id=579

Last edited by HEMICUDA; 10/16/14 12:45 PM.
Re: '70 Challenger Side Markers (Bezels & Pig Tails) ??? [Re: HEMICUDA] #1686390
10/22/14 04:12 AM
10/22/14 04:12 AM
California, USA
filmsurgeon Offline OP
mopar
filmsurgeon  Offline OP
mopar

California, USA
Quote:

I spy PG Classic parts? Send them to me Joe, I'll press them for you no charge. I made a special die I use to press all our pigtails "before" they're shipped.

http://www.beaparts.com/item_detail.aspx?id=579

Thanks very much Mike. I'll send you a PM to make arrangements. I purchased these quite a while ago, and can't recall from which vendor. Could've been CI, or PGC. Next time, I'll know to buy from you. Best regards, Joe

Re: '70 Challenger Side Markers (Bezels & Pig Tails) ??? [Re: HEMICUDA] #1686391
10/22/14 05:31 PM
10/22/14 05:31 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
44D6PAKCUDA Offline
top fuel
44D6PAKCUDA  Offline
top fuel

Land of 10,000 Lakes

Hey Mike-Nice offer but are you willing to "price match" for your service

Re: '70 Challenger Side Markers (Bezels & Pig Tails) ??? [Re: 44D6PAKCUDA] #1686392
10/22/14 11:35 PM
10/22/14 11:35 PM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Hey Mike-Nice offer but are you willing to "price match" for your service

You bet Jim, I figure the service for free and I'll cover the return freight no charge. One thing that does bother me though, when you make an offer and the guy tries to change the terms! I told Joe on the phone, it's free or I'm not interested. Would you believe he's trying to pay me to fix his bezels? Some guys you just can't make happy.

Re: '70 Challenger Side Markers (Bezels & Pig Tails) ??? [Re: HEMICUDA] #1686393
10/23/14 02:01 AM
10/23/14 02:01 AM
California, USA
filmsurgeon Offline OP
mopar
filmsurgeon  Offline OP
mopar

California, USA
Quote:

One thing that does bother me though, when you make an offer and the guy tries to change the terms! I told Joe on the phone, it's free or I'm not interested. Would you believe he's trying to pay me to fix his bezels? Some guys you just can't make happy.

Talked to Mike today. Yup, tried to offer payment for helping me out, but he adamantly refused. Mike is a "stand-up" guy, and there are very few like him that we ("the MOPAR Enthusiasts Community") can go to for reliable and valuable service, and the best reproduction/restoration parts. Thanks again Mike for the entertaining conversion, and for going "above-and-beyond" to help me out. It will not go unrewarded.