wegner426 Offline
enthusiast
wegner426  Offline
enthusiast
W

Castle Rock, CO
Quote:

Quote:

What I was thinking was have the MS run the ford pwm controller. ford repair data provides the "ranges" that the computer commands to the module and the ms has a generic pwm output that may drive it (this is what I am using to drive the PWM governor solenoid on my 518 trans for example), or it could be driven with the ms gpio via can bus since the GPIO has a wider range of frequencies it can support. From what I have seen (in the ford data), there are 3 commanded frequenties to the FPDM. I'll see if I can find the charts with this data again

I came across the same information somewhere, its on some 50% scale of some sort. 50% duty cycle supplied to the FPDM is 100% pump power. I read it on a MS forum somewhere along the lines. I also read into Ford guys running dual FPDMs, both in parallel to split the load of the fuel pump between the two. They can overheat, apparently, and crap out.

A the moment the Gen5 stock Camaro pump is what I'm after. There's a decent chance that I will start it out with straight power and not mess with the PWM at first, it should be able to take that just fine with the lighter pressure regulator. For mounting it, I'll be laser-cutting some parts to make my own steel weld-in ring and run it that way, like the VetteWorx...but not stainless of course.

Goody, let me know if you get set up to get the ring cut out of steel. If possible I would like one out of Aluminum at the same time. I of course would pay for it. I have an aluminum tank in my basement that was purchased from Hot rod city garage that was the biggest hack job EFI tank you could possibly imagine and would like to convert it to run the Gen 5 Camaro modules. I am currently running the Vaporworx setup in the Ricks hot rod shop tank and it has been absolutely flawless. This would give me a tank for another car. I am sure Hot rod city garage can make a fine tank for carbed setup, but not for EFI.

Re: Modifying Stock E-body Tank - EFI + Baffling [Re: wegner426] #1682251
11/01/14 06:21 PM
11/01/14 06:21 PM
Texas
GoodysGotaCuda Offline OP
5.7L Hemi, 6spd
GoodysGotaCuda  Offline OP
5.7L Hemi, 6spd

Texas
Quote:

Goody, let me know if you get set up to get the ring cut out of steel. If possible I would like one out of Aluminum at the same time. I of course would pay for it. I have an aluminum tank in my basement that was purchased from Hot rod city garage that was the biggest hack job EFI tank you could possibly imagine and would like to convert it to run the Gen 5 Camaro modules. I am currently running the Vaporworx setup in the Ricks hot rod shop tank and it has been absolutely flawless. This would give me a tank for another car. I am sure Hot rod city garage can make a fine tank for carbed setup, but not for EFI.

I will let you know, at this time I have no plans to cut aluminum. I'd be using someone's laser [for a friend fee] so I'm not sure how often I can get onto the machine. I could send you the .dxf file when I get it done and any place with a laser/waterjet/CNC plasma could cut it out.

Re: Modifying Stock E-body Tank - EFI + Baffling [Re: GoodysGotaCuda] #1682252
11/02/14 11:54 PM
11/02/14 11:54 PM
Castle Rock, CO
W
wegner426 Offline
enthusiast
wegner426  Offline
enthusiast
W

Castle Rock, CO
Sounds great Goody, thanks.