T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

I apoligize for affending so many people by asking who races a stroker RB in a stock block.....I had no idea so many people would get so upset about racing a stroker motor with a stock block....I was just looking for relavent info on anybody who had run one and who's kit they used and what issues they encountered. I will probably still go my way if money allows. From our end we see no issue with it as it is only 1/8th more stroke in either direction than we run now.

And I will mention this about after market blocks that many on here say are the best thing since sliced bread....There are all kinds of issues with those as well. At least with a factory block, I know it will assemble well if all the parts I purchased are good. Aftermarket block not so much, and then you have to start those uncomfortable discussions with them so you can get it fixed....Like who pays for it, who fixes it, who pays for shipping etc...

Although I`m only at 470 cubes, I spin the snot out of my 400 low deck and have been for 13+ years and at my last and 3rd freshen up, Jason Pettis commented on how little cap walk I had even compared to some "better" blocks............I was shocked and I know cap walk is only one concern but it was refreshing to say the least.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Who's running a 543 Wedge in a Stock Block? [Re: DusterDave] #1671330
09/19/14 02:31 PM
09/19/14 02:31 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline OP
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline OP
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Quote:

Quote:

I apoligize for affending so many people by asking who races a stroker RB in a stock block.....I had no idea so many people would get so upset about racing a stroker motor with a stock block....I was just looking for relavent info on anybody who had run one and who's kit they used and what issues they encountered. I will probably still go my way if money allows. From our end we see no issue with it as it is only 1/8th more stroke in either direction than we run now.

And I will mention this about after market blocks that many on here say are the best thing since sliced bread....There are all kinds of issues with those as well. At least with a factory block, I know it will assemble well if all the parts I purchased are good. Aftermarket block not so much, and then you have to start those uncomfortable discussions with them so you can get it fixed....Like who pays for it, who fixes it, who pays for shipping etc...

Randy, I wasn't offended. I was just offering my opinion, FWIW.

Actually I wasn't refering to your post, but there were two other threads started and they weren't real pretty. I run two cars and the race car gets theleft over per say...My street car has a brand new block in it, and I will tell you I was not real happy with the mfgr's response when we had a problem with it, so we fixed it oursevles.

Either way, we have a race program and other than a cam failure and some rockers arms, we have had some very good seasons with our 512.....I figured for a spare, we would build it the same, and go for the bigger one....Seems to work.

'70 Cuda,...605 EFI Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown 440 Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk
Re: Who's running a 543 Wedge in a Stock Block? [Re: Dragula] #1671331
09/19/14 04:19 PM
09/19/14 04:19 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
I wouldn't say you offended anybody. Just several think big HP in a stock block is a bad idea, or a hope and pray situation at best (me included) and were offering up those opinions. Others look at these threads for guidance as well, so the information would also be for people other than you. Like has already been said, if YOU are comfortable with what you are doing and willing to take the risks, that's fine. It's your money, your time, your car. Others were only offering opinions based on their own experiences. I know myself, I have seen cracked main webs in numerous stock RB and B blocks. Some with LOTS of cap chatter marks, and some with none, so don't limit your inspection to cap mating surfaces only

Monte

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3