07/30/14 10:02 PM
07/30/14 10:02 PM
Janesville, WI
SpareParts Offline
pro stock
SpareParts  Offline
pro stock

Janesville, WI
You missed it again. Stop being hung up on a Buick nobody is talking about, I am done talking to you, myself and others would like this thread to stay unlocked so please post elsewhere. You're not here to learn or ask questions just bash on what you can't do. Enjoy your vehicles and let the rest enjoy theirs.

Re: Attn Steff [Re: ] #1652822
07/30/14 10:03 PM
07/30/14 10:03 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
Here is a .030 over fresh KB Hemi with a Hilborn and twin turbo plenums just waiting for someone to build.

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com
Re: Attn Steff [Re: sunroofgtx] #1652823
07/30/14 11:59 PM
07/30/14 11:59 PM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
Lets not get this one locked up, please.

Re: Attn Steff [Re: Guitar Jones] #1652824
07/31/14 01:16 AM
07/31/14 01:16 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Now before the complaining starts........anybody who knows where a 600" Mopar wedge is, that will make 1200hp in nitrous ready trim and swallow about 1000hp worth of nitrous and stay in one piece........feel free to point me in the direction of that motor and I will also supply you with my paypal for you to deposit the 40-50k it will require to obtain said "bigfoot" motor. I call that motor "bigfoot" because many claim it exists, yet nobody has seen it or seem to know where it is..........LOL!!!

Perhaps I'm wrong but, other than the 700+ CI stuff making 1200 in NOS trim, I don't think it's possible. I know lot's of people like to tout HP numbers like that, but when the rubber meets the road, it doesn't pan out with something that is able to take 500 HP of NOS, much less a 1000 HP. Good luck with your quest! These are the posts that are interesting to me.

While I appreciate what Monte has done and all the knowledge he shares if it all boils down to you can't do that with a Mopar there is a reason for that. It's because no one wants to put forth the effort, time or money to do it. With the plethoria of BBC and SBF stuff out there there isn't any reason for the aftermarket to support the Mopar stuff. Blame who you want but it's simple economics.

To each their own and everyone has their goals but either way if I have to have a BBC, a Turbo 400 and a 9" Ford to win races I'll find another way to do it or another field to play in because my pockets aren't that deep and I just don't care to run the same stuff everyone else has.

I'm not knocking you Monte, you have accomplished a lot, with the Mopar stuff as well and showed a lot of us just what it is capable of of. I just wish you or someone would continue to develop that. The reason "Bigfoot" doesn't exist is because once guys like you reach a certain level you see what the Chevy and Ford boys are doing and what they have to work with and you just give up. If you can't beat them, join them.

Best of luck to you, it's your life but I understand how others can get aggravated with the Chevy this, Ford that posts.

This is where you are wrong. The motor I have sitting in the floor, makes 1180 HP in nitrous trim and has had 1000hp worth of nitrous pumped through it countless times. The point was, direct me to the Mopar wedge that can produce the same numbers......it simply does NOT exist. Also it is not that there are not racers who would run such parts......it is simply that the parts don't exist to do it with. I can't buy something that isn't made. You can't give up on something that never was.

A HEMI is out of the question, because they are NOT a very nitrous friendly combo. Even the Sonny's "Chemi" is not a nitrous friendly combo. For nitrous you need a wedge type head, period, end of story. So moving back to the Mopar side of things, exactly what parts would you suggest to get the job done? The answer again is they don't exist. The BEST, I mean the absolute BEST wedge head you can get for a wedge Mopar is the TS and that is light years behind current other brand technology. Not to mention the fact that to do a TS motor RIGHT, requires a serious outlay of cash, as parts are non existent which means lots of custom stuff. Then we have the bore limits of the Mopar at 4.800 bore space. 4.560 is the MAX and leaves no room between cylinders when punched that big...........Now you CAN get the TS heads in a 4.840 bore space, that's what mine are, but then what block you going to put them on?...........My small cube TS motor I was putting together is a custom Donovan block, that was ordered with the "Wayne County" bolt pattern for the 4.840 TS heads. It was ordered with a blank lifter bore and then sent to LSM for a custom billet cam and to put the lifter bores in the block where they needed to be for proper geometry. No intake on earth for this, so we took a Big Chief Chevy, cut it in 4 pieces and "made" an intake.......So why not put this motor in the car is the obvious question some will ask. The answer is that it is TOO small. At the time I started it, super street rules were weight per cubic inch. I calculated what I thought I could make the car weigh and built the motor to fit. The motor was going to be 421 inches, so the block was custom ordered with a 9.200 deck height. You can't get stroke in that deck height, so basically that motor is useless at this point, other than a neat conversation piece. I am having some deck spacers made for it to bump it to a 10.2 deck, but as stated earlier, that will require an all new rotating assy as well as another custom, one off $1200 cam shaft and another intake..........So you can't say I am "giving up" on the Mopar, but I also ain't made of money and the Chevy is in the floor, fresh, free and ready to go. Now maybe if we make some money with the thing, I can finish the TS motor. But I KNOW at BEST, it will be over 100hp down of the Chevy, because the heads are simply NOT as good and can't be made so within the existing castings.

Somebody else mentioned duplicating the combo that WAS in the car and make it go the 5.0s and 7.80s I said I thought it would go.......Why? To what purpose? Just to say I have the fastest 446" single fogger, B-1 Mopar. Yeah, that claim and 10 cents would get me a stick of gum. For what we want to do, it needs to be FAST and 5.0s ain't fast these days.

Monte

Re: Attn Steff [Re: n20mstr] #1652825
07/31/14 01:37 AM
07/31/14 01:37 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Monte.....good luck, all I can say when I read your posts on here.....you are a glutton for punishment....LMAO !

You should know by now........haters don't bother me man.......LOL.........they hatin on me they just giving somebody else a break. They are just faceless words typed on a screen.......don't mean nothing to me..........LOL!!!

I also don't do anything for anyone elses approval. I do things to reach MY goals and what I want to accomplish. If others don't share that view.......that's cool, doesn't bother me

Monte

Re: Attn Steff [Re: Airwoofer] #1652826
07/31/14 02:20 AM
07/31/14 02:20 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Could we at least keep this a little more "on point" without all the pissing matches. Maybe just maybe if some can keep their fingers in check folks here might learn something or at least get some insight in to the state of things with concern to Mopars and making big power.

So I ask can we try and keep it civil. I know that is REALLY hard from some folks but at least give it a try for ONE thread!!

I will now get off my soap box..

Re: Attn Steff [Re: Al_Alguire] #1652827
07/31/14 03:06 AM
07/31/14 03:06 AM
Oh
H
His and Her 69's Offline
pro stock
His and Her 69's  Offline
pro stock
H

Oh
A friend had a 588 mopar based engine in NOS trim make 940 hp and it wasn't a maxed out effort. He had the B1MC heads on it and I am sure they were not maxed out either. I don't know some of the engine details but I would think over 1000 hp wouldn't be really hard to do. Nowadays there is the Predator heads and better parts out there then when he did it. He went 8.60 at 160 in a 4000 lb car and probably about 600 hp of NOS slowly brought in. He needed less weight and bigger tires to handle a bigger NOS amount to go faster but this was around 2004 when he did this.

What does Gumpy, Bigtime, or Digby make for hp?? All though bigtime isn't using NOS.
Just wondering, also Good Luck Monty on your car.
David

Re: Attn Steff [Re: His and Her 69's] #1652828
07/31/14 03:36 AM
07/31/14 03:36 AM
Union grove,wi
C
cj391 Offline
cj391  Offline
C

Union grove,wi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woiRbJq-QAw

digby's motor. no sound though

Re: Attn Steff [Re: Monte_Smith] #1652829
07/31/14 04:16 AM
07/31/14 04:16 AM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now before the complaining starts........anybody who knows where a 600" Mopar wedge is, that will make 1200hp in nitrous ready trim and swallow about 1000hp worth of nitrous and stay in one piece........feel free to point me in the direction of that motor and I will also supply you with my paypal for you to deposit the 40-50k it will require to obtain said "bigfoot" motor. I call that motor "bigfoot" because many claim it exists, yet nobody has seen it or seem to know where it is..........LOL!!!

Perhaps I'm wrong but, other than the 700+ CI stuff making 1200 in NOS trim, I don't think it's possible. I know lot's of people like to tout HP numbers like that, but when the rubber meets the road, it doesn't pan out with something that is able to take 500 HP of NOS, much less a 1000 HP. Good luck with your quest! These are the posts that are interesting to me.

While I appreciate what Monte has done and all the knowledge he shares if it all boils down to you can't do that with a Mopar there is a reason for that. It's because no one wants to put forth the effort, time or money to do it. With the plethoria of BBC and SBF stuff out there there isn't any reason for the aftermarket to support the Mopar stuff. Blame who you want but it's simple economics.

To each their own and everyone has their goals but either way if I have to have a BBC, a Turbo 400 and a 9" Ford to win races I'll find another way to do it or another field to play in because my pockets aren't that deep and I just don't care to run the same stuff everyone else has.

I'm not knocking you Monte, you have accomplished a lot, with the Mopar stuff as well and showed a lot of us just what it is capable of of. I just wish you or someone would continue to develop that. The reason "Bigfoot" doesn't exist is because once guys like you reach a certain level you see what the Chevy and Ford boys are doing and what they have to work with and you just give up. If you can't beat them, join them.

Best of luck to you, it's your life but I understand how others can get aggravated with the Chevy this, Ford that posts.

This is where you are wrong. The motor I have sitting in the floor, makes 1180 HP in nitrous trim and has had 1000hp worth of nitrous pumped through it countless times. The point was, direct me to the Mopar wedge that can produce the same numbers......it simply does NOT exist. Also it is not that there are not racers who would run such parts......it is simply that the parts don't exist to do it with. I can't buy something that isn't made. You can't give up on something that never was.

A HEMI is out of the question, because they are NOT a very nitrous friendly combo. Even the Sonny's "Chemi" is not a nitrous friendly combo. For nitrous you need a wedge type head, period, end of story. So moving back to the Mopar side of things, exactly what parts would you suggest to get the job done? The answer again is they don't exist. The BEST, I mean the absolute BEST wedge head you can get for a wedge Mopar is the TS and that is light years behind current other brand technology. Not to mention the fact that to do a TS motor RIGHT, requires a serious outlay of cash, as parts are non existent which means lots of custom stuff. Then we have the bore limits of the Mopar at 4.800 bore space. 4.560 is the MAX and leaves no room between cylinders when punched that big...........Now you CAN get the TS heads in a 4.840 bore space, that's what mine are, but then what block you going to put them on?...........My small cube TS motor I was putting together is a custom Donovan block, that was ordered with the "Wayne County" bolt pattern for the 4.840 TS heads. It was ordered with a blank lifter bore and then sent to LSM for a custom billet cam and to put the lifter bores in the block where they needed to be for proper geometry. No intake on earth for this, so we took a Big Chief Chevy, cut it in 4 pieces and "made" an intake.......So why not put this motor in the car is the obvious question some will ask. The answer is that it is TOO small. At the time I started it, super street rules were weight per cubic inch. I calculated what I thought I could make the car weigh and built the motor to fit. The motor was going to be 421 inches, so the block was custom ordered with a 9.200 deck height. You can't get stroke in that deck height, so basically that motor is useless at this point, other than a neat conversation piece. I am having some deck spacers made for it to bump it to a 10.2 deck, but as stated earlier, that will require an all new rotating assy as well as another custom, one off $1200 cam shaft and another intake..........So you can't say I am "giving up" on the Mopar, but I also ain't made of money and the Chevy is in the floor, fresh, free and ready to go. Now maybe if we make some money with the thing, I can finish the TS motor. But I KNOW at BEST, it will be over 100hp down of the Chevy, because the heads are simply NOT as good and can't be made so within the existing castings.

Somebody else mentioned duplicating the combo that WAS in the car and make it go the 5.0s and 7.80s I said I thought it would go.......Why? To what purpose? Just to say I have the fastest 446" single fogger, B-1 Mopar. Yeah, that claim and 10 cents would get me a stick of gum. For what we want to do, it needs to be FAST and 5.0s ain't fast these days.

Monte

A Gen 3 hemi went over 200 mph

I would rather see you with mopar power.

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: Attn Steff [Re: sixpackgut] #1652830
07/31/14 04:18 AM
07/31/14 04:18 AM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Digby's engine is for sale.

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: Attn Steff [Re: sixpackgut] #1652831
07/31/14 09:14 AM
07/31/14 09:14 AM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Quote:

Digby's engine is for sale.

No he changed his mind and is racing his car again with the predator motor in it.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: Attn Steff [Re: 1967dartgt] #1652832
07/31/14 09:17 AM
07/31/14 09:17 AM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
I am curious of Monte's opinion on the predator head also.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: Attn Steff [Re: 1967dartgt] #1652833
07/31/14 10:56 AM
07/31/14 10:56 AM
New Brunswick, Canada
T
TrxR Offline
super stock
TrxR  Offline
super stock
T

New Brunswick, Canada
Antoher thing I am looking at is the fact that even though the BBC he is going to be using is a Chevy based design I seriously doubt the is a single chevy part on it or in it. How many aftermarket parts does it take before its not a chevy or mopar anymore?

Re: Attn Steff [Re: TrxR] #1652834
07/31/14 11:22 AM
07/31/14 11:22 AM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
G

in a cattle trailer down by th...
Quote:

Antoher thing I am looking at is the fact that even though the BBC he is going to be using is a Chevy based design I seriously doubt the is a single chevy part on it or in it. How many aftermarket parts does it take before its not a chevy or mopar anymore?

That is just not a valid argument because unless it's a completely new design then it will always be a Chevy, Ford or Mopar engine, regardless of whether there are any factory parts on it or what name is on the valve covers.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: Attn Steff [Re: D-50] #1652835
07/31/14 11:29 AM
07/31/14 11:29 AM
Huntsville, AL
A
Airwoofer Offline
mopar
Airwoofer  Offline
mopar
A

Huntsville, AL
Quote:

I will be glad to see it out again. I saw it running at Lassiter Mountain Dragway back in the mid 90's running in the heads up street car class. I think it ran some 5.60's.

They ran KOS at Lassiter back in the day? I would like to see that return to this area for sure! Think I have a ride to do it with. There are enough very fast street cars around here to make a field but they would have to keep the rules simple and inclusive. X275 IMO is way slanted to the ferd rustangs.

Where you gonna get those glass doors Monte? Do they have to be custom made since it seems nobody makes anything for our old stuff anymore. I would love to shed a bunch of useless weight on the doors on both of my Demons.

I would love to have you evaluate what you think the heads on my 499 are but I think Adger Smith knows what he did when he built them. They are going back there for fixing so maybe that will help him remember all the details. He mentioned something about Wayne County the first time I talked with him and I thought that was some location. Turns out I have some kind of goofy lifter angle also that requires the cam lobes to be cut to match. Nice to know before ordering a new cam!

Re: Attn Steff [Re: Airwoofer] #1652836
07/31/14 11:38 AM
07/31/14 11:38 AM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
Glasstek, makes doors for 68-70 B bodies.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Attn Steff [Re: Monte_Smith] #1652837
07/31/14 12:17 PM
07/31/14 12:17 PM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Monte this is really interesting. Do you have pics of the modified intake? (if you don't mind showing them)

Thanks for the insight into the exotic side of engine building.

Don

Re: Attn Steff [Re: 1967dartgt] #1652838
07/31/14 12:33 PM
07/31/14 12:33 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Quote:

I am curious of Monte's opinion on the predator head also.

I'm curious about the Predator head also. It still doesn't solve the block deal though.

Re: Attn Steff [Re: Monte_Smith] #1652839
07/31/14 12:41 PM
07/31/14 12:41 PM
Huntsville, AL
A
Airwoofer Offline
mopar
Airwoofer  Offline
mopar
A

Huntsville, AL
Quote:

Quote:

Monte.....good luck, all I can say when I read your posts on here.....you are a glutton for punishment....LMAO !

You should know by now........haters don't bother me man.......LOL.........they hatin on me they just giving somebody else a break. They are just faceless words typed on a screen.......don't mean nothing to me..........LOL!!!

I also don't do anything for anyone elses approval. I do things to reach MY goals and what I want to accomplish. If others don't share that view.......that's cool, doesn't bother me

Monte

My opinion is I think it is cool that you are keeping the GTX body stlye for a car that will be very fast if you run it in the 1/4 and will surely be giving up a lot in aero drag at the far end. Not as much in the 1/8 but at 150 MPH it is still significant. That thing is no where near "egg shaped" like the modern cars.

BTW, I am not hating cause like I said I like seeing Mopars at the track, for a change. And my Demon is certanly not aerodynamic with that recessed grill.

Re: Attn Steff [Re: Airwoofer] #1652840
07/31/14 02:05 PM
07/31/14 02:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

My opinion is I think it is cool that you are keeping the GTX body stlye for a car that will be very fast if you run it in the 1/4 and will surely be giving up a lot in aero drag at the far end. Not as much in the 1/8 but at 150 MPH it is still significant. That thing is no where near "egg shaped" like the modern cars.

That is the puzzling part....if you are going to every extent to be as fast as possible, why use a 69 Plymouth body skin ?? And trying/expecting to make money at racing ???

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8