07/10/14 09:22 PM
07/10/14 09:22 PM
Long Island NY
M
Mikey Clams Offline OP
Mikey Clams  Offline OP
M

Long Island NY
To my MOPARTS friends. Just wanted to update you guys and gals on what's been going on. I have been real busy trying to purchase this little piece of Drag Racing Heaven and finally it happened in the Good Lords time not mine. I visited the track on Jan 18, it was 4 degrees out. I made an offer for a Track that was advertised as Turnkey. It was more like the carcass of a Turkey after Christmas dinner. There were so many issues people were telling I must be sick in the head but we all know we all are, once bitten by this bug. I just closed on the track on June 25th. I met with the Track Managers, Town Officials, Carlisle Events, Track RFC Chaplain, weekly racers, tech people, former owner, neighbors, people who just love this track and have been going to Quarter Aces since it first opened in 1962. The original Members of the quarter Aces Car Club who started to build this track in 1958 the year that I was born were there. If I had it my way we would have had a Meet and Greet on May 4th and had a big bash with us putting together a full schedule instead of July 4th weekend we were the Quarter Aces, South Mountain Dragway, Boiling Springs community of race fans spent it with me busting there butts getting the track cleaned up after that long hard winter not to mention the carnage and pilferage it endured. July 5th all that was left was to have the Timing system replaced. On June 26th contracted Mr. Tom Haggin of TSI Timing systems to replace the system that disappeared and was going to be fully installed by Thursday and he assured us that we would be racing on Friday. Well as some of you have heard Mr. Tom Haggin passed on July 4t. And there was no way we could make this happen. So with that we all knew Tom would have wanted us to “Drag Race and Carry on” so we are doing a Street Legal Cars Only $20 per car load $20. to “Choose Your Challenger” and just have some fun. We were trying to make it a soft opening but not with out an accurate timing system. Come to the Mountain, do some burnouts and blow the carbon out without the fear of a getting a Ticket. We just put up a quick web site for details. If you can’t stop by on your way home we will see you Next Year the Good Lord willing on Friday July 10th 2015. Until than be safe do it on the Strip not the Street. Mike Natoli and the Folks of South Mountain Raceway.

Re: Drag Racing @ Carlisle Sunday July 13 [Re: Mikey Clams] #1645097
07/10/14 09:46 PM
07/10/14 09:46 PM
Long Island, New York
W
W7 Duster Offline
W7 Duster  Offline
W

Long Island, New York
Best of luck Mike! You are an awesome guy and a good person!