07/05/14 11:28 AM
07/05/14 11:28 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline OP
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline OP
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Does anyone know the part number for a pertronix II for a electronic dist? Do they make one for electronic? Cause I have been looking and can't find one. Find them for point's and dual points. I did search and goggle the other day and found many posts about pertronix, but did not find a answer. I'm confused and any help would be appreciated.

Re: Pertronix for chysler electronic distributers. [Re: Challenger 1] #1642191
07/05/14 12:08 PM
07/05/14 12:08 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Quote:

Do they make one for electronic?

I've seen a few recent vague references to that effect. If not then not sure if you could swap a point cam over to your electronic or not (to use the point based P) as an option. Just me with an electronic If I wanted to get away from the cumbersome Mopar ECU I'd bolt an HEI module under the dist. Some one sells a tailor made plate for that but it's pricey and it is easy to make your self (use alum for the heat transfer) and radio shack heat sink paste. Just thinking out loud till my coffee is ready

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Pertronix for chysler electronic distributers. [Re: RapidRobert] #1642192
07/05/14 01:01 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline OP
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline OP
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
I think I messed up and ordered the wrong one?
I got 91382 for a chysler 8 cyl "dual point"

I didn't notice the dual point when I ordered.

I have both, single point type and electronic here apart and I don't see where the mounting place would be on either and the relucter/trigger wheel won't fit over either dist shaft.

So I have a electronic one with mechanical advance all welded up and would like to try a pertronix II in it. Can that be done? Looked for a pertronix trigger wheel for a chysler electronic V-8 dist but could not find one.

These are SB dist I'm messing with.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 07/05/14 07:34 PM.
Re: Pertronix for chysler electronic distributers. [Re: Challenger 1] #1642193
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Does anyone know the part number for a pertronix II for a electronic dist? Do they make one for electronic? Cause I have been looking and can't find one. Find them for point's and dual points. I did search and goggle the other day and found many posts about pertronix, but did not find a answer. I'm confused and any help would be appreciated.

Seeing that you didn't list your application, I'll assume Chrysler V8?....

Pertronix has only one kit for retrofitting Chrysler Electronic Ignition distributors that I know of Pertronix PN# 9CH-181 it's a Pertronix II set up, it's for smblk application (NOT FOR LEAN BURN CHRYSLER SET UP)...as far as a Bblk application, this kit MAY be applicable, your best contacting Pertronix directly for that info

FYI, use the Pertronix II Flame thrower coil recommended (IMHO the epoxy version is the way to go) no solid core spark plug wires, DO ELIMINATE the ballast resistor for a true 12 V application, plus ridding yourself of a weak link in the system, don't leave the dist with the IGN supplying 12 Volts for longer than 20-30 seconds without the engine running, or HallCell damage can/may result, use a copper dist terminal cap only

Mike

Re: Pertronix for chysler electronic distributers. [Re: DAYCLONA] #1642194
07/05/14 01:07 PM
07/05/14 01:07 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline OP
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline OP
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Seeing that you didn't list your application, I'll assume Chrysler V8?....

Pertronix has only one kit for retrofitting Chrysler Electronic Ignition distributors that I know of Pertronix PN# 9CH-181 it's a Pertronix II set up, it's for smblk application (NOT FOR LEAN BURN CHRYSLER SET UP)...as far as a Bblk application, this kit MAY be applicable, your best contacting Pertronix directly for that info

FYI, use the Pertronix II Flame thrower coil recommended (IMHO the epoxy version is the way to go) no solid core spark plug wires, DO ELIMINATE the ballast resistor for a true 12 V application, plus ridding yourself of a weak link in the system, don't leave the dist with the IGN supplying 12 Volts for longer than 20-30 seconds without the engine running, or HallCell damage can/may result, use a copper dist terminal cap only

Mike

Thank you! good stuff there.

Re: Pertronix for chysler electronic distributers. [Re: Challenger 1] #1642195
07/05/14 01:11 PM
07/05/14 01:11 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Gary

Pertronix kit 9CH-181 is for a smblk Chrysler Electronic Ignition distributor, but I have confirmed from Pertronix's site info that it will also fit Bblk Chrysler Electronic Ignition distributors applications as well...

Mike

Re: Pertronix for chysler electronic distributers. [Re: DAYCLONA] #1642196
07/05/14 01:44 PM
07/05/14 01:44 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline OP
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline OP
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Gary

Pertronix kit 9CH-181 is for a smblk Chrysler Electronic Ignition distributor, but I have confirmed from Pertronix's site info that it will also fit Bblk Chrysler Electronic Ignition distributors applications as well...

Mike

I was thinking both were the same BB- SB? V-8 for sure, what else is there?

I just ordered it and the coil from Summit, Thanks and I will by pass the ballast resister. Already run the brass terminal caps and good rotors

It looks totally different than the one I have here now, so hopefully it'll fit. Thanks again.