I just bought a 98.5 24V CTD 5sp. 3500 QuadCab LWB at a local city impound auction. It has 324K showing on odometer. It does not have a lift pump near the filter at the side of the engine so I guess it is in the tank. The fuel filter has a 100psi gauge mounted on top of it. It is not starting and to my 73 year old ears I am never hearing the lift pump run or any pressure on the gauge. Got a 01 service manual on CD off eGag but it still shows the orig. style lift pump setup. Where are the connectors under the truck that the wiring to the tank would go thru? I am going to try to disconnect the connector on top of the tank and check for voltage there but it must go thru other connectors somewhere. When I first started working on it it showed empty tank and I put nearly 5 gal. in it, no change, I moved some wires under the truck and suddenly showed a full tank but now it is showing empty again. I know the lift pump should run for 2 sec. at switch on and 25 sec. when you bump the starter. Any Ideas?
Bryce

Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free. The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I am here to help!"