weird hydroboost problem #1545552
12/09/13 12:39 AM
12/09/13 12:39 AM
R
r3dplanet Offline OP
r3dplanet  Offline OP
R

Hi there.

I need help from a knowledgeable hydroboost guru. I installed a hydroboost system in my '65 Cuda a few years back and it always worked great, except for an irritating whine that I eventually discovered to be caused by the booster itself. So this month I finally got around to replacing it with a re-man from Baxter Auto. The whine is no longer present, which is nice. The steering works perfectly but the brakes are really goofy. I can build pressure when the front wheels are off the ground for bleeding purposes, but after I turn the steering wheel lock to lock the brake pedal can be pushed straight to the floor. This is weird because after an hour of pumping the brakes slowly and turning the wheel lock-to-lock to bleed out the air I'm quite certain that there's no air in the system. The brake pedal feels nice and firm until I steer lock-to-lock and then there's no brake pressure again.

Help? It's possible that the "new" booster is bad, but I don't want to replace it again if there's something else I'm missing.

Thanks!

Re: weird hydroboost problem [Re: r3dplanet] #1545553
12/09/13 08:50 AM
12/09/13 08:50 AM
Warren, MI
J
Jerry Offline
master
Jerry  Offline
master
J

Warren, MI