Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: USCA- Series [Re: Mopar Mitch] #1532178
11/13/13 04:34 PM
11/13/13 04:34 PM
On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.
amxautox  Offline

And it'll cost ya $64,000 for all that along with entry fees, travel expenses, etc.

Tom

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

Re: USCA- Series [Re: amxautox] #1532179
11/13/13 04:47 PM
11/13/13 04:47 PM
Houston Tx
Uhcoog1 Offline
super stock
Uhcoog1  Offline
super stock

Houston Tx
What's the entry fee like? Total track time?

If it's priced similar to the other road racing options in Texas, I'll do the one at Texas Motor Speedway.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course
Re: USCA- Series [Re: Mopar Mitch] #1532180
11/13/13 05:12 PM
11/13/13 05:12 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Other than the first-priority being the "nut-behind the wheel" (you, the driver).. and the constant driving skill improvement along with track/road course familiarization, I suggest something in this order:

tires (and rims)
brakes (pads/shoes)
shocks
suspension/stiffening
sway bars
alignment and weight balancing (side-to-side weight balancing after the front/rear is figured)
rear gear ratio determination
engine reliability = oiling system... oil pan; valvetrain
vehicle weight reduction (pending class rules)
engine power

driver's seat/harness ... sooner rather than later

What will you do: drive to/from or trailer the car? (race tires? street tires?)

Figure upon a "commitment" towards a season of events and the overall cost involved... can you do it??? (the $64k question!)

Look forward to more friendships with the people you'll meet!

Mitch, I have the most respect for your expertise and helpful attitude here repeatedly, and I'll add only 2 minor points, hugely safely oriented IMO, constantly fresh brake fluid, and brake ducts of any kind, but I must be out of the loop here on this entire event, because it is flat out dangerous to one self, and others and the cars to take a typical over powered, unsorted out 40 year old car and go fender to fender with others on high speed tracks with a driver who may zero seat time. I don't get how this is being addressed, did I miss something? Because anybody with road course seat time will have already experienced/learned the suggestions you have mentioned, therefore my puzzlement. And being a rolling chicane doesn't win many friends. It sounds like a blast, but wadded up sheet metal because a novice used your rear bumper as an emergency brake gets real old fast.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: USCA- Series [Re: jcc] #1532181
11/13/13 05:15 PM
11/13/13 05:15 PM
amxautox Offline
amxautox  Offline

I thought I'd read that it was a timed event, not side-by-side competition.

Quote:

The Road Course competition is a timed event that establishes the ability of the car and driver to negotiate a variety of turns and straightaways in the shortest time. Very simply, this is the test to see how closely a street car can perform in real road racing conditions.

The Road Course competition is purely time based with the lowest time receiving the highest score.

Last edited by amxautox; 11/13/13 05:17 PM.

Tom

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

Re: USCA- Series [Re: amxautox] #1532182
11/13/13 05:22 PM
11/13/13 05:22 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
That would address being punted by others for sure, except in order to have a decent amount of track time on the larger courses, there be multiple cars on the track at once, and keeping them all separated a task with differing speeds, skills, etc.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: USCA- Series [Re: jcc] #1532183
11/13/13 05:32 PM
11/13/13 05:32 PM
Woodinville, WA
Viol8r Offline OP
super stock
Viol8r  Offline OP
super stock

Woodinville, WA
Quote:

That would address being punted by others for sure, except in order to have a decent amount of track time on the larger courses, there be multiple cars on the track at once, and keeping them all separated a task with differing speeds, skills, etc.

Like we said earlier. Reference Optima Challenge rules or American Street Car Series rules. Zero side by side action here, all timed. Speed stop, AutoX, Hot lap comp, and Road Rally.

I have done these formats. Generally a 200 tire rule (unless they incorporate a pro class) very safe and fun. Multi- day event so it makes it worth the trip. Lot's of good people and most likely TV and magazine exposure.

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html
Re: USCA- Series [Re: Uhcoog1] #1532184
11/13/13 05:41 PM
11/13/13 05:41 PM
Woodinville, WA
Viol8r Offline OP
super stock
Viol8r  Offline OP
super stock

Woodinville, WA
Quote:

What's the entry fee like? Total track time?

If it's priced similar to the other road racing options in Texas, I'll do the one at Texas Motor Speedway.

I would say that it is going to feel different then your average track day. It's goint go feel bigger commercially, but you will not have the massive amount of track time that you might think. There may be a few open sessions to get the feel (maybe, we will see), then you are off and running. For instance, the other like events we have done they give you (3) runs at each of the timed competitions. In those cases we did not have practice. You need to be confident in the equipment and yourself. Go at your own speed.

We have been the fastest Mopar at some events and still are upwards of 15-20 seconds slower (on the road course) then the likes of Danny Popp, Stielow, Hoghbough, etc. You just can't expect to win these things in our cars, but you can sure have fun!!

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html
Re: USCA- Series [Re: Mopar Mitch] #1532185
11/13/13 10:17 PM
11/13/13 10:17 PM
USA
C
Consulier Offline
enthusiast
Consulier  Offline
enthusiast
C

USA
Quote:

Most likely Kevin Wesley will make the Michigan event???... with his Satelite?

I should make most of the events east of the Mississippi. The schedule spread should work well. Hopefully Motorstate will slot in there somewhere.

Plan is to run the Taxi, my Challenger or my Dart Lite late in the year. Probably two cars at each if i can swing it. PA will probably not happen since it's my wifes birthday weekend.

The Brick will be back together this year. Might be able to bring that out as well.

Re: USCA- Series [Re: Viol8r] #1532186
11/19/13 04:34 PM
11/19/13 04:34 PM
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Dan@Hotchkis Offline
super stock
Dan@Hotchkis  Offline
super stock

Santa Fe Springs, CA
Had dinner last night with Jimi Day and talked over the new series quite a bit. They are listening to everyone to make sure that this is as affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, and still make it competitive for all entrants. He also said that the site, http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/ is the only official source for info on rules and event format. Any other source is speculation at best. I am certainly hoping to make a few of the west coast events if budget allows.

Re: USCA- Series [Re: Dan@Hotchkis] #1532187
11/19/13 07:30 PM
11/19/13 07:30 PM
Lethbridge, AB, Canada
dangina Offline
pro stock
dangina  Offline
pro stock

Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Sounds like a fun series! We need a Canadian series like this.

Re: USCA- Series [Re: dangina] #1532188
12/27/13 12:05 PM
12/27/13 12:05 PM
USA
C
Consulier Offline
enthusiast
Consulier  Offline
enthusiast
C

USA
The rules are out...

USCA 2014 Rules

3 classes, clear run group designations... should be interesting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2