Hi Guys,

I'm installing the US Car Tool Inner Frame Braces on my 71 Challenger. I'm at the point when I'm ready to weld in the main support and I find a couple of pin holes on the corner of the upper cowl. It appears that someone attempted to do a small repair in the past but did a poor job and what was a couple of pin holes ended up a little larger (see pics).

That corner is a stress point because when the cowl is pressed that corner will have the least amount of metal because when it's drawn the steel will stretch the most there. So it's very thin and hard to weld. Anyway I can make a piece for it but was hoping to make it a little cleaner and graph in a formed piece. So what I'm looking for is if anyone has an old donor car that can cut me the piece that's a little bigger so I can weld to a little more meat. I was looking for a piece like I have circled below. Or even to include the lip at the bottom. More is better that way I can cut down to what I need but hey beggars can't be choosers. Thanks guys.

Dave

7822513-P1010102.JPG (36 downloads)