07/07/13 04:02 AM
07/07/13 04:02 AM
williston, nd
I
idrivea65 Offline OP
idrivea65  Offline OP
I

williston, nd
today when i drove from shop to house my car went into rev as normal and on my way home the tranny had seemed like it was slipping a bit. Within a mile it had become worse one more mile to home and by the time i got there and needed to back up i could not find reverse. Every gear seemed to be drive. Over and over I tried to shift. No neutral, no reverse, no park. Only drive. Went under to look and shift through gears. linkage seems fine. It is clicking into every position as normal. Still nothing but drive. It also seemed to be bogging the car down. It wouldnt even idle properly. In park it only made the notion to go forward but did not move. Prior to this everything was working perfectly fine. The car (65 plymouth belvedere 2)had sat for about 4 days. the 318 and 727 are not origional.

Re: transmission stuck in drive [Re: idrivea65] #1463815
07/07/13 05:02 AM
07/07/13 05:02 AM
Portland Oregon
69Dartman Offline
master
69Dartman  Offline
master

Portland Oregon
You probably broke the front clutch retainer snap ring thing so the clutches came forward and aren't doing what they should anymore. I did that in my Dart manualy shifting and downshifting at speed with a stage 2 shift kit but I'm sure with enough miles even a stock one can break those parts. I'm sure other things can cuase it but that's what we found inside mine when we finally tore it down later and replaced what it needed so I could get rid of it as I already had another one built and installed.
Mine had drive in every gear including park and nuetral and barely made it into my driveway before the clutches gave up.

Life's a little bit better when you hit a Camaro.