06/19/13 11:55 AM
06/19/13 11:55 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOrk !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
????.... I just did a search on my cable co program listing for DSC on Friday evening .... nothing but Alaska programing .... ???

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Gary Robbins] #1445154
06/20/13 08:04 AM
06/20/13 08:04 AM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
Quote:

I don't understand why some of you guys have your panties in a bunch over this "reality" show? Just like Sons Of Guns and their ability to shoot a tank with a .22 and it explodes in to a million pieces, some of this show is going to be fabricated too. That's TV. As long as the false drama is held to a minimum, it'll be good. Did you think Discovery Channel is just going to go out there and dump a bunch of money in to a TV show and hope and pray it all just works out? Damn right they're going plan how things will go down and do what they can do to make sure a show gets produced. Who cares if the police block off the street and they've got portable lights? They're still racing on an un-prepped street. Back in the day at Doty Rd in chicago the police would run through there once every hour and chase everyone away. then we'd go across the highway and wait at the gas station for awhile and then go right back out to the same street. It sucked. We'd be lucky to see 5 races all night. Is that interesting TV? Hell no!! Used to be able to run at Doty but then all the Fast and Furious fags started coming out with their hondas and crotch rockets and next thing you know there's 500 people out there standing in the road, running bikes up and down the road at random when people are trying to race, drawing all kinds of attention and the cops, and that was the end of real street racing at that location. Been years since I've been over there but I'm guessing not much has changed.

As long as the races are legit and the money is real, I say props to these OKC guys for figuring out how to to get the racing done WITHOUT police harassment. Does this show look bad in the eyes of NHRA and to those of us who only race at a track? Yeah, a little bit. But it is what it is and it's gonna happen whether you like it or not. Someone should come up with a grudge show that's based at a track if they don't like it. I think it could be just as good. Hell, the format of THIS show would still work if they raced at a legit track. Whatever, I'll still watch. Not a lot of TV racing you can watch these days based on real grass roots people so I'll take what I can get.

I'll watch this show. I like the cars. Are they the fastest street cars in the country? No. But we all think our car is the fastest [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] out there so why would we expect these dudes to be any different?

Getting off my high horse now.... it's just a show hope people get over it it get's the up over on the bullet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This guy get's it...And for you guys that think they're slow

The white ruststang has been a 5.01 around 140 at the track and he's a middle to lower of the pack car...They do race at tracks also,albeit usually with the boards turned off!!!

It is what it is ...A friggin reality tv show with real characters that some have been doing this kind of racing for a long time and as usuall the HATERS and do gooders come out of the woodwork...JMHO,if you don't like it,don't turn it on!!!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: racerx] #1445155
06/25/13 01:39 AM
06/25/13 01:39 AM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline OP
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline OP
master
C

Arizona
Your 1/4 Mile ET is 7.98 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 5.01 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 178.03 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 143.00 MPH.

Pretty fast at the track, but probably wont happen on those streets where they race..

Chris..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Chris'sBarracuda] #1445156
06/25/13 01:45 AM
06/25/13 01:45 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
dOrk !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 7.98 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 5.01 seconds.

Chris..

That white SBC MUDstain runs 7.98 ? ... ??? ......

IF SO then I am THE DOC that is Numba' ONE on that "list" now ... ....

....with my 500" RWD Caravan !! ...

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: dOrk !] #1445157
06/25/13 06:41 AM
06/25/13 06:41 AM
Texas Afghanistan Iraq etc.
D
DakFink Offline
mopar
DakFink  Offline
mopar
D

I'll keep watching Grudge Races from the Dirty South!!!

I saw bits and pieces of this show while I was home. Needless to say it wasn't good enough for me to actually sit down and watch.

Best part of the show was seeing the cars not the people.

Again as said a BUNCH of times it's TV (dramatized and staged)

At least with the Grudge Racing it's Not staged drama. Just good ole smack talking and Legal Racing at the track with REAL money being thrown around. And not just by the racers, Side bets and all that go with them are just as entertaining.

Not once did I see any CASH on that TV show. (Maybe I missed it?) Heard a bunch of talk of $$$$ but never saw the Green!!

As far as Moonshiners; Tim did get a Visit from the guys in Uniform and had a nice long conversation that he and the Network had some explaining to do. IIRC the first episode of season 2 he mentioned it. Not sure the details but they continued the show. Easy to substitute 'Shine with water for a TV show and not a thing they can do about it.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: DakFink] #1445158
06/25/13 09:59 AM
06/25/13 09:59 AM
Amarillo, Texas
BBR Offline
master
BBR  Offline
master

Amarillo, Texas
I'm amazed someone has not beat the crap out of farmtruck's sidekick. That dude is annoying.

Anyone that gets suckered by the farmtruck on the street obviously does not have internet access. lol

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: BBR] #1445159
06/25/13 10:27 AM
06/25/13 10:27 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Online rolleyes
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Online Rolleyes
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Farm Truck did beat the ricer and take his spoiler, but did you see how close the race was?

And is racing from a 20 or 30 MPH punch really a drag race? Not where I come from!

Master, again and still
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: DaveRS23] #1445160
06/25/13 10:38 AM
06/25/13 10:38 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Farm Truck did beat the ricer and take his spoiler, but did you see how close the race was?

And is racing from a 20 or 30 MPH punch really a drag race? Not where I come from!

wonder how the farm truck would like to go from a roll w/ Dizuster once he gets his car figured out?? Anybody know how fast the truck is?

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1445161
06/25/13 10:43 AM
06/25/13 10:43 AM
Amarillo, Texas
BBR Offline
master
BBR  Offline
master

Amarillo, Texas
Plenty of vids of it on youtube. 10.20's is what I saw it run on one vid.

On the street, they are only going to run it hard enough to beat the other guy. No sense in showing your whole hand of cards...

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1445162
06/25/13 10:51 AM
06/25/13 10:51 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
dOrk !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
The truck ... ....probably one of the "genuine" vehicles on there ...

REMINDS me of my 68 Satellite wagon with a warmed-over 440 ... with a roof-rack(with 2 alum extension ladders) ....and the back end filled with empty huge cardboard boxes ..... sUrPrIsEd many people .... ....

But HERE is another FLUB on that show .... how do you STEALTH a vehicle like that in the OKC area ?.... THEN they claimed they make up-to 500$ a nite racing ? .... uNpossible ...

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: dOrk !] #1445163
06/25/13 12:18 PM
06/25/13 12:18 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
The show is more fiction than reality....IMHO

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: dOrk !] #1445164
06/25/13 12:19 PM
06/25/13 12:19 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Just how many of you on here that have real Race-Cars have never Street-Raced?*?
At one of our Local tracks Phenix City,they have a Index race 4.70 & 5.50,with Pro Mods,Bracket Race,T&T each month.It is called the Fastest 1/8 mile Grudge Race track in the South.Guess which of these 4 races that draws the most Fans,and been doing it month after month,year after year? GRUDGE RACING!!!! The Fans Love for some reason seeing the cars parked in front of the Burn-Out Box in the staging lanes auguring 30-45 mins. before they line up and run!My Partners love to Grudge-Race so we do a little of it quite regular,but I want all the BS done in the Pits and when we pull out on the Track line up and race.You people want to see some Big $$$ put up or put some up yourself,bring $5,000.00 or more,put the word out you are looking for a $5,000.00 and up Grudge-Race,you won't believe how many will come up and start counting out $5,000.00 on the hood of your car. Now like some of the rest of you I don't think them Out-Law cars are as fast as they say,but I know all the people at ProLine Racing(engine in the Nova) been knowing Doug for many years and they build some unreal Turbo engines.
But don't for one minute think there is not some Big $$$ Grudge Racing going on.Down here Grudge Racing is the most popular racing of all.Now don't get the wrong idea about me,I'm just a Li'll Bracket Racer and Daymn Proud of it.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: dOrk !] #1445165
06/25/13 01:09 PM
06/25/13 01:09 PM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
There's still lots of people who don't really get into the whole "internet" thing and are ignorant enough to think their stock whatever year Corvette/Camaro/Mustang can whoop up on an old Chebbie pickup truck.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1445166
06/25/13 02:16 PM
06/25/13 02:16 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Quote:

Just how many of you on here that have real Race-Cars have never Street-Raced?*?
At one of our Local tracks Phenix City,they have a Index race 4.70 & 5.50,with Pro Mods,Bracket Race,T&T each month.It is called the Fastest 1/8 mile Grudge Race track in the South.Guess which of these 4 races that draws the most Fans,and been doing it month after month,year after year? GRUDGE RACING!!!! The Fans Love for some reason seeing the cars parked in front of the Burn-Out Box in the staging lanes auguring 30-45 mins. before they line up and run!My Partners love to Grudge-Race so we do a little of it quite regular,but I want all the BS done in the Pits and when we pull out on the Track line up and race.You people want to see some Big $$$ put up or put some up yourself,bring $5,000.00 or more,put the word out you are looking for a $5,000.00 and up Grudge-Race,you won't believe how many will come up and start counting out $5,000.00 on the hood of your car. Now like some of the rest of you I don't think them Out-Law cars are as fast as they say,but I know all the people at ProLine Racing(engine in the Nova) been knowing Doug for many years and they build some unreal Turbo engines.
But don't for one minute think there is not some Big $$$ Grudge Racing going on.Down here Grudge Racing is the most popular racing of all.Now don't get the wrong idea about me,I'm just a Li'll Bracket Racer and Daymn Proud of it.

I'm not debating which draws more crowds...I've raced with no one in the stands ...But I think alot of it is the "drama"...heck I watch ndacuts videos...they are histerical. But..the real issue here is this show promotes a light of dragracing most of us have grown out of and don't agree with. Hopefully we won't be hearing of lawsuits filed by parents of children who say "I learned it on the Discovery Channel"

Oh..and these cars are a heck of a lot faster and more unpredictable then what we raced on the streets thirty (ouch) years ago..

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Eric] #1445167
06/25/13 02:37 PM
06/25/13 02:37 PM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
Quote:

Oh..and these cars are a heck of a lot faster and more unpredictable then what we raced on the streets thirty (ouch) years ago..

You said a mouthful there!

Can you imagine taking any of these things back in time by 30 years?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Duner] #1445168
06/25/13 02:46 PM
06/25/13 02:46 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
dOrk !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
THIRTY years ?.... some old GEEZERS here have been doing it for FIFTY !! ...

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: dOrk !] #1445169
06/25/13 04:12 PM
06/25/13 04:12 PM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
My streeter went 11 teens through the mufflers in 1977. Drove raced it all over dfw. That was thirty something years ago. My guess the street racers of today are much faster. The trailered race cars were easy pickings back in the day. They usually could not get it done on the street.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: dannysbee] #1445170
06/25/13 05:48 PM
06/25/13 05:48 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Those were the "Good O'll Days"

Eric as for the stands being empty,the way most of these people act now I prefer them that way.

As for the Street Grudge racing we don't do any of that.But I'm just finishing up a Street car to Cruise around and play a little in,and you can bet your BeHind won't none of them rice burners are them young Punks that Granny & GrandPaw have bought them new mustangs & camaros beat me at the traffic light are any place else.

PS back in 1977 I had a 67 Cornet R/T 440 with a STR-14 intake with 2 750 DP Holleys,Isky cam,Hedman headers,18 spline(Hemi)4-speed,Dana 60 posi with 3:90 gears.That was the only car I had,so I know all to well what some of you are talking about.After I got married my Parents who hated any kind of racing,give us their car(and brought them a new one)so I could make the R/T an all out Race-Car and quit driving it on the street!Them along with most everyone else in the Town wanted me to stop driving it on the street.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: dannysbee] #1445171
06/26/13 01:53 AM
06/26/13 01:53 AM
Orlando Fl
Dos Snails Offline
pro stock
Dos Snails  Offline
pro stock

Orlando Fl
I thought it was ok for what it was... a show. I love heads up anything.That's why when I go to the track it's on a test & tune night. Heads up in the lanes, Do I get my but whipped or do I toast a ricer..I don't ask people "Do you want to bracket race"? anyway..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1445172
06/26/13 02:54 AM
06/26/13 02:54 AM
D
DakFink Offline
mopar
DakFink  Offline
mopar
D

Quote:

Yep they should find a way to put those events on TV. NDACUT does a pretty decent job of it themselves on YouTube.

I've known of one of the legends of that circuit of racing; Mike "Hitman" Hill from back when he used to race a Blue Hatchback Mustang at HeadHunter's Motorcycle Club 1/8 mile track in Eatonton Ga.

No count Outlaw track in the middle of the Ga. Woods that was always packed every Wednesday night, and you never knew what was going to show up to race.

Today's street-racing as they portray it on that show just isn't worth it. Not like back 15+ yrs ago. IF you got caught back then they MAY impound you're car until you got out of jail or saw a judge and paid your fines, then you could go get your car out of impound.

NOW they want to take the car and destroy it and throw you in jail for keeps.

Granted I do know of some that still do street race Because they have no choice if they want to race. (tracks are usually 2-3hrs at best from them) BUT they are smart about it. They go out on back country roads in the middle of no-where with only a few limited people they know that know about who, when and where everything is going down.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10