06/12/13 12:08 AM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
Quote:

I don't doubt it goes on... however the show that's being discussed here is a complete joke.

You would be surprised , its fairly close

embellish some yes, but ..

These guys are not like the average take the car the the track kind of guy

Not even picking sides, street racing happens

right or wrong it does

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: bigdad] #1445073
06/12/13 12:22 AM
06/12/13 12:22 AM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
Sometimes I'm really amazed at how hard some guys will work to try and get somebody to race them in spots that you shouldn't even think of speeding 1 mph over. We used to drive to a spot 20 miles out of town for our contests.... there's a shopping center there now! LOL

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: bigdad] #1445074
06/12/13 12:55 AM
06/12/13 12:55 AM
Rust Belt, SW PA
Silver70 Offline
I Live Here
Silver70  Offline
I Live Here

Rust Belt, SW PA
Quote:

Quote:

I don't doubt it goes on... however the show that's being discussed here is a complete joke.

You would be surprised , its fairly close

embellish some yes, but ..

These guys are not like the average take the car the the track kind of guy

Not even picking sides, street racing happens

right or wrong it does

Actually I don't think I would be surprised. I've been around some of local street racing scene back 15 years ago out of high school. I had no desire to race any of them even though they tried to call me out constantly... I had other thoughts on my mind.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Silver70] #1445075
06/12/13 05:27 AM
06/12/13 05:27 AM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline OP
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline OP
master
C

Arizona
I did a bunch of street racing waaaay back when.. In So. Cal..

Organized stuff headed up by Big Willie..

Willie was "The Race Master".. Not the clown on the show.. Very organized, and in charge..

He took the bets, started the races, and did the payouts..

At least Willie would bail out anyone who got caught, and help with lawyers too.. I really think he had a good rapport with the cops.

But it was much better when he got Terminal Island and we didn't have to worry about Cops..

As far as the "TV SHOW" goes..

I'm not doubting SOME of the cars on the show are very fast.. Hey, the show has it's moments.. But I just can't understand admitting to committing crimes on National TV..

You know, if you did this NOW in So. Cal and get caught.. They will "CRUSH" your car..

Here they caught over 180 people, arrested them all and crushed cars..
Don't mind the ricers getting crushed, but would hate to see early muscle destroyed because of this.. video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ

When the cars got faster and faster, I stopped.. Saw friends die.. Too much trouble for the rush..

Met Sheldon Gecker, and went racing at the track.. Now have 5 Wally's and no worries about going to jail etc..

Brings back memories though..

Chris..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: SpareParts] #1445076
06/12/13 11:19 AM
06/12/13 11:19 AM
Idabel,Oklahoma
G
Gary Robbins Offline
super stock
Gary Robbins  Offline
super stock
G

Idabel,Oklahoma

Getting down on and off the street and making me money. Get off your high horse, these guys probably have no idea who you are but you act like you had coffee with them this morning. There's always somebody faster and for OKC it's the boys up north. Remember when the South Side Stickup boys came to you with street cars 3,000 miles from home and your boys tried to call our guys scared. Comedy. Don't get all huffy because your idols have a list and were dumb enough to bring a camera crew with them.

Buttercup...I'm trying to leave this alone,but evidently back in the day you new someone who new someone,LOL...You don't have a clue who i know or don't know or what/where i race...Go find in any of my post where i said i was best friends or drinking buddies with any of them as actually i live 250 miles from OKC(do i know them or have i raced against them is a different story)

Do you actually race anything in street legal heads-up,prolly not!!
Or are you like most and havn't been to the track in years

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Gary Robbins] #1445077
06/12/13 11:37 AM
06/12/13 11:37 AM
Amarillo, Texas
BBR Offline
master
BBR  Offline
master

Amarillo, Texas
The racing footage sucked and I did not like the stupid drama.

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Chris'sBarracuda] #1445078
06/12/13 12:08 PM
06/12/13 12:08 PM
Vista, California
67Satty Offline
pro stock
67Satty  Offline
pro stock

Vista, California
Quote:

.. Hey, the show has it's moments.. But I just can't understand admitting to committing crimes on National TV..

Since some of you guys here know these guys and/or were present for the filming can you shed light on this?

How do they get away with having their "crimes" videotaped and broadcast for all to see if it's real?

The only way I think it can work is that the production crew gets filming permits to close down the highways for "re-enactments" of the kind of street racing they do to film for the show. That way everyone's butt is covered - both racers and film crew - if the law sees the show broadcast later and comes knocking they can just show them a copy of the film permit to show that it was just a re-enactment for the show. Is that how it works?

One thing that seemed really fishy about the first show is how brightly lit up (for the cameras) this highway in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night seemed to be. There seemed to be huge light rigs like they use for nighttime road construction that just happened to be set up in the middle of nowhere where they are racing.

Really curious about how they make this show.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: 67Satty] #1445079
06/12/13 01:14 PM
06/12/13 01:14 PM
Orange County, Ca.
B1CUDA Offline
top fuel
B1CUDA  Offline
top fuel

Orange County, Ca.
Chris' Barracuda and I, ran around, in the same circles, back in the day, and street racing was a pretty big deal, all over So. California. We mostly went to spots in, and around Compton, but, raced at several other locations, including Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino county. It was no big deal to see that races were locked up, for $10K, and up. This show on tv is comical to me. It has been years and years since I have been to a street race, but, I never saw high powered lighting, all the way down the "street". Lets face it, we all like cars and racing, so, just sit back, and enjoy the show, but, don't play too much into it, as it certainly is not a reflection of a real street race. Here is a vid of the real deal.....just another night in L.A.

http://youtu.be/R4eyVO6JDGQ

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: B1CUDA] #1445080
06/12/13 01:35 PM
06/12/13 01:35 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Chris' Barracuda and I, ran around, in the same circles, back in the day, and street racing was a pretty big deal, all over So. California. We mostly went to spots in, and around Compton, but, raced at several other locations, including Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino county. It was no big deal to see that races were locked up, for $10K, and up. This show on tv is comical to me. It has been years and years since I have been to a street race, but, I never saw high powered lighting, all the way down the "street". Lets face it, we all like cars and racing, so, just sit back, and enjoy the show, but, don't play too much into it, as it certainly is not a reflection of a real street race. Here is a vid of the real deal.....just another night in L.A.

The Datsun was on the LA street racers series. I guess the entire shop was.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1445081
06/12/13 01:42 PM
06/12/13 01:42 PM
Orange County, Ca.
B1CUDA Offline
top fuel
B1CUDA  Offline
top fuel

Orange County, Ca.
Quote:

Quote:

Yep, those are the guys from CPR. They make no bones about what they do, and never tried to hide their identity, when on the street.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: B1CUDA] #1445082
06/12/13 01:48 PM
06/12/13 01:48 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, those are the guys from CPR. They make no bones about what they do, and never tried to hide their identity, when on the street.

as I recall that car lost a lot on that show as well. AND with the way things are going today I'd NEVER EVER put online any amount of money collected. Good way to get the IRS on you. Especially if you might have PeeOh'd somebody along the way.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: B1CUDA] #1445083
06/12/13 01:55 PM
06/12/13 01:55 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
I didnt watch the program.. but years ago I use to
street race alot.... lost my license for 5 years...
not for me anymore

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: B1CUDA] #1445084
06/12/13 01:56 PM
06/12/13 01:56 PM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Just another night in Phila
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LxY878qxhnw

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: 1967dartgt] #1445085
06/12/13 01:59 PM
06/12/13 01:59 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Which video are you wanting us to watch?

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1445086
06/12/13 02:05 PM
06/12/13 02:05 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Quote:

Quote:

Those are the guys who could'nt get the Mustang down a track right??

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Cab_Burge] #1445087
06/12/13 02:14 PM
06/12/13 02:14 PM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Quote:

Quote:

Which video are you wanting us to watch?

The one the link takes you too.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Eric] #1445088
06/12/13 02:30 PM
06/12/13 02:30 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Those are the guys who could'nt get the Mustang down a track right??

yes and when they were at the track ran their mouths big time. I think they even had to bring in a real racer so they'd have somebody to race.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1445089
06/12/13 07:08 PM
Norwich CT USA
Defbob Offline
master
Defbob  Offline
master

Norwich CT USA
I had recorded the show on my DVR and just watched it. It is completely bogus. The show is fabricated. I developed a headache watching it.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1445090
Florida STAYcation
dOoC Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOoC  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

I didnt watch the program.. but years ago I use to
street race alot.... lost my license for 5 years...
not for me anymore

FIVE YEARS .... you must have been a naughty NAUGHTY boy many several times ...

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel [Re: Defbob] #1445091
06/12/13 10:11 PM
06/12/13 10:11 PM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
Welcome to WWE with a steering wheel.

I don't know how much money these guys are being paid to be on the show - but I hope they are having a good time with it. You know the local law enforcement guys will be watching for them even if it is all bogus made for TV drama.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10