moparcyco Offline
super stock
moparcyco  Offline
super stock
M

southern Idaho
Quote:

Quote:

There is always the option of a preval sprayer.Lets you have the convienence of a spray can with the quality and duability of automotive grader paint.

IF (and that's a BIG if) you catalyze the paint!

If you use enamel its mixed right in.But I am no paint genius do yo mean something besides the drier thats mixed in?I know a urethane has to have a hardener mixed before you spray.

Re: Spray bombs - the truth ... [Re: moparcyco] #1437455
05/18/13 05:23 PM
05/18/13 05:23 PM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is always the option of a preval sprayer.Lets you have the convienence of a spray can with the quality and duability of automotive grader paint.

IF (and that's a BIG if) you catalyze the paint!

If you use enamel its mixed right in.But I am no paint genius do yo mean something besides the drier thats mixed in?I know a urethane has to have a hardener mixed before you spray.

There is no 'pre mixed' catalyzed paint that doesn't have a very short pot life (as in hours). The catalyst actually molecularly 'crosslinks' the dried paint molecules. That means the paint is literally a DIFFERENT compound than uncatalyzed paint. It's much tougher, much more chemically resistant etc.

Now you can take automotive paint (acrylic enamel, acrylic urethane etc) and spray it, and it will dry and look good, for awhile. But it will perform very poorly compared to the same paint that had the hardener added. Most notably in terms of oxidation and reaction to bird droppings, gasoline....etc.

Re: Spray bombs - the truth ... [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #1437456
05/18/13 07:01 PM
05/18/13 07:01 PM
SE PA
Yellow Fever Offline
super stock
Yellow Fever  Offline
super stock

SE PA
I used the Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black Gloss spray cans for my Scampage engine bay and couldn't be happier if I were twins.
3+ years and still looks good.

Re: Spray bombs - the truth ... [Re: moparcyco] #1437457
05/19/13 10:58 AM
05/19/13 10:58 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
Quote:

There is always the option of a preval sprayer.Lets you have the convienence of a spray can with the quality and duability of automotive grader paint.I use the Premium commercial coating paint from Napa (Martin Senour)On small items I think this is a great compromise between spray bombs and shooting from a gun

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result...6Dp%3d3%26N%3d0

Im beginning to question my memory but isnt there such a thing as a rechargeable aerosol can- recharged with an air compressor?I fix up motorcycles and leave the tank and side covers to a real paint guy but the fram and swingarms- if I could shoot them in acrylic enamel single stage black that would be great! To paint frames and swingarms requires so little paint that a spray can is very ideal.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: Spray bombs - the truth ... [Re: 2boltmain] #1437458
05/19/13 11:20 AM
05/19/13 11:20 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

There is always the option of a preval sprayer.Lets you have the convienence of a spray can with the quality and duability of automotive grader paint.I use the Premium commercial coating paint from Napa (Martin Senour)On small items I think this is a great compromise between spray bombs and shooting from a gun

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result...6Dp%3d3%26N%3d0

Im beginning to question my memory but isnt there such a thing as a rechargeable aerosol can- recharged with an air compressor?I fix up motorcycles and leave the tank and side covers to a real paint guy but the fram and swingarms- if I could shoot them in acrylic enamel single stage black that would be great! To paint frames and swingarms requires so little paint that a spray can is very ideal.

Yup,
although I have never used mine for that. Mine holds gasoline and I use it to start engines because it atomizes the fuel real well. It also got used with gas to start my alcohol injected engines too, way better than a dish soap bottle.

Works great on small engines, they start first pull.

Many folks(fans) over the years thought we were squirting NOS into my injected motors. I always tried to keep them guessing. lol

Also I was the first guy to show up with a pressurized gas primer(I've used this one and several others too) to start our cars. No one else that I ever raced with did that I ever saw back in the early 90s. And after we did it, everyone started using them with injected cars.

Re: Spray bombs - the truth ... [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #1437459
05/19/13 11:45 AM
05/19/13 11:45 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOc … Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc …  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just used a 99 center WallyWorld spray bomb on redoing a set of dumbells ....

Doc and Oldman got together and painted their nails!

SHORTLY after posting this I thought some twisted-perv would mess with my post ....and I was correct ...

Re: Spray bombs - the truth ... [Re: dOc …] #1437460
05/19/13 11:54 AM
05/19/13 11:54 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
Challenger 1 where did you get that? Looks like youve had it awhile. Does it use the nozzles from disposable spray cans?

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: Spray bombs - the truth ... [Re: 2boltmain] #1437461
05/19/13 12:26 PM
05/19/13 12:26 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Challenger 1 where did you get that? Looks like youve had it awhile. Does it use the nozzles from disposable spray cans?

Yes and Eastwood I believe sells them. I have had mine for 20 years.

I used it to start a pile of old wood limbs on fire one time collected from the yard. It got dark, I got drunk and it got lost in the yard for like 3 years. Buried under dirt and I found it and it still works. Quality tool for sure and you can replace the center pickup tube, o rings and stem.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3