Re: QUICK FUEL DRIVING ME NUTS...HELP [Re: 68LAR] #1426001
06/29/13 10:51 PM
06/29/13 10:51 PM
Cape Coral
65 DODGE POST Offline OP
65 DODGE POST  Offline OP

Cape Coral
Quote:

I've been running a Quick Fuel 1050AN for years and after some tuning it has been flawless for me. It's a nice carb and a good company to deal with. I hope everything works out for you.

Well I'm back.... Got a new pertronix ignitor 3 distributor....test it against my old one and the shaft is 3/16's shorter...geeze I can't win....timing bounces around more than my cheep chinese distributor...So I ordered a new Milodon gear and shaft from summit...(nice Piece) dropped it in and its a lot better... timing is near steady now through out the RPM's... Ok back to the nightmare...

I get the carb back from quick fuel put in on the car and it runs worse... so I pull the rear metering block and it looks like they gave me a new one it was marked 650... I pulled the front one and they swapped that out also with one that has the brass jets in the emulsions. ( my old one just had the holes open) but they changed my power valve to a 6.5...I had a 10.5 in there I ordered... because the car wouldn't leave without it....

Anyway's I'm trying to get this ready for the Melt down drags in Byron on July 20th...Super stock springs are going on.

As it sits now I disconnected the secondaries and I am going to try to get the thing to drive and leave hard tomorrow... all though today it seems worse than when I sent it to them... I think I have a metering block from a holly here I may try in the front...Or I am going to try to plug two emulsion holes....I don't know I'm tired.

65 DODGE CORONET 440 INDY EZ HEADS STRANGE S60
Re: QUICK FUEL DRIVING ME NUTS...HELP [Re: 65 DODGE POST] #1426002
06/30/13 10:52 PM
06/30/13 10:52 PM
NC, USA
D
davenc Offline
mopar
davenc  Offline
mopar
D

NC, USA
Is the problem with the secondary accelerator pump circuit resolved after the carb came back from QFT?

Hopefully it is, and perhaps you just need to re-do your tuning steps.

Re: QUICK FUEL DRIVING ME NUTS...HELP [Re: davenc] #1426003
07/29/13 08:44 AM
07/29/13 08:44 AM
Cape Coral
65 DODGE POST Offline OP
65 DODGE POST  Offline OP

Cape Coral
Have not been on here in a while but here goes my opinion. Quick Fuel and billet carbs are over rated... They look great. I recieved my carb back from them... they installed new metering blocks, changed my front power valve, new gaskets, and cleaned it. They fixed the secondary pump shot so it was not shooting up through the IAB. I installed it tried a bunch of different size squirtrs, jets, was all over it for a couple days and the thing still sounded just like a delay box/rev limiter when you would floor it ffrom a stand still.....da, da,da,da,da,da,da,da,da,...3/4 throttle was ok...only when you floored it.

I ordered a new distributor/ billet pertronix,and changed to my third coil thinking that was it... I was checking voltage to the coil etc....finally I got a 750 Vacuum secondary off Ebay for $81.00

Put the carb on and tuned the A/F at wide open.... no more stutter, took it to the track and ran an 11.75 at 113. (on NOS) car was miss firing pretty good and didn't want to rev past 5000 on the spray and realized after I got home that my plugs are gaped a little to much... so I shrunk that down to .025 and am going to try it again maybe this wekend.. the car feels like it will run high 10's... I ran a 7.30 1/8 mile pass on the last try at 93 mph... but it was breaking up so bad I got out of it so I wouldn't hurt anything...

LONG STORY SHORT: Quick fuel annular race 750 for sale!! My $81.00 straight booster ebay special responds awesome and runs perfect... I spent over a year with that quick fuel crap

65 DODGE CORONET 440 INDY EZ HEADS STRANGE S60
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5