10/25/08 07:07 PM
10/25/08 07:07 PM
Alabama
S
swapdaddyxx1 Offline OP
swapdaddyxx1  Offline OP
S

Alabama
The underhood wiring harness on my Rampage is really screwed up. I think the best thing to do will be to find a good used one rather than trying to find the problems and patch this old one. I have not had any luck finding one nos.
My question is this: I would think Omni and Horizon with a 2.2 would be the same,but will it have to be 84 only? I know that these cars still used carbs thru 87,but are there enough differences in the other years to keep it from working? My Rampage also has a 5 speed,but I don't know if that would make a difference. anyone know the answer for sure? Thanks, Jerry

Re: 84 Rampage wiring harness [Re: swapdaddyxx1] #141401
10/26/08 01:21 AM
10/26/08 01:21 AM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
Any year carb L body harness should work, stuff in these cars is amazingly interchangeable through the years. Okay I know for a fact 82 up is all the same, I have no actual experience with the pre 82 L bodies. So to answer your question you can pull an engine harness out of any Rampage/Scamp GT/Omni/Horizon/Turismo/Charger. Just keep in mind the following:

Some years/models had two headlights, others had 4, so if you get one with the wrong number of headlights, you'll have to do some connector modifications. The shelby chargers with the 2.2HO carb used a slightly different harness, they had a knock sensor and did not use the feedback carb system, so if the harness you get is from a Shelby Charger, you'll want it's carb and spark control computer as well.

Also keep in mind, if you want easy EFI, an EFI harness from either a late 80's TBI Omni/Horizon or a turbocharged Shelby Charger will drop right in, only electrical mod you will need to do is run one wire to the fuel pump. All the mechanical parts will bolt right in.

The auto and 5sp harnesses are a little different, but I think the part that is different is a little sub-harness that unplugs and swaps between auto/manual electrical hookups. Only difference between the two being the auto has a neutral safety switch and a reverse light switch where the manual trans just has the reverse switch.

Nice to hear another rampage being saved. My dad and brother both have Rampages and I donated my rusted hulk but great running/driving 83 Shelby Charger as a donor for them.

Re: 84 Rampage wiring harness [Re: DaytonaTurbo] #141402
10/26/08 10:12 PM
10/26/08 10:12 PM
Alabama
S
swapdaddyxx1 Offline OP
swapdaddyxx1  Offline OP
S

Alabama
Thanks DT, that makes it a bunch easier. Jerry