Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Quote:

Quote:

My 69 GTS cost $25K for the body and paint. Both quarters replaced, one front frame rail, all inner front unibody parts replaced with NOS parts, used NOS fenders and hood, and the drivers door needed lots of work. That was in 2001 and by 2012 I had $65K in and it still needed about 100 hours of work. Unfortunately I have to start over from scratch again after my garage fire.

Is that $25K for body and paint counting the NOS and other replacement body panels?

The used quarter panels shipped up from Arizona is part of that money but the NOS parts were extra.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Hour timeframe on a rotisserie restoration [Re: Rhinodart] #1381469
02/06/13 01:41 AM
02/06/13 01:41 AM
Central Utah
Mopargnome Offline
super stock
Mopargnome  Offline
super stock

Central Utah
Did this one for a board member here. Replaced 1 frame rail and some other smaller patches. Less than $10k was the final bill. For what the op paid I coulda had it pretty close to done by now.

7577282-dansRR.jpg (74 downloads)
Re: Hour timeframe on a rotisserie restoration [Re: vette1986] #1381470
02/06/13 02:08 AM
02/06/13 02:08 AM
South Dakota
hotairballoonpilot Offline
master
hotairballoonpilot  Offline
master

South Dakota
I agree with everyone. Yes it takes a lot of hours to do a car and noone I believe should give you an estimate on time or $. I believe if I tell someone they will have 10k into it and they change their minds or extras come into play they no matter what you say or they say still have that 10k figure in their heads. Now that being said where you are on your car I I would think be just about done. But that's us keyboard cowboys judging it off of pictures. The thing I love to see is guys walking through the door and watching or just looking & taking pics. Helps prove what work I am doing as well as they see it as well as progress. Yes removing a qrt and installing new one they see progress if they are not in the shop often. Now if I am priming and blocking the car say two times in the time they come in they won't really see any progress as the car looks the same. I keep a running log on excell with what I do,dates,parts/materials and have it figure tax in. It then added it up on the top of the sheet. Shows total hours,labor$,parts/materials $,tax total $& amount paid and amount owed. That way they can see what each operation really costs and any time they come in they can see where they are at. I have all my paint materials figured out per spray able oz. That way when I mix up and use 20 oz of primer I log that.
Now if I was you I would ask for documentation on where they have that hours. I did a 58 impala that took a hell of a lot of metal replacement,painted & installed a lot to finish car off. We had in the neighborhood of 600 hours into it.

Best of luck!

Corey

Contact Me about AMD Prices
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3