Texas
E
ef8Cuda340 Offline OP
enthusiast
ef8Cuda340  Offline OP
enthusiast
E

Texas
Need door/side window roof rail trim, window sweeps, door end seals, etc for my 70 Charger R/T.

Does anyone have a preferred vendor, or can tell me who's products I should avoid?

thanks,

Re: Soft seal trim provided - got any preferences? [Re: ef8Cuda340] #1351337
12/14/12 11:57 PM
12/14/12 11:57 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
It's a bit frustrating with whats available. When I did my 70 Charger I replaced everything, the Metro Super Soft line was perhaps the best. Soff Seal stuff pretty much hit the trash can, as did a few over vendors like Steele Rubber, I pretty much ended up buying every piece reproed by all the vendors, I probably threw a few hundred dollars in the trash, the door seals were the worse. I ended up using some nice clean originals after trying at least several different vendors, All the door seals from different manufacturers suffer from the same problems, either soft, but a larger profile, which prevents the door from closing, or a "correct" profile, but rock hard, still preventing the door from closing, with some seals, I couldn't even get the door near the striker!, nevermind closing... the Metro seals that fit like factory with no issues were the trunk, vent window rubber, underhood seals, the roof rails from Metro were slightly smaller in profile than the factory ones, but were usable, they just took some time to set right with the window stops (power windows), I don't recall the vendor of the cat wiskers, although I purchased them from Legendary Interiors, they fit/worked nicely (if you have the upper pads,take the time to reuse the factory staples that secure the wiskers to the pad, avoid the screws/rivets supplied, as you run the chance of scratching the glass...I made that mistake, and it cost me one rear side glass, and the time to R&R it)

Mike