Texas Afghanistan Iraq etc.
D
DakFink Offline OP
mopar
DakFink  Offline OP
mopar
D

What Aftermarket heads and blocks are available for Big Blocks? As in currently available.

Parts that would fit a Factory Block or replace it.

About the only thing I know of is Edelbrocks and B1s not sure B1s would fit a factory block??

I did a search and came up with 90% Small Block stuff vs Big Block, with a Big Block Heads search.

Re: AfterMarket Big Block heads & blocks [Re: DakFink] #1329804
11/02/12 02:26 AM
11/02/12 02:26 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Two choices on materials on blocks, cast grey iron and high nickel. World and Indy make BB in cast grey iron and they both make them in aluminum. Koleno, Koffels Place as well as other vendors on here are dealers for Koleno make the high nickel blocks Indy, Kieth Black, World and several others that don't come to mind right now make aluminum blocks for racing and street use, I don't recommend a aluminum block for street use As far as aluminum heads Brodix,Indy, Edlelbrock, Pro Comp, 440 Source all make bolt on type aluminum heads for the stock blocks and the after market blocks listed above Lots of choices now IHTHs your local Dodge dealer is usually the besy choice on buyng a World block as they shouldn't charge for delivery to there parts department

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: AfterMarket Big Block heads & blocks [Re: DakFink] #1329805
11/02/12 02:57 AM
11/02/12 02:57 AM
D
dogdays Offline
I Live Here
dogdays  Offline
I Live Here
D

Go to www.arengineering.com and buy AndyF's big block book. Read it twice. I like Chuck Senatore's book as well.

Aluminum blocks can work on the street, think of most new cars.

Big block (B/RB)heads are designed to fit on all of the more common varieties of big block. The Hemi and the B/RB have different blocks, heads and camshafts, though they have the same roots.

There is a wealth of information out there on the 'net about the factory and aftermarket B/RB high performance parts. Read first, spend later!
R.

Re: AfterMarket Big Block heads & blocks [Re: dogdays] #1329806
11/02/12 05:36 AM
11/02/12 05:36 AM
D
DakFink Offline OP
mopar
DakFink  Offline OP
mopar
D

Thanks guys, for the info.

I've never messed with big block or even read up on them, Small Blocks on the other hand!!!??

Since I had the hair-brained Idea of actually maybe building one. Thought I better look and see what was available and what they were capable of, without getting into RACE pieces like Predator Heads and Hemi-99's.

Was good to see the Aluminum Blocks are available as water blocks.

I take a closer look at the sources you gave me leads to.

Again Thanks!