P
Pntastar69 Offline
master
Pntastar69  Offline
master
P

Gilbertsville, PA 19525
Quote:

Yesterday I was looking at the new Mopar Muscle as I grabbed it off the mag stand and read it while sitting at the Pharmacy waiting for my oxycodone refill.

What I'd like to know (op) is what does your oxycodone refill have anything to do w/the subject 64 SuperStock Dodge?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Crizila] #1323250
11/21/12 02:49 PM
11/21/12 02:49 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bob, respectfully.....No, you have me all wrong. Don't assume that I feel that I am uttering any sort of gospel when it's the furthest thing from the truth just because I choose to "put my head out of the rabbit hole" and debate a claim of originallity. What I'm trying to get accross (apparently which little success) is when someone, anyone comes to the table with an example of a detail that deviates from what was the production line "norm" that they should understand that it will be viewed with skepticism without producing rock solid evidence to back it up before it will be accepted as an actual production line variable or possibility. I am not, and would never say #1. That someone is a liar. #2. That it was impossible. #3. That it never happened. All I am asking for is some backup to prove the claims. Photos of cars back in the day, even if taken the day of delivery, do not provide that proof, especially with something so easy to change or modify.

Bottom line? MAYBE there were some Orange/Red/Chrome air cleaners put on at the factory, in fact if it happened that would be cool! But so far nobody here has posted enough evidence to make it indesputable.

Ok,Scott,I admit I'am a liar,BSer and senile and your on a crusade to set the world right.I think you have been in your rabbit hole to long and have put that carrot in the wrong hole also.Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.Watch out for Almer Fudd,he may pop your head off the next time you it out of your "rabbit hole"you silly rabbit.
PS: I don't have you "all wrong" you prove to everyone who you really are".Buy the way my brother Tony said to tell you happy Thanksgiving and that he's having rabbit and carrots this year instead of turkey and taters.

Since this thread won't die, might as well throw another coal on the fire. http://s79.beta.photobucket.com/user/jcailey/media/MOV02234.mp4.html

Try stop frame This film has been altered ,the covers were originally pink. Lets all just bend over and kiss Scotts carrot reamed anal cavity.The rabbit has spoken.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Pntastar69] #1323251
11/21/12 03:12 PM
11/21/12 03:12 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

Since this thread won't die, might as well throw another coal on the fire. http://s79.beta.photobucket.com/user/jcailey/media/MOV02234.mp4.html

Quote:

Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.

I'll HAPPILY admit I'm wrong as soon as you prove it, so far you haven't.

Cool video, those fat rear tires and fenderwell headers factory as well?

BG, quit fantasizing about my anal cavity you freaking perv!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323252
11/21/12 05:39 PM
11/21/12 05:39 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.

Cool video, those fat rear tires and fenderwell headers factory as well?

BG, quit fantasizing about my anal cavity you freaking perv!

Scott,I'am not fantasizing about your "carrot infested butt".The only fantisizing going on is in that little head of yours.I don't have prove anything to you,just let everyone know the real facts that me and many others already know since we lived the mopar life then and now and give you a forum to show your distinguished characterization of "life according to Scott Smith".You should pen a novel and we can find it at the book stores under ficton.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323253
11/21/12 05:47 PM
11/21/12 05:47 PM
TN
S
SCATPACK 1 Offline
pro stock
SCATPACK 1  Offline
pro stock
S

TN

Quote:

Scott
Using your guidelines, it is not possible to prove beyond any doubt, that factory production line air cleaners were available in any color, including black from the factory. Unless you have something in writing from Chrysler, from back in 62 or 63 staing air cleaners will only be available in black and even then, anything you produce, someone else can take your stance and use your same argument and say not a real copy or it has been altered.
I worked for and raced Dodges back in 60's and 70's. Nothing was ever cast in stone during production. If they ran out of the required part, and they had something else that fit so they could complete the order and not old up the assembly line, it was put on the car.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT TURKEY DAY.

Old Geezer Racing
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: SCATPACK 1] #1323254
11/21/12 05:59 PM
11/21/12 05:59 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Scott
Using your guidelines, it is not possible to prove beyond any doubt, that factory production line air cleaners were available in any color, including black from the factory. Unless you have something in writing from Chrysler, from back in 62 or 63 staing air cleaners will only be available in black and even then, anything you produce, someone else can take your stance and use your same argument and say not a real copy or it has been altered.
I worked for and raced Dodges back in 60's and 70's. Nothing was ever cast in stone during production. If they ran out of the required part, and they had something else that fit so they could complete the order and not old up the assembly line, it was put on the car.

Many or most all of us that have lengthy experience with Chrysler know that on any given order on any given day you could expect a surprise from Chrysler.I prepped new cars at the dealership in the early 60s and seen many oddities such as wrong trim,unsilanced air clearners,daul exhaust and small hubcaps on luxury models,the list go on.We even had a 383/4speed station wagon with maxwedge exhaust manifolds and the dump tube exhaust.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: B G Racing] #1323255
11/21/12 06:10 PM
11/21/12 06:10 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Lets be nice to scott. He was only 2 when the movie was taken. Happy day to all!

Fastest 300
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: SCATPACK 1] #1323256
11/21/12 06:14 PM
11/21/12 06:14 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

Scott

It's not "my" guidelines we are talking about. I'm the first one to admit that odd things COULD and did happen at the factory, but before calling any of those oddities fact, I look at the provable facts to back them up. Sometimes proving them fact never happens because of lack of evidence, and sometimes another example or two surfaces at a later time that matches and validates them, that's just the way it is.

When something was optional at the factory it was put in writing and offered to the customer. Does anyone have such documentation? If so it hasn't been posted here. Black air cleaner paint was standard, not optional, therefore as with most other production detail items you won't usually see it mentioned or listed in any kind of factory documention.

Does anyone have a single example of an original air cleaner that still wears it's factory paint job and decals in any other color but black? I have some black ones, what have you guys got to show? No, finding some OEM paint orange ones still wouldn't be solid proof that they were put on a car in production (vs over the counter, etc.) because you still couldn't determine for certain that it rolled off the line that way, but that would be a much more solid start than just a single example based on old pictures of a modified car taken months or years after being delivered.

I agree, Happy T-Day to all

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323257
11/21/12 06:48 PM
11/21/12 06:48 PM
MD-USA
D
Dodgeguy101 Offline
mopar
Dodgeguy101  Offline
mopar
D

MD-USA
I have no dog in this hunt, but have to say, I doubt anyone that bought one of these cars, said to himself, need to take a picture of everything on this car so I can prove in 40 years, it was like this when I bought it.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323258
11/21/12 07:40 PM
11/21/12 07:40 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Scott

It's not "my" guidelines we are talking about. I'm the first one to admit that odd things COULD and did happen at the factory, but before calling any of those oddities fact, I look at the provable facts to back them up. Sometimes proving them fact never happens because of lack of evidence, and sometimes another example or two surfaces at a later time that matches and validates them, that's just the way it is.

When something was optional at the factory it was put in writing and offered to the customer. Does anyone have such documentation? If so it hasn't been posted here. Black air cleaner paint was standard, not optional, therefore as with most other production detail items you won't usually see it mentioned or listed in any kind of factory documention.

Does anyone have a single example of an original air cleaner that still wears it's factory paint job and decals in any other color but black? I have some black ones, what have you guys got to show? No, finding some OEM paint orange ones still wouldn't be solid proof that they were put on a car in production (vs over the counter, etc.) because you still couldn't determine for certain that it rolled off the line that way, but that would be a much more solid start than just a single example based on old pictures of a modified car taken months or years after being delivered.

I agree, Happy T-Day to all

Give it a break Scott,you brought a knife to a gunfight.No one gives a rats or rabbits behind that they need to prove anything to you,What proof do you have that what you say is correct.By continueing to babble is just destroying you reputation and creditability.Haven't you embarrassed your self enough already.I enjoy sparring with you,but it's to the point that I feel your a hopeless case.Why don't you give us all the proof,facts and backup data to prove any or all of your statements,I await your responce.All we have from you to at this point is a bunch of doubble talk.Have you no self respect?
And on a serious note to you and everyone,this isn't funny or enjoyable any more,it's like kicking a crutch from under a cripples arm or the day you have put down "old Shep" to end his misery.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: B G Racing] #1323259
11/21/12 09:27 PM
11/21/12 09:27 PM
OHIO
T
THE GLASS MAN Offline
super stock
THE GLASS MAN  Offline
super stock
T

OHIO
Hot Rod , Car Craft, Rod and Custom, Car and Driver would be good sources for info on this subject. Cahill the test drive would have been a good source too. Maybe pictures taken from the Ramchargers and many other teams. How about an original issue AMT model car box?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: THE GLASS MAN] #1323260
11/21/12 11:25 PM
11/21/12 11:25 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

Give it a break Scott,you brought a knife to a gunfight.No one gives a rats or rabbits behind that they need to prove anything to you,What proof do you have that what you say is correct.By continueing to babble is just destroying you reputation and creditability.Haven't you embarrassed your self enough already.I enjoy sparring with you,but it's to the point that I feel your a hopeless case.Why don't you give us all the proof,facts and backup data to prove any or all of your statements,I await your responce.All we have from you to at this point is a bunch of doubble talk.Have you no self respect?
And on a serious note to you and everyone,this isn't funny or enjoyable any more,it's like kicking a crutch from under a cripples arm or the day you have put down "old Shep" to end his misery.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Pntastar69] #1323261
11/22/12 01:31 AM
11/22/12 01:31 AM
Balt. Md
383man Offline OP
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline OP
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Quote:

Quote:

Yesterday I was looking at the new Mopar Muscle as I grabbed it off the mag stand and read it while sitting at the Pharmacy waiting for my oxycodone refill.

What I'd like to know (op) is what does your oxycodone refill have anything to do w/the subject 64 SuperStock Dodge?

The oxycodone has nothing to do with it as since I had about a 25 minute wait I was simply stating that I grabbed the mag from the newstand and read it while sitting there waiting for my oxycodone refill. It has nothing to do with the 64 Dodge not looking very Nostalgic. Ron

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: 383man] #1323262
11/22/12 09:19 AM
11/22/12 09:19 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
I think this thread is done since Scott's only responce was a repeat of my last post.We will hold off Thanksgiving dinner waiting for his solid proof of fact for all his past and present utterences or udderances.There is no doubt that Scott is a great guy but he is caught up in his quest to be the ultimate authority in the Mopar archives that many of us were part of and that we have "first hand" knowledge off.Many of us have paid our dues and are deserving of a little more respect than just being called "old Farts"
To Scott,I apologize for being harsh on you,but you bring it on yourself.So throw out you neatly pressed buttondown shirts,creased dockers and 007 briefcase and join all of us in a great happy"Mopar Family"
Happy Holidays Everyone
From all at BGR

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: B G Racing] #1323263
11/22/12 10:23 AM
11/22/12 10:23 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Bob, you choose to ignore legitimate questions and turn a friendly debate into rediculous rantings and personal attacks on me and my reputation doesn't deserve any further reply from me, enjoy your day!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323264
11/22/12 10:45 AM
11/22/12 10:45 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Bob, you choose to ignore legitimate questions and turn a friendly debate into rediculous rantings and personal attacks on me and my reputation doesn't deserve any further reply from me, enjoy your day!

True to your past performances nothing to back up your mouth.Crawl back in your "Rabbit Hole"This whole thread with your post should have been included in the story of "Alice in Wonderland"
You feel you need to have the last word will end nothing."Silence is golden and remember to be thought of as a fool is one thing to open your mouth will usually remove all doubt.
I have never attack you,I just told things that are real in the real world,that you choose to debate or refute me and many others was you error.I tried to keep it humorous and entertaining but you want to make it personal,so far Scott against the Mopar world,Scott-0,Mopar world-1.Stay seated in your corner and don't come out for round 2.We have all figured out your fight plan,you don't have one. And you are correct we don't need any further responce from you.To say I ignore your post is incorrect,I responded to them all and you ignore me and others.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #1323265
11/22/12 11:02 AM
11/22/12 11:02 AM
Holly/MI
D
Dean_Kuzluzski Offline
master
Dean_Kuzluzski  Offline
master
D

Holly/MI
You guys are bickering over something that can never be closed with a final determination.

As mentioned, Chrysler was known for build variances and shortcomings.

The supplier, the company that actually manufactured the parts, were the ones that most likely painted those aircleaners. And whenever they ran short of whatever color they surely would default to another readily available color to make the shipping date ($$).

And I assure you, the guy at the factory truely couldn't care less about what color they are and anyone that would think they'd take the time to paint them another color is certainly not clued in to that enviroment. They don't have the time or care about it.

Chrome would have more cost ($$) and was probably only used in advertising photos and/or available as a "dress-up" kit as mentioned. And could have been supplied to production if unpainted supplies were low.

The car in the Mopar Muscle magazine is nothing close to nostalgiac other than the bodystyle and wheels. The guy writing the article is who tried to stretch that to the wrong crowd. The owner built a nice car, but not a "day-2" deal. The writer needs a history lesson.

R.I.P.- Gary "Coop" Davis 02/09/68-05/13/04
Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? [Re: Dean_Kuzluzski] #1323266
11/22/12 11:06 AM
11/22/12 11:06 AM
United Socialist States of Ame...
T
tboomer Online work
Too Many Posts
tboomer  Online Work
Too Many Posts
T

United Socialist States of Ame...
Guys...With all due respect,this thread has turned into nothing but a pissing match. It is done....Ted

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7