09/18/04 11:20 PM
09/18/04 11:20 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Clair_Davis Offline
master
Clair_Davis  Offline
master

Fort Worth, TX
Hmmm... my 69 and 68 strut rods have coarse threads. And now that I got a good squish on the SRB's (you're right that they don't squish as much, part of the problem) I CAN get the roll pins back in. I only went 1/4" because I wanted to be SURE to get enough off. 1/8 may be just fine, especially if you got some squish on the bushings and hit the torque spec.

Oh, and before I forget, I have a spool-mount K with both types of sway bar attaching methods. Holes drilled in both locations for the different types of sways... I thought they were all that way, but they're not. Strange.

Clair

Re: A Body front suspension [Re: Clair_Davis] #13149
09/19/04 01:22 AM
09/19/04 01:22 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanks Guy`s for all your help, whew what a day got the front suspension taken apart, blasted everything an painted an got it all back together minus the rotors an caliburs(with the motor an tranny mounted to the K member it won`t fit in my truck) Went with the poly bushings on the uppers an strut bushings, rubber on the LCA. The strut bushings I got from energy suspension used there sleeve`s that they came with no problems getting clearance for the pin that goes in front of the washer. I can see where you are talking about with the sway bar the mounts on the LCA`s stick out about 3in. the front assembly when I bought it was missing the sway bar so I guess I`ll see about finding one of those one of these days, if the front end has a sway bar did the car receive one in the rear also? One thing I did notice was the difference between the center link on the 73 front end compared to the one on my 69 Dart, the 73 where the tie rods bolt an the idler & pitman is flat, on the 69 its flat where the idler & pitman are, where the tie rods mount the ends of the center link is turned 180. The Dart was a 6cyl. car the 73 front end was a V8 car they both dip down in the middle I assume for oil pan clearance.

Re: A Body front suspension #13150
09/19/04 07:12 PM
09/19/04 07:12 PM
Littleton, NC
K
KingMopar Offline
top fuel
KingMopar  Offline
top fuel
K

Littleton, NC
The "Only" OEM factory rear swaybar was done in 1976 for A bodies....and that was for Special Services, like Law Enforcement, etc.

I had an article somewhere around here for taking the rear swaybar setup off a Diplomat and making it work with an A body. I've got a Dip setup in the barn......just another one of those projects I plan to get around to. Do have to change the shock/spring shackles and do some drilling/grinding/welding work.

Not too sure of the centerlink differences between the biscuit mount type K and the spool mount type.

Re: A Body front suspension [Re: KingMopar] #13151
09/19/04 09:05 PM
09/19/04 09:05 PM
The Pale Blue Dot
Skeptic Offline
master
Skeptic  Offline
master

The Pale Blue Dot
Just my experience, when I swapped the suspension from my 75 Duster to My 68 Cuda the steering box was different and I had to use the box/center link/idler and pitman from the cuda. The late pitman and idler enter the center link from a different angle-I don't remember which was top or bottom and the output shaft size of the boxes are different. The duster was manual steering and that wasn't gonna work with 255/50-17s on the front, so swapping the box/pitman/center link/idler wasn't an option.

Page 2 of 2 1 2