Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310247
09/27/12 10:31 AM
09/27/12 10:31 AM
Fenton, MO
66Coronet-340 Offline
66Coronet-340  Offline

Fenton, MO
The race should have continued in the advertised order until it became un-safe. The order got shuffled around 7PM when they called 2nd round NSS and extreme 10.5 to the lanes, which ran there 1st round after no-box. That tells me the promoter knew at 7PM he was going to cancel no-box and box, and waited until 10PM to inform us. And then race for 3 more hours with a chosen few.....

That to me is the biggest complaint on saturday. No explaination on the order shuffle. The largest class which if you add up the money collected from the tech cards, that paid for most of the classes pay out. Not including the spectator money collected from the racers family's in that no box class. Previous races I attended where one class is larger, the larger class will get cycled thru more at first. Also the notice is given due to the car count we are devating from the race order. The "free" race getting pushed aside because it was deemed a free race, basically is crapping on the "little" guy where the largest car count was at. On a rain out/cancellation of a race all classes stop racing not just the 2 classes in this case. I only recieved 1 time run on saturday. The whole day was back logged (yes by weather/oil downs not Josh's fault) and there was no mention of possibly canceling the "free" race, all the announcements were we will get to you. Good intentions, but seems like the rug was pulled out from under us only to be packing up my pits for the night and listening to others continue to race.

On another note what about the Quick 32 field being set, the national anthem played, then a time run for a single car that bumped out the 32nd qualifier?????? I hope there was better comunication on that one then there was on saturday.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310248
09/27/12 11:30 AM
09/27/12 11:30 AM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, for all you guys who keep on the whole "why was a ford allowed to make a pass" thing. Josh already answered for one thing. For another, brand x cars are allowed in NSS. That was announced months ago. SO guess what? There were fords, chevys, and pontiacs making passes all weekend! Yet you guys want to focus on ONE pass that took less than 5 minutes start to finish like it hindered ANYTHING about the weekend. Y'all crack me up.

Dont see what the big issue is with other brands in NSS. NSCA/NMCA have been doing that forever. It improves car count. I love chrysler cars as much as anyone, but seeing a few cars from different makes isn't going to hurt anything. Isn't that what super stock racing used to be about? race on sunday sell on monday, Ford vs Mopar vs Chevy etc. If your racing a nostalgia class i don't remember Mopar only superstock racing back in the day.

I agree 100%! That comment was making a point in response to several complaining about Glidden's ONE pass by saying "Why was a Ford even allowed to run?", like the brand was a big deal to them. I personally love watching any car go down the track, and ones that fly down in 4.01 seconds off the trailer in the 1/8 aren't brand specific anymore, anyway... but extremely fun to watch!

I thought he explained the Glidden thing, maybe it was a different post. He didn't invite him there, pay him, or ask him to show up as an exhibition. Glidden is local to there, and needed to do a test hit on his car. Its not a big deal, Glidden didn't dump any oil

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: HemiDart68] #1310249
09/27/12 12:06 PM
09/27/12 12:06 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, for all you guys who keep on the whole "why was a ford allowed to make a pass" thing. Josh already answered for one thing. For another, brand x cars are allowed in NSS. That was announced months ago. SO guess what? There were fords, chevys, and pontiacs making passes all weekend! Yet you guys want to focus on ONE pass that took less than 5 minutes start to finish like it hindered ANYTHING about the weekend. Y'all crack me up.

Dont see what the big issue is with other brands in NSS. NSCA/NMCA have been doing that forever. It improves car count. I love chrysler cars as much as anyone, but seeing a few cars from different makes isn't going to hurt anything. Isn't that what super stock racing used to be about? race on sunday sell on monday, Ford vs Mopar vs Chevy etc. If your racing a nostalgia class i don't remember Mopar only superstock racing back in the day.

I agree 100%! That comment was making a point in response to several complaining about Glidden's ONE pass by saying "Why was a Ford even allowed to run?", like the brand was a big deal to them. I personally love watching any car go down the track, and ones that fly down in 4.01 seconds off the trailer in the 1/8 aren't brand specific anymore, anyway... but extremely fun to watch!

I thought he explained the Glidden thing, maybe it was a different post. He didn't invite him there, pay him, or ask him to show up as an exhibition. Glidden is local to there, and needed to do a test hit on his car. Its not a big deal, Glidden didn't dump any oil

So by your logic it wouldn't be a big deal to most people if any local racer showed up and at MMW and the racing was halted to run a Brand X car for a time run?

Does that mean that my buddy Paul (well known at Gateway) can make time runs at MMW Gateway next spring in hod NHRA Stock Formula Firebird?
Somehow I don't think that would be allowed.

I don't think anyone is blaming Josh for the weather.
That's the risk you take in late September.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: 66Coronet-340] #1310250
09/27/12 12:14 PM
09/27/12 12:14 PM
Wheels up, MO
N
nhramark Offline
master
nhramark  Offline
master
N

Wheels up, MO
What ProStDodge said is pretty much on the money, let me give you guys a little insight from the tower.....
The posted schedule is ALWAYS subject to change based on weather and other factors. (oil downs)

By the time we played the National Anthem on Saturday we were already 4 hours behind schedule. Then right off the bat in the box class we had another 45 minutes of oil down time.

After that it took 3 hours to run 84 cars down the track, that's about 2 more hours of delays. Shortly after 10 pm we had ANOTHER oil down, and that was the backbreaker. Up until that point I had planned on running box and no box, but with almost 150 cars in those 2 classes, it just wasn't realistic anymore. We split the purse between the 1st round winners just like any rainout. Case Closed on box/no box!

Another factor was the track crew. After the violent storm that rolled through Friday night, they started working around 7am Saturday to get the track ready. All that oil did not clean itself up , and these guys worked until after midnight. If any of the track crew is reading this, thank you for busting your butts for 17 hours!

Scott (the announcer) was practically begging racers to pull over and stop if something was wrong, but one car after the other went right down the groove spewing fluid. We may have to address that situation for future races, as that truly is what messed up our weekend.

Oh and the 55 Chevy, it was totally comical how he got in. But I did call him to the tower, refund his money and he left...... sorry about that.

[image]http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/nhramark1/library/Racing[/image] 9.100 @ 150 mph 5.780 @ 120 mph
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: SNK-EYZ] #1310251
09/27/12 12:23 PM
09/27/12 12:23 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Friday afternoon , the show was in trouble!!

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: dennismopar73] #1310252
09/27/12 12:50 PM
09/27/12 12:50 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

If any of the track crew is reading this, thank you for busting your butts for 17 hours!

The track clean up crews did the best they could with the messes that were thrown at them waaaaay to many times in one weekend.

Like the announcer (Scott) was saying, "If your car does something weird that doesn't sound right, please pull over".
Don't run the entire length of the track oiling it down.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Max Wedge Savoy] #1310253
09/27/12 01:36 PM
09/27/12 01:36 PM
Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana
ProStDodge Offline
master
ProStDodge  Offline
master

Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana
Quote:

Quote:

I am not the Promoter, nor the race director, just the track announcer.

Scott

So you are the one to blame for butchering my last name and home city even after I wrote it down for you!!!

LOL - so you must have been one of the ones with an unreadable tech card, resulting in the computer guy just typing a few letters in random order! After I got the note, I never saw a name come up on the prompter that was anywhere close to even figure out which car the note went with!

Unless you were car 553 which came up as "not on file" every pass all the way to the final.

If you even saw a few of the names entered from tech cards not filled out legibly, you would cry from laughing too hard. I once had As*wipe show on the screen as a city.

So print clearly on your tech cards and feel free to bring cookies or other food to me in the tower for a tour of the zoo up there and insure yourself more airtime!

Scott

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: ProStDodge] #1310254
09/27/12 01:52 PM
09/27/12 01:52 PM
Indiana
MFR440 Offline
super stock
MFR440  Offline
super stock

Indiana
Since you brought up Tech cards, how about a place to write SPONSORS? Our sponsors were at the event and never got their name mentioned when I was running. I try to stay out of the tower during a race, as it is typically a busy place. Had I known you were taking requests I would have been up there plugging away!

Thanks to Kahlo Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram and A&A Transmission for helping us get to the track again!

Brian
(I broke a rear-end but DID NOT oil the track! )

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: ProStDodge] #1310255
09/27/12 01:54 PM
09/27/12 01:54 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Scott

So you are the one to blame for butchering my last name and home city even after I wrote it down for you!!!

LOL - so you must have been one of the ones with an unreadable tech card, resulting in the computer guy just typing a few letters in random order! After I got the note, I never saw a name come up on the prompter that was anywhere close to even figure out which car the note went with!

Unless you were car 553 which came up as "not on file" every pass all the way to the final.

If you even saw a few of the names entered from tech cards not filled out legibly, you would cry from laughing too hard. I once had As*wipe show on the screen as a city.

So print clearly on your tech cards and feel free to bring cookies or other food to me in the tower for a tour of the zoo up there and insure yourself more airtime!

Scott

Since were on the subject, My car is procharged!

Thanks for doing a good job all weeked!

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: bigtimeauto] #1310256
09/27/12 01:59 PM
09/27/12 01:59 PM
Chi-Town
PlumCrazyCharger Offline
pro stock
PlumCrazyCharger  Offline
pro stock

Chi-Town
Heck after this race Josh will have more grey hair. Oh yea he's bald

Lets see we had sunshine, rain, hail, flooding, and oil. Only thing left is snow? Maybe 2013!

See a guys next year.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: PlumCrazyCharger] #1310257
09/27/12 02:03 PM
09/27/12 02:03 PM
Chicken coop
dustergirl340 Offline
Chicken Little
dustergirl340  Offline
Chicken Little

Chicken coop
Hurricane, tsunami, or locusts are also possible.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: dustergirl340] #1310258
09/27/12 02:34 PM
09/27/12 02:34 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
3000 views,130 posts and 4 pages, way to go BILLY GLIDEN

Cant wait till next year,hell I cand wait till the monster mopar /indy trade show, really cant wait till the turtle fry at my house tonight.Fried turtle cold , dragrace vids on the telly = good times

Hey Billy if you are reading this stop in to my trailer for a beer next year you stired up so much $hit here you must be the life of the party.

I know the box/no box race was cut short and that sucks but don't take it personaly I'm sure they did the best they could with the cards they were dealt.

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: ProStDodge] #1310259
09/27/12 02:49 PM
09/27/12 02:49 PM
Sullivan, Ohio
M
Max Wedge Savoy Offline
mopar
Max Wedge Savoy  Offline
mopar
M

Sullivan, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Scott

Scott

I know man, my penmanship sucks and I was in a rush as well which made it even worse. I figured I would bust your chops a little though! Next time I'm going to bring my typewrite to fill out my cards.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Max Wedge Savoy] #1310260
09/27/12 07:35 PM
09/27/12 07:35 PM
Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
VernMotor Offline
master
VernMotor  Offline
master

Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
Well Scott now I Can tell my wife and daughter. Why the guy in the tower know who Jenni is ! lol ..That's all I heard all weekend is..How does he know who Jenni is ! Thanks for all the kind words ..I never put two and two together till this post !

PS I heard you tell many times! telling how to pull over !

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: PlumCrazyCharger] #1310261
09/29/12 04:25 PM
09/29/12 04:25 PM
Columbus, Ohio
wheelsup68dart Offline
master
wheelsup68dart  Offline
master

Columbus, Ohio
Quote:

I feel bad for the guy that got bumped from the Q32 door car because someone couldn't make a good pass on his 2 saturday qualifiers and got a special pass after the funny car. We couldn't figure out why it took so long to get the Q32 ladder and run first round. Well now we know.

This is the question I want answered, as it will help me make up my mind if I will ever attend a race held by Josh. The car that got bumped from the all run quick race was my Dad. After the way he got bumped from an all run field. WTF he was treated like sh** when he asked about this and the fact that a car got another shot for qualifing. A few did not want this to go to a 6 round event so they trimmed it to 32. I could hardly believe my ears when I heard the story. If it takes a public call out to get the answers I want to hear them.......either publicly or through private message, please tell me you are not that waivering Josh. I like you from our dealings, but will not support this behavior unless VERY well justified. The only promoter I have dealt with this year who has done exactly what was advertised was Jeff Johnson, love him or hate him he was very accurate in what he advertised and what he delivered IMO. I don't want these series to come down to participating witht he best of the worst. I am glad most seemed to have a good time, but all should know the facts.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Al_Alguire] #1310262
09/30/12 12:46 AM
09/30/12 12:46 AM
kansas
70B5Vert Offline
70B5Vert  Offline

kansas
Would it be possible for the track to have yellow lights along the wall, say every 50 or 100 ft to turn on if someone starts oiling the track??? may not work every time or instantly but sure couldnt hurt.

Any thought of coverting all classes to 1/8 th mile to get things in.
your time slips already have all the info you need to dial 1/8 th mile.

overall had a great time!!! ( even though i red lighted both days .010 and .041 after a .004 and .017 in time trials )

17 Charger Daytona
70 'Cuda 340 My 1st car
70 'Cuda 340 Vert
73 Duster 318
73 Cuda 440 Drag
1.405 60ft
10.243 et 130.54 mph
6172 Diecast Mopars
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001409817007&sk=photos
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: 70B5Vert] #1310263
09/30/12 09:47 AM
09/30/12 09:47 AM
Plymouth, MI
Blusmbl Offline
master
Blusmbl  Offline
master

Plymouth, MI
Back on track, I'm sure Billy appreciated the test hit on the car as yesterday at the ADRL race he set low ET of the weekend with a 3.88 in the 8th, and ended up winning the class.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Blusmbl] #1310264
09/30/12 10:11 AM
09/30/12 10:11 AM
Bowling Green, KY
C
cudaboy Offline
master
cudaboy  Offline
master
C

Bowling Green, KY
Quote:

Any thought of coverting all classes to 1/8 th mile to get things in

This has been brought up and it seems the majority don't want it. I think it would hurt car counts too much.

Dennis

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: cudaboy] #1310265
09/30/12 10:20 AM
09/30/12 10:20 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Quote:

Any thought of coverting all classes to 1/8 th mile to get things in

This has been brought up and it seems the majority don't want it. I think it would hurt car counts too much.

Dennis

Russ

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: max_maniac] #1310266
09/30/12 10:56 AM
09/30/12 10:56 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
If it goes to 1/8 mile, I will park my car!!
sell it off in parts!!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8